RW Pavel Dorofeyev (2019, 79th, VGK)

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
What's going on with Dorofeyev? He has the perfect opportunity for a breakout year on Traktor. Is he injured?

1 assist in 8 VHL games thus far.
His team has 5 goals in the last 6 games. Apparently he's been playing decently but it seems nobody on that team can score.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
His team has 5 goals in the last 6 games. Apparently he's been playing decently but it seems nobody on that team can score.
Yeah I know of only one guy on that team that can score and he’s only 20 years old.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just watched the archive and he was downright dominant in every area. Showed off plenty of puck skills, his shot+vision, good job stripping pucks creating turnovers and even showed his physical side throwing a few hits and standing up for a teammate who got rocked.

Think he could be a Kuznetsov level steal for some lucky team around pick 20 and I still prefer him to Podkolzin.

This kid is going 10-15 for sure

This kid smells like superstar for me ... He plays such a mature, intelligent and objective game.

You can laugh at me as much as you want, but I think he's a guy who has a tremendous potential to become the most important player on the team who chooses him.

I really want to see which team will pick him.

I agree!
Reminds me a lot of Kravtsov’s type rise and will probably be selected in that 8-13 range.

Only went about 65 slots later than he should have

This guy is going to be the steal of the draft.

I have had this kid 7th overall since about the middle of January.

This is a steal, the steal of the draft.

Interesting comments. I remember people on here being really high on Dorofeyev but when I watched him I didn't think he was nearly as good as some made him out to be. He played on a really good line with Sheshin and Spiridonov in MHL in his draft year that was better than the sum of its parts.

He hasn't really done much since then. 7 points in 47 games in KHL last year (not terrible for his first full KHL season but still not that great) and now this year he is in VHL and only has 1 assist to his name through 8 games.

Considering these comments you'd think he'd be a high-end KHLer at this point but now it's rather looking like he's headed for bust territory only 2 years post-draft. Didn't mean to single out any one of you btw, just thought it was interesting and a bit sobering.

Reactions: theVladiator

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interesting comments. I remember people on here being really high on Dorofeyev but when I watched him I didn't think he was nearly as good as some made him out to be. He played on a really good line with Sheshin and Spiridonov in MHL in his draft year that was better than the sum of its parts.

He hasn't really done much since then. 7 points in 47 games in KHL last year (not terrible for his first full KHL season but still not that great) and now this year he is in VHL and only has 1 assist to his name through 8 games.

Considering these comments you'd think he'd be a high-end KHLer at this point but now it's rather looking like he's headed for bust territory only 2 years post-draft. Didn't mean to single out any one of you btw, just thought it was interesting and a bit sobering.

I dont know, hes one I havent caught a game of since hebwas drafted, but KHL numbers are hard to judge. Obviously Id rather see him put up a PPG in the KHL but its not that easy there.

Anybody can fill in on why hes in the VHL?

theVladiator

May 26, 2018

My impression from Dorofeyev back then was that his game is very junior in style that won't work at higher level. I am not sure it's fair to write him off yet, he did have a lot of work ahead of him back then, and looks like maybe still does. I say maybe because I am going by statsheet only. He did have some very intriguing creativity, so when/if he breaks through, potential is there.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
with how russia handles most prospects/young players it's not surprising when they don't put up points, almost expected

This isn't the KHL we're talking about though, it's VHL, and he's tied for 16th in scoring on his team.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
This isn't the KHL we're talking about though, it's VHL, and he's tied for 16th in scoring on his team.

Short sample size though and not all VHL teams are equal. We would need to have someone that has seen him play since the start of the year. Maybe he's been snakebit. Maybe he's not 100%. Maybe he's not getting much ice-time even if it's the VHL.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Short sample size though and not all VHL teams are equal. We would need to have someone that has seen him play since the start of the year. Maybe he's been snakebit. Maybe he's not 100%. Maybe he's not getting much ice-time even if it's the VHL.

He's one of the guys on the team who has played the most games though. And according to this link he is averaging 17:12 minutes of ice time per game so opportunity does not seem to be the problem here.

Supreme Hockey League - Players : Dorofeyev Pavel

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah, when you're struggling to score even putting the puck in the open net is a snipe. :sarcasm:

Baby steps :sarcasm:
DXNiT-2WsAEzZ37.jpg

Reactions: kevsavard95

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
And he's also played his first KHL game this season 4:33 in last week's game vs Kunlun.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
anyone here has been able to watch a couple games from him ? obviously production wise is not what one would hope for, how is his actual play ?

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
anyone here has been able to watch a couple games from him ? obviously production wise is not what one would hope for, how is his actual play ?
Bump to this if anyone has been able to catch some of his games. Beyond the disappointing numbers/league has there been an improvement in skating and or overall play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad