RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He was a pretty good player at the prep level, and the shot looks impressive to me. I’m curious to see how the rest of this season goes for him.
Yeah, i followed his entire last season in the CSSHL U18 (highlights and stats)
while following Gavin McKenna's season.

But i really didn't think much of him, because he was 2 years older what Gavin.
- i thought about him was, he is challenging McKenna for the scoring title at U18.
but he is older, so maybe he is not THAT good

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Agreed, impressive start and he’ll probably be drafted. But it’s a hot start. Maybe he keeps it up, I doubt it, but there aren’t many high end Drsft picks that didn’t play full time in the WHL their d-1 year.

Should be a fun follow For sure.
I think its impossible a player to score 100+ goals, 160 points in a single season, at this level,
at this day of time. Especially when you are 17 years old.

But hey, it would be frigging cool, if he did it.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I think its impossible a player to score 100+ goals, 160 points in a single season, at this level,
at this day of time. Especially when you are 17 years old.

But hey, it would be frigging cool, if he did it.
100 by no means, but it is possible for him to reach 50, I still think it is quite difficult, but it would be incredible because only 7 under-18 players have achieved it in the last 30 years.
However, I guess he will finish around 40/45 goals

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Agreed, impressive start and he’ll probably be drafted. But it’s a hot start. Maybe he keeps it up, I doubt it, but there aren’t many high end Drsft picks that didn’t play full time in the WHL their d-1 year, when they are able to.

Should be a fun follow For sure.

It's obviously a hot start and he isn't going to score 140 goals, but you can also pretty much carve it in stone that he's going to be drafted. Only question is how high.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Clearly a massive riser after a hot start?

Guess we’ll see.

I mean, yeah?

We're dealing with small sample sizes for absolutely everyone at this point. This guy has a laser shot and is pouring in goals, and the fact he's doing it as a WHL rookie and not with a full season under his belt makes it more impressive. He'd probably go in the top 3 rounds if the draft was held tomorrow.

This is a sport where a bad month from a guy like Andrew Cristall dropped him 30 spots in the draft. Things move quickly.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I mean, yeah?

We're dealing with small sample sizes for absolutely everyone at this point. This guy has a laser shot and is pouring in goals, and the fact he's doing it as a WHL rookie and not with a full season under his belt makes it more impressive. He'd probably go in the top 3 rounds if the draft was held tomorrow.

This is a sport where a bad month from a guy like Andrew Cristall dropped him 30 spots in the draft. Things move quickly.
This is a player that the Price George Cougars deemed wasn‘t good enough to play his 16 year old season in the WHL.

Late risers happen, yes but right now all I see it a small winger that can’t skate off to a hot start.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is a player that the Price George Cougars deemed wasn‘t good enough to play his 16 year old season in the WHL.

Late risers happen, yes but right now all I see it a small winger that can’t skate off to a hot start.

I don't really care about draft-1. Things change very quickly with prospects and where the player was a year ago isn't really relevant. And again, if he's on a ripper of a developmental curve that's actually a better thing.

He's showing projectable hands and release and getting massive results, and the skating looks pretty average to me. If he puts up a 40-30-70 season off the back of this start - which shouldn't be a stretch at all - that shot will get him drafted pretty high.

Reactions: Frk It

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I very much though there was a line in PG that could put up close to 2 PPG (individually) this year - and it wasn’t this one (Funk-Becher-Parascak) lol. Not that Heidt and Ziemmer are struggling.

I will say I suspect that by the end of the year the production levels of lines 1 (Dezainde-Heidt-Ziemmer) and 2 will invert - the dominance of the aforementioned drafted kids will certainly come to the front. But looks like their offense could be bombs away all season. I do agree with the sentiment that I’m not sure 9 amazing games is going out this kid in the top three rounds of the NHL draft projection at this point but it is certainly putting him on the radar.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I very much though there was a line in PG that could put up close to 2 PPG (individually) this year - and it wasn’t this one (Funk-Becher-Parascak) lol. Not that Heidt and Ziemmer are struggling.

I will say I suspect that by the end of the year the production levels of lines 1 (Dezainde-Heidt-Ziemmer) and 2 will invert - the dominance of the aforementioned drafted kids will certainly come to the front. But looks like their offense could be bombs away all season. I do agree with the sentiment that I’m not sure 9 amazing games is going out this kid in the top three rounds of the NHL draft projection at this point but it is certainly putting him on the radar.

Yeah I'm going to watch closely the whole season, and see where he ends up. His blazing start was also due to playing with Heidt for awhile, while Ziemmer was at camp. Now that he's back, he's tapered off just a bit. Still on the 1st unit PP though.

Actually he reminds me a bit of a two-way version of Ziemmer.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah I'm going to watch closely the whole season, and see where he ends up. His blazing start was also due to playing with Heidt for awhile, while Ziemmer was at camp. Now that he's back, he's tapered off just a bit. Still on the 1st unit PP though.

Actually he reminds me a bit of a two-way version of Ziemmer.
Was going to say just that except not a late bday so 2 more years of juniors, skating is a tad better also. As for not playing in the WHL last year quite a few players would actually be better off playing the 2nd year in Midget AAA instead of being sub 10 minutes in the WHL. He was dominant last year in his league and the Circle K. Not sure if it was his choice or PGs but I know Adam Beckman thought he was better off with another year in Midget than rushing into the WHL.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Cristall didn't drop because of a bad month. He was just way overhyped in the public sphere and dropped because of issues he had all year.

FWF

Cheers
May 20, 2019
Prince George, BC
www.youtube.com
I'll say this... I was busy as hell for the last year and basically abandoned my YouTube. I also moved to PG this past summer. What Terik is doing literally motivated me to get back on the grind.

From all the games I've watched, he's just a guy that does all the little things right. Reliable two-way forward, actively finding open areas all over the ice, and is simply just comfortable and poised. I can't really say where I'd place this guy in a rankings just yet. But I'd feel criminal not to say he's within lots of people's top-50s at least.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Parascak is putting up absolutely crooked numbers right now. 2 points-per-game is Bedard territory. And he has a younger birthday. And didn't even play his D-1 in the WHL!

This level won't continue, but he is significantly outproducing his drafted teammates.

Will be interesting to see how high he can be selected.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone that watches PG regularly think he's the real deal? Or is he benefitting from playing on a line with two overagers? Put another way, is he driving this insane scoring that line is doing, or is he just kind of a reliable and consistent player who's able to capitalize on the play of those other two?

FWF

Cheers
May 20, 2019
Prince George, BC
www.youtube.com
Does anyone that watches PG regularly think he's the real deal? Or is he benefitting from playing on a line with two overagers? Put another way, is he driving this insane scoring that line is doing, or is he just kind of a reliable and consistent player who's able to capitalize on the play of those other two?
Playing with Funk and Becher definetly helps, you wouldn't see the same production or impact in the bottom-6. I would also say Funk and Becher wouldn't be the same players without him. At this stage in his game, he's proving to be a perfect complimentary player.

His best individual qualities would be his shot, stickhandling, positional awareness, and overall hockey IQ.

As much as I love him, comparing his WHL stats with Bedard is very misleading though since he's not the main play driver whatsoever... at least for now. His production and consistency is truly a sight to be seen though, every shift he's in the right places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad