RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Goals in 10 out of 14 games (5 pp goals, 2 sh goals, 2 gw goals)
Points in 12 out of 14 games (9 pp points, 4 sh points)

Which are also very good signs, what comes to the pro's.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I was watching PG vs Brandon the other day and he didn't really stand out much.

I don't know if he skating is lacking or what but he just wasn't that involved, wasn't very quick. Not that he played horrible I was just expecting more.

To his credit he was out in all situations, 1st PP, 2nd PK, 1st in 3 on 3 OT so he's obviously an important part of their team. Only one game, interested to see more.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Anyone know why he was only a 4th rounder in the WHL Priority Selection and didn't make the WHL (outside of a 4 game sample) in his Age 16 season?

Just a late bloomer?

Selfishly, I'd like to see his team knocked out of the WHL Playoffs in the first round to see him play with Canada at the Under-18s, since he wasn't in the Hlinka. Those international games give a nice feel for how players stack up.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He is very skilled player, also doesn't seem to need much room to score either, which is really good.

Sure his pace has slowed down, as it was expected but still..
18 goals, 30 points, +16, 75 sog with 20 pim in 17 games..
helluva impressive season!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Literally nobody thought he was going to score 90 goals or something.

He's still going to cakewalk to 40-ish goals and is guaranteed to get drafted.
Cakewalk? I don’t know about that.
I’d be confident with 30, not 40.

And yeah, he likely gets drafted in the mid-late rounds.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Anyone know why he was only a 4th rounder in the WHL Priority Selection and didn't make the WHL (outside of a 4 game sample) in his Age 16 season?

Just a late bloomer?

Selfishly, I'd like to see his team knocked out of the WHL Playoffs in the first round to see him play with Canada at the Under-18s, since he wasn't in the Hlinka. Those international games give a nice feel for how players stack up.
His skating was and still is a big issue. The goal clip @Frk It posted above is a great example for it – he stops moving his feet before receiving the pass and doesn't move them again until the shot, which is released from below the dots. That's going to be a huge issue at the next level and was already expected to be an issue at the WHL level. However, his shot and goal scoring instinct are elite, so I'm sure he'll be one of those "elite shooter but can't do anything else, let's throw a mid-round pick at him" guys. And if he does end up getting 50-60 goals, someone might even throw a top-3 round pick at him.

But the truth is, players like him almost never work out.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
His skating was and still is a big issue. The goal clip @Frk It posted above is a great example for it – he stops moving his feet before receiving the pass and doesn't move them again until the shot, which is released from below the dots. That's going to be a huge issue at the next level and was already expected to be an issue at the WHL level. However, his shot and goal scoring instinct are elite, so I'm sure he'll be one of those "elite shooter but can't do anything else, let's throw a mid-round pick at him" guys. And if he does end up getting 50-60 goals, someone might even throw a top-3 round pick at him.

But the truth is, players like him almost never work out.
i dunno man, these are some of the same things people were saying about jason robertson before he fell to the 2nd round and i see a lot of similarities. i dont think his skating is so bad he cant play at the next level with some work, but I wonder if his shot has enough juice in it to beat NHL goalies. hes got that rare split second patience to wait for the goalie to blink first and not just fire the puck as soon as he can, but it doesnt seem like hes launching nukes

Reactions: wetcoast

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
i dunno man, these are some of the same things people were saying about jason robertson before he fell to the 2nd round and i see a lot of similarities. i dont think his skating is so bad he cant play at the next level with some work, but I wonder if his shot has enough juice in it to beat NHL goalies. hes got that rare split second patience to wait for the goalie to blink first and not just fire the puck as soon as he can, but it doesnt seem like hes launching nukes

No disrespect intended but he is not Jason Robertson or Mark Stone. Those are two wingers with size that overcame their skating due to their smarts.

This player is not that. He is closer to Jordan Dumais than Jason Robertson.

Reactions: pgfan66

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
No disrespect intended but he is not Jason Robertson or Mark Stone. Those are two wingers with size that overcame their skating due to their smarts.

This player is not that. He is closer to Jordan Dumais than Jason Robertson.
im not referring to size terik isnt a big guy

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Aand that’s exactly why it isn‘t a good comparison.

There’s a reason there are so few bad skating small players in the NHL.
the comparison i was making solely the skating and shooting and they are similar, especially as wingers, the way they float through the middle ice. smaller guys have an easier time fixing their stride mechanics and edges, brayden point is a good example

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
the comparison i was making solely the skating and shooting and they are similar, especially as wingers, the way they float through the middle ice. smaller guys have an easier time fixing their stride mechanics and edges, brayden point is a good example
I think might you’re drafting this player, you’re hoping and dreaming he becomes similar to Chris Higgins, if you want a “bigger” name since you’re throwing out Jason Robertson and Brayden Point (LOL) out there, perhaps Jordan Eberle.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I think might you’re drafting this player, you’re hoping and dreaming he becomes similar to Chris Higgins, if you want a “bigger” name since you’re throwing out Jason Robertson and Brayden Point (LOL) out there, perhaps Jordan Eberle.
again, im talking about skating man lol i used brayden point because his skating sucked and hes smaller and fell in the draft and i used jason robertson because he fell in the draft im not suggesting hes going to develop into those players and ive said that already and im not trying to find the perfect comparable lol im saying his skating isnt so bad that teams wont be willing to take him late first early 2nd, the guy i was replying to said he would go round 3

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He might have slowed down a bit but he still has almost 20 goals this season and is still about 1.60 ppg.. good for 60+ goal and 100+ point pace...

Way better numbers and playing better what two other biggest risers and surprises of the 2021 Draft;
Seth Jarvis and Jack Quinn.

Only a total noob scout / GM wouldn't pick Terik in the 1st round

Last edited:
Reactions: tnfrs

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His rise been rocket like, truly.
4th round 78th overall in the WHL draft.

No WSI, No WHL Cup, no John Deer, no national team activity
- he went through 4 class groups in the CSSHL; 2019-2023,
over 100 regular season games that is a lot in the CSSHL

Like i wrote earlier in this thread, i did notice him last season
while following McKenna's season, but i was too focused on his age
and to a fact what i just wrote above.

He is predicted, ranked to go 18-29 at the moment
- have a 60+ goal, 110 point draft season?
he will go higher than that.

How he scores those goals, points.. very good,

He doesn't "lollygag", is very active front of the net "via crashing the net",
so scores rebounders. Does from a rush too, breakaways even
but also can score from the both points.

Good special teams player, both PK and PP
but 13 x 5 on 5 goals shows that he is good at 5 on 5 hockey too.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cakewalk? I don’t know about that.
I’d be confident with 30, not 40.

And yeah, he likely gets drafted in the mid-late rounds.

He's at #29 right now in Eliteprospects' consolidated rankings.

I don't think he's going to go that high but he isn't going to be a late-round pick either.

His hands/release absolutely pop.

He needs 19 goals in his last 44 games to get to 40 after starting with 21 in 22.

Reactions: Dominance and tnfrs

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He's at #29 right now in Eliteprospects' consolidated rankings.

I don't think he's going to go that high but he isn't going to be a late-round pick either.

His hands/release absolutely pop.

He needs 19 goals in his last 44 games to get to 40 after starting with 21 in 22.
He‘s there based on early season hype. Pretty easy to see that.

5 points in his last 8 games.

that’s closer to the level he’ll play at hntil the end of the season, not his unsustainable hot start. I’ll guess just under point per game for here on out.

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad