RW Terik Parascak - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I was wrong with this kids numbers this season, was convinced there would be regression but he has stayed consistent. I still don’t like him as a top-2 round NHL prospect, size and skating combo isn’t made for NHL success but looks like a great story and great junior player.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
43 goals.

probably won't get to 50, because theres not many games left in the reg season but
still crazy amazing surprise this season been from him, for sure.

Yes, i followed his 22-23 season in the CSSHL while following McKenna and he
played really really well, scored many goals and points and had high ppg, but
the fact that he was older what his team mates or opponents i thought..
well... i was surely wrong, happily be wrong and watch a player like Terik shine like this.

Time will tell what will become of him at a pro level but awesome start at major junior level

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
7+5=12 in his last 5 games, running away with the CHL/WHL rookie of the year award
(2+1 tonight)
Gavin McKenna still exists in this timeline. They'll look at age and relative teammate strength in determining ROY. Parascak has had a rookie-of-the-year season, and may actually win it, but no one is running away with it.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Gavin McKenna still exists in this timeline. They'll look at age and relative teammate strength in determining ROY. Parascak has had a rookie-of-the-year season, and may actually win it, but no one is running away with it.
Agreed. What McKenna has done this year is infinitely more impressive in my eyes. He was 15 for the first half of the season for god's sake. He should be the clear runaway winner.

Reactions: mrshootthepuck

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Agreed. What McKenna has done this year is infinitely more impressive in my eyes. He was 15 for the first half of the season for god's sake. He should be the clear runaway winner.
I wouldn't go that far. The trophy is for the player with the best rookie season and you could still make the argument that Parascak had a better rookie season. Heck, you could even argue that Cole Reschny deserves a vote or two, just because he made a lot out of nothing - he's playing on a team everyone expected would be challenging for last place and he was their best player a lot of nights.

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023

Parascak has a good case but it's McKenna's trophy to lose. Parascak is draft eligible and McKenna is a 2026 draft. The fact that it's even close from a points perspective is edge to McKenna. Not to mention McKenna is a play driver while Parascak has been a beneficiary of Heidt, Funk and to some extent Becher.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Parascak has a good case but it's McKenna's trophy to lose. Parascak is draft eligible and McKenna is a 2026 draft. The fact that it's even close from a points perspective is edge to McKenna. Not to mention McKenna is a play driver while Parascak has been a beneficiary of Heidt, Funk and to some extent Becher.
I wouldn't go that far but I agree that we're comparing apples and oranges firstly because McKenna is just much younger and secondly because McKenna has just nobody of similar quality to play with while PG is the powerhouse of the WHL. Still not liking their game against the puck much but PG's offensive potential is just insane. PG is a completely loaded veteran team while Medicin Hat has one of the youngest teams in the WHL. I don't wanna take anything away from Parascak who is a fantastic prospect in his own right but you don't need to be an expert to realize that any player would score much more with PG compared to Medicine Hat.

He's not gonna win it but personally, I think Ben Kindel shouldn't be discounted either. Unlike the other two he's playing Center, not Wing. He's also on the youngest WHL team which is one of the weakest as well. Besides Yakemchuk there's not much left on the Hitmen since they traded Tschigerl. The best forward remaining is Tulk but he's a Center as well so not playing with Kindel much.

Last edited:

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
I wouldn't go that far but I agree that we're comparing apples and oranges firstly because McKenna is just much younger and secondly because McKenna has just nobody of similar quality to play with while PG is the powerhouse of the WHL. Still not liking their game against the puck much but PG's offensive potential is just insane. PG is a completely loaded veteran team while Medicin Hat has one of the youngest teams in the WHL. I don't wanna take anything away from Parascak who is a fantastic prospect in his own right but you don't need to be an expert to realize that any player would score much more with PG compared to Medicine Hat.

He's not gonnna win it but personally, I think Ben Kindel shouldn't be discounted either. Unlike the other two he's playing Center, not Wing. He's also on the youngest WHL team which is one of the weakest as well. Besides Yakemchuk there's not much left on the Hitmen since they traded Tschigerl. The best forward remaining is Tulk but he's a Center as well so not playing with Kindel much.

Good points on those two. I really like Kindel also. Wetsch and Fawcett are decent wingers but they play with Tulk so that makes what Kindel has done off the 2nd line even more impressive. Muranov and Moore aren't exactly world beaters and his line has a positive goal differential.

Reactions: Hinterland

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good points on those two. I really like Kindel also. Wetsch and Fawcett are decent wingers but they play with Tulk so that makes what Kindel has done off the 2nd line even more impressive. Muranov and Moore aren't exactly world beaters and his line has a positive goal differential.

Muranov has been a monster the back half of this season.

Rangy, athletic player who has put it together to be a really effective WHL player. 33-19-22-41 since mid-December and basically all of that production is at ES. Wouldn't be shocked if someone took him with a late round pick.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

He's not gonna win it but personally, I think Ben Kindel shouldn't be discounted either. Unlike the other two he's playing Center, not Wing. He's also on the youngest WHL team which is one of the weakest as well. Besides Yakemchuk there's not much left on the Hitmen since they traded Tschigerl. The best forward remaining is Tulk but he's a Center as well so not playing with Kindel much.
not really Medicine Hat has only scored 28 less goals than Prince George and has lots of elite talent themselves. Other than Heidt I'd take Basha over anyone on PG. ROY should probably go to McKenna because of age difference but another factor is McKenna went 1st while Parascak was mid 4th WHL pick. Both are deserving of it though.

touchnotthecat

Dec 29, 2014
Hat trick in his playoffs debut. a period to go.

Funk i think got that second goal but whatever team that drafts Parascak gets a player imo. I feel pretty lucky I get to watch the Cougars play this season and he is a big part of that.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It will come down to athleticism for him. He has great IQ for a winger and always puts himself in the right position to score. With his frame it will be all about how much power he is able to generate with skating and puckhandling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad