RW Pavel Dorofeyev (2019, 79th, VGK)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Contract with Traktor has been terminated, sounds like he is expected to sign with Vegas soon.
That is pretty premature of him. His development took a dip and he decides to make the big jump?

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
Contract with Traktor has been terminated, sounds like he is expected to sign with Vegas soon.
If a contract is terminated in the KHL, must both parties agree to its termination?

If that's the case I can see why Dorofeyev would want it terminated since he's not been playing in the KHL. But why would Traktor agree to this? What is benefit for them?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If a contract is terminated in the KHL, must both parties agree to its termination?

If that's the case I can see why Dorofeyev would want it terminated since he's not been playing in the KHL. But why would Traktor agree to this? What is benefit for them?

No direct benefit, but it's not like they're losing anything either, so why not? Even more, some long-term benefit is possible: maybe in the Vegas system he will become a better player and his KHL rights will have some value then.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
No direct benefit, but it's not like they're losing anything either, so why not? Even more, some long-term benefit is possible: maybe in the Vegas system he will become a better player and his KHL rights will have some value then.

We all know how unlikely that is , I can't recall ever when going to the AHL has resurrected a struggling Russians career. Like Kravtsov if he is struggling in Russia he almost certain to struggle in the AHL .In Dorofeyev's case he wasn't even in the KHL but performing average in the VHL. Doesn't sound like a promising move

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If he wasn't happy no real point in keeping him... The sooner he leaves, the sooner he comes back.

That is pretty premature of him. His development took a dip and he decides to make the big jump?
I don't think he decided to make the *BIG* jump. He just wants to go to the AHL which is obviously better than the VHL, but furthermore, if I were him, I would be worried too that if I don't sign and go to NA now, I will never get a chance. Let's face it, his time of relevance as a prospect is running out fast.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If he wasn't happy no real point in keeping him... The sooner he leaves, the sooner he comes back.

I don't think he decided to make the *BIG* jump. He just wants to go to the AHL which is obviously better than the VHL, but furthermore, if I were him, I would be worried too that if I don't sign and go to NA now, I will never get a chance. Let's face it, his time of relevance as a prospect is running out fast.

It's a big risk for him, considering the AHL could suspend the season at any moment.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Desperation move on his part. I don't see him reach his ceiling with that.
I mean, what would you recommend for him to do at this point? He stayed in Russia for 2 years after the draft, it went terribly. Might as well try this.

Just another case to the list of those proving "should have just stayed in Russia" isn't some kind of magic formula.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I mean, what would you recommend for him to do at this point? He stayed in Russia for 2 years after the draft, it went terribly. Might as well try this.

Just another case to the list of those proving "should have just stayed in Russia" isn't some kind of magic formula.
I would recommend to do exactly what all the NA fanboys on both sides of the pond seem to recommend all players. To work harder and prove he deserves promotion. Only they somehow only expect that from players already in NA and somehow:sarcasm: not from players playing at home.

His development skyrocketed and then took a dip. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Solving everything by fleeing the issue is never helpful. He exactly now needs to improve and show he can be a KHLer. The usual AHL adventure will likely throw him back and spit him out a Rubtsov.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I would recommend to do exactly what all the NA fanboys on both sides of the pond seem to recommend all players. To work harder and prove he deserves promotion. Only they somehow only expect that from players already in NA and somehow:sarcasm: not from players playing at home.

His development skyrocketed and then took a dip. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Solving everything by fleeing the issue is never helpful. He exactly now needs to improve and show he can be a KHLer. The usual AHL adventure will likely throw him back and spit him out a Rubtsov.
Well, he can go to the AHL and try harder there since the VHL season is basically over anyway. It's as much fleeing as simply trying to get the most out of this season which was about to be over for him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, he can go to the AHL and try harder there since the VHL season is basically over anyway. It's as much fleeing as simply trying to get the most out of this season which was about to be over for him.
There is no guarantee the AHL season is happenning in full at all.

We will see, but I think VGK is a far, far away dream at this point and it is not getting closer because of his jump to the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad