Player Discussion Ryan Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Out of curiosity when will this semester end? End of April?

Good for him doing both but even for a month the stress will be crazy.

I mean he had to play hockey like a full time job a week ago before he signed with us and complete his course load I'd assume he took a few less credits spring semester due to hockey to begin with but its hardly something he isn't used to. Athletes tend to take a lot of courses in the summer to lighten the in season load. So the only 'issue' if there is one is that us making an ECF/Finals run would likely force him to cancel whatever early summer session classes he plans to take and delay the degree. Athletes always take those shorter condensed early summer courses.

Chances are if Ryan has a tutor he can still utilize them I'd assume if his tutor was a Harvard student they might just live in/around Boston:skeptic:.

Not sure why people think this is a big deal or a conflict of interests he works nights in the same city as his school and can probably walk to a class from Warrior.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly surprised his play has kept up through the time he's been up. You tend to see rookies explode and then cool down. Watching his game, especially with Debrusk back, I'm not seeing that happening any more. I couldn't be happier with him

Sidenote.... what kind of voodoo did Sweeney do in 2014. Absolutely unprecedented draft thus far. And the years following look just ad strong. We're a lucky group

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Honestly surprised his play has kept up through the time he's been up. You tend to see rookies explode and then cool down. Watching his game, especially with Debrusk back, I'm not seeing that happening any more. I couldn't be happier with him

Sidenote.... what kind of voodoo did Sweeney do in 2014. Absolutely unprecedented draft thus far. And the years following look just ad strong. We're a lucky group

Chiarelli drafted the 2014 class

About the only good thing he did post 2013 Until he was fired

Reactions: Grasshopperking

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Shot is lethal. Knows how to play

He def needs to add mass and improve on his skating a little

But kid is a stud

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chiarelli drafted the 2014 class

About the only good thing he did post 2013 Until he was fired
What he did was hire a lot of the guys who were involved in picking these players

Harry Sinden actually gets a lot of credit for Pastrnak, Heinen, and Johansson as his long ago hires were significantly involved in their 'discovery' and drafting

I guess Chiarelli does get credit for not firing them :biglaugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chiarelly was nominally in charge so by default he gets the credit, but I bet the B’s picks that year could have walked up and slapped him in the ass and he wouldn’t have recognized them (except Pasta) :laugh:
You know the story on this - Sweeney bolted twice in a 2013 December and February 2014 I believe to Europe for up to two weeks to validate with Boston's European scouts thought of Pastrnak

The joke was Sweeney saved Jacobs money by staying with PJ Axelsson

Jacobs actually has no problem with the amount of scouting these guys do because he knows this is the lifeblood of the organization

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

You are actually right

His fingerprints are all over that draft - in 2014 he was logging a lot of miles checking prospects

When I was around folks that work there or know him and I'd notice him not around for large chunks this is what I was told

I went to a draft party at one of my buds house and they asked me who is Boston drafting and before it started I said Sweeney has been in Europe a lot and watch for Pastrnak

Alicat was at this and she probably can verify how obnoxious I was when Pastrnak was drafted

But we all get a good chuckle at Chia getting credit for this - like Gorton getting credit for Lucic

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was interesting.

On the pregame today, Billy Jaffe was discussing Krug with Dale and what an important UFA college signing he was. Jaffe said the credit went to 3 people who had grown a relationship with Krug, and one of them wasn’t Chia.

Sweeney
Nadeau
Fitzgerald

Reactions: PB37 and Thrive

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Donato has a star shot and release no question. Good hockey sense too. One off season of muscle building with knowledge of how strong NHLers are and this guy could be a superstar as soon as next season. Hopefully he can carry the Rookie adrenaline with him through the playoffs.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Donato has a star shot and release no question. Good hockey sense too. One off season of muscle building with knowledge of how strong NHLers are and this guy could be a superstar as soon as next season. Hopefully he can carry the Rookie adrenaline with him through the playoffs.

You simply don’t score on wrist shots from 40 feet out in the NHL. And yet Donato did it today.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad