RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Do you have to shit on any player you don’t make the thread for or something? Kinda weird how out of your way you’re going to shit on this kid.
Nope. I’m realistic with what I expect out of them. some I’m wrong, some im right.

Funny, that seemed to be the "wisdom" of the scouts on Heidt last year. So are you saying that both Parascak and Heidt are products of the team around them? Oh, and his skating is fine. Not elite or anything, but hardly "one of the worst skating prospects".
i like Heidt, actually. Think he could develop into a very good player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I keep hearing that his skating is poor.
Why not just watch some of his games, rather than vaguely alluding "that you are hearing", w/o mentioning from who, and in what context? Even a casual check in would tell you that, no, it's not. He gets around the ice just fine. Like any young prospect, he isn't fully formed, but i see no reason that he can't be a solid NHL skater if he works on it as he progresses, and grows.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Why not just watch some of his games, rather than vaguely alluding "that you are hearing", w/o mentioning from who, and in what context? Even a casual check in would tell you that, no, it's not. He gets around the ice just fine. Like any young prospect, he isn't fully formed, but i see no reason that he can't be a solid NHL skater if he works on it as he progresses, and grows.
His skating is a common criticism from various public scouting services:

McKeens Hockey [Dec. 12]:
However, it is his skating that needs significant improvement for him to make the transition to the NHL. It’s not terrible by any means, but it is not what you would typically expect from a prospect now ranked on some first-round lists.
Dobber Prospects [Nov. 13]:
Incredibly intelligent forward with decent puck skills and great feel for the game. Skating needs to improve massively, but has the upside to become a top-six, two-way forward.
EP Rinkside [Oct. 13]:
In transition, Parascak plays a give-and-go game, but just like he does in the offensive zone, he adds layers. He draws pressure, then passes and relocates. Long-range cross-ice passes create easy entries. He links his off-puck game, passing, shooting, and puck protection skills in quick succession.

At this stage, Parascak’s skating and handling don’t provide him with much space. His margins are slimmer than the other prospects in this article.

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Watched 2-3 games of Parascak's this season (against Vancouver, Wenatchee and I think Everett?) and I like his game overall, but I don't feel I've watched enough to really have a good all-around understanding of his game.

From what I did see though, I feel that skating concerns about him are a bit overblown (as to me he looks to be a much better skater at the same age than, say, Luca Del Bel Belluz was in his draft year) but I definitely saw that his mechanics weren't the cleanest and that his skating lacked both explosion and separation gear, especially for a more "average-sized" player that doesn't have a reach advantage to leverage.

To add, in the games I did watch I quite like Terik's reads, felt he understood how to position himself well on the ice to receive/support the puck, thought he was a proficient passer (though I did see him try dangerous long-stretch passes that failed miserably), and observed that he looked poised and dangerous shooting the puck the couple times I saw him elect to do so.

I didn't see any elite tools in his toolset though. And in the games I saw Parascak was definitely helped quite a bit by playing on a team with a lot of talent that buried the chances he was creating. So that, to me, detracts a couple points here and there from the overall evaluation even though I liked a lot of the plays he chose to make and his passing.

Anyways, long story short Parascak stood-out positively in my eyes though I'm unsure about the ultimate upside.

With all of that said, and taking into account that I admittedly haven't watched much of his games this year and so could be completely wrong on all counts, I think I'd have Parascak as an early-ish second-rounder right now.

But yeah, we'll see if I change my mind if/when I eventually get more viewings of him in.

Aside from that, cheers all.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Watched 2-3 games of Parascak's this season (against Vancouver, Wenatchee and I think Everett?) and I like his game overall, but I don't feel I've watched enough to really have a good all-around understanding of his game.

From what I did see though, I feel that skating concerns about him are a bit overblown (as to me he looks to be a much better skater at the same age than, say, Luca Del Bel Belluz was in his draft year) but I definitely saw that his mechanics weren't the cleanest and that his skating lacked both explosion and separation gear, especially for a more "average-sized" player that doesn't have a reach advantage to leverage.

To add, in the games I did watch I quite like Terik's reads, felt he understood how to position himself well on the ice to receive/support the puck, thought he was a proficient passer (though I did see him try dangerous long-stretch passes that failed miserably), and observed that he looked poised and dangerous shooting the puck the couple times I saw him elect to do so.

I didn't see any elite tools in his toolset though. And in the games I saw Parascak was definitely helped quite a bit by playing on a team with a lot of talent that buried the chances he was creating. So that, to me, detracts a couple points here and there from the overall evaluation even though I liked a lot of the plays he chose to make and his passing.

Anyways, long story short Parascak stood-out positively in my eyes though I'm unsure about the ultimate upside.

With all of that said, and taking into account that I admittedly haven't watched much of his games this year and so could be completely wrong on all counts, I think I'd have Parascak as an early-ish second-rounder right now.

But yeah, we'll see if I change my mind if/when I eventually get more viewings of him in.

Aside from that, cheers all.
thank you

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He certainly is not going away. Has been a prolific scorer all year. Is surrounded by some excellent talent, but at some point you have to take notice of a player who has a consistent ability to score, and score big. He is pacing Heidt's point totals of last year, and is about the same size and weight, with more questions about his skating. Could it be possible that he drops into the late 2nd like Heidt, or mid 2nd like Cristall?

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He certainly is not going away. Has been a prolific scorer all year. Is surrounded by some excellent talent, but at some point you have to take notice of a player who has a consistent ability to score, and score big. He is pacing Heidt's point totals of last year, and is about the same size and weight, with more questions about his skating. Could it be possible that he drops into the late 2nd like Heidt, or mid 2nd like Cristall?

Probably will. PG players always get picked late.

One thing that really surprised me is that he was the lone forward in a 5-on-3 PK. The coaches really trust him in defensive situations.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Probably will. PG players always get picked late.

One thing that really surprised me is that he was the lone forward in a 5-on-3 PK. The coaches really trust him in defensive situations.
I think that Cristall, and definitely Heidt, are showing scouts that they might've been wrong with their assessments of them last year, and will correct them when it comes to Parascak this year. I just don't see him getting past about pick 35-40 if he keeps up his play and demeanour for the rest of the season.

Could be wrong, as there are a lot of potentially useful Dmen after the first 6-7, but I just don't see any weaknesses that can't be addressed by a bit of coaching, maturity, and time in the gym - like most juniors. His ability to score, and be part of scoring plays, is excellent, and he will probably have another year to polish that part of his game playing with Heidt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad