Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Wait so his career isn't over?!?!

If he's only out for a couple weeks do we still call up someone to replace him? How are Kreider and Hrivik doing with their injuries?

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Wait so his career isn't over?!?!

If he's only out for a couple weeks do we still call up someone to replace him? How are Kreider and Hrivik doing with their injuries?

Kreids is skating again, getting closer.

Not a lot of options at CT save Mashinter. Guessing they go with Bickel or Gilroy as the extra forward.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Glad to hear about Callahan. Was expecting worse.

On the other topic, of I find fans who have no clue how a team is built today to not be educated fans. It's those ppl expecting someone like Perry or a top free agent next offseason that upset me. Understand players will get raises. If they care about the team, and they should understand SOME of the business aspect. It affects how you view transactions. It puts clarity on roster moves. I am feel a lot of people here have that much knowledge. It creates great conversation. Without that basic knowledge of the cap, and it hurts discussion IMO. What was said before was inappropriate to say, but is somewhat truthful. Luckily people here are not thin skinned.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
researchers found that the incidence of shoulder subluxations was more than five times higher than that of dislocations over the course of a year. In addition, subluxations were frequently accompanied by other injuries such as Bankart lesions or capsulolabral avulsions, which are normally associated with dislocations.
Well that sucks. Some1 mentioned a player no being the same after dislocation. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think the danger is that he could be more susceptible to having the same injury happen in the future since it stretches the ligaments, etc

Mr Atoz*

researchers found that the incidence of shoulder subluxations was more than five times higher than that of dislocations over the course of a year. In addition, subluxations were frequently accompanied by other injuries such as Bankart lesions or capsulolabral avulsions, which are normally associated with dislocations.
Well that sucks. Some1 mentioned a player no being the same after dislocation. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Shouldn't this be footnoted? Otherwise we'll think you just made it up.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Shouldn't this be footnoted? Otherwise we'll think you just made it up.

I thought links weren't allowed. Not sure how to footnote.
You can Google that or part of it and you should find the article.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
What the **** is a subluxation :laugh:

Subluxation. Noun

It's when a player is hurt by the clearly malevolent intentions of the opposing player who is trying to deliberately injure your shoulder through a set of specified MMA shoulder wrecking moves.

Subluxation.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Shoulder subluxation. Partial shoulder dislocation. Mine was accompanied with both SLAP and bankart lesions. If either one is the case with Callahan, he's going to eventually need an arthroscopic procedure to stitch up the glenoid capsule, and anchor it back against the bone if it is separated from the bone. Hopefully it's not necessary, he can play through the rest of the season with relatively no discomfort, and get it cleaned up in the off-season. Recovery from surgery is generally 3-6 months depending on severity and style of PT.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Subluxation. Noun

It's when a player is hurt by the clearly malevolent intentions of the opposing player who is trying to deliberately injure your shoulder through a set of specified MMA shoulder wrecking moves.

Subluxation.
It should be noted that sublaxation can be either premeditated or spontaneous. This instance is premeditated sublaxation.

JerseyRangers*

It should be noted that sublaxation can be either premeditated or spontaneous. This instance is premeditated sublaxation.

Wrong! Its pretty obvious that in this case if was obviously a case of spontaneously premeditated sublaxation. Talbot should be executed! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad