Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (2/5: Wearing full contact jersey in practice)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Very good sign. Hope they allow him to take his time so that he can come back and be 100% healthy for the rest of the season.

Of course they will, but he has to be skating so his conditioning level stays up. Ramsey is the best in the business, he wouldn't let him do anything that could compromise his long term health for the season.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers
Ryan Callahan: "(Shoulder) felt good, getting some strength back in it...getting back out there (4 practice) was first step in coming back"

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers
Ryan Callahan says getting back on ice today "was a positive", though says there is no timetable for return to lineup..

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
So, Callahan still expected to be out seven to 10 days

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Ryan Callahan laughs when I ask whether he has a date in mind to return. That means yes but he's not saying which date. Not tomorrow.

Dec 13, 2010
Interesting. Guess it wasn't very bad after all...or he's a fast healer.

It's really not that bad of an injury. With the great doctors and trainers they have it doesn't surprise me he's already close. I had the same injury playing lacrosse in high school and was only out 2 weeks, and really by 6-7 days I felt good enough to play but didn't want to risk contact.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Doesn't that seem kind of quick? Even if it wasn't that serious, I'd rather they play it safe with him. Don't rush him.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Interesting. Guess it wasn't very bad after all...or he's a fast healer.

You saying he uses this stuff? :laugh:

deer_antler_spray_pic.jpg

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It's really not that bad of an injury. With the great doctors and trainers they have it doesn't surprise me he's already close. I had the same injury playing lacrosse in high school and was only out 2 weeks, and really by 6-7 days I felt good enough to play but didn't want to risk contact.

Well there seemed to be some concern that this injury might require off-season surgery...I'm assuming that was not the case.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It's Callahan. I expect nothing less than to always be impressed.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
If it wasn't serious, shouldn't he be playing whenever he feels ready instead of letting him rest when we need to start winning?

I'd rather play without him for a few more games in this weird season and have him 100% next year than risk long term injury to his shoulder.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
I've got Callahan on my fantasy team, one on ESPN and another on Yahoo. I was able to put Callahan on IR for ESPN a long time ago but only today I was able to put him on IR for Yahoo. I just found that funny considering we've found out he's been practicing a bit today and yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->