RW Pavel Dorofeyev (2019, 79th, VGK)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What’s his projection for next year? I took him 49th in a sim draft today because I liked his offensive numbers, and figured he has plenty of room to improve as he fills out a bit more. Is he going to play KHL? VHL? What about ice time and opportunity?

Well, considering every KHL team must dress one U19 player, I think, it's safe to say, he'll play in the KHL. At least, at the start of the tournament, and then everything depends on him.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Well, considering every KHL team must dress one U19 player, I think, it's safe to say, he'll play in the KHL. At least, at the start of the tournament, and then everything depends on him.
Thanks, I don't watch any KHL. Although the time zones fit better with my location now, so maybe I'll try to watch a few games this year. If you've watched him a bit do you think he's ready for that league? Or do you think he's a few years away as of right now.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Thanks, I don't watch any KHL. Although the time zones fit better with my location now, so maybe I'll try to watch a few games this year. If you've watched him a bit do you think he's ready for that league? Or do you think he's a few years away as of right now.

Well, it's hard to say. Kids at this age sometimes make a crazy progress, so I won't be surprized at all, if he becomes a regular and even better, than just a regular. But I think, to earn regular TOI should be his main priority right now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What’s his projection for next year? I took him 49th in a sim draft today because I liked his offensive numbers, and figured he has plenty of room to improve as he fills out a bit more. Is he going to play KHL? VHL? What about ice time and opportunity?
He's pretty old for his draft year and he played a few games last year, I think he could end up playing 13-14 minutes in the KHL.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
That's simply incorrect but he can say what he wants to blindly defend him. Podkolzin struggled 5v5 while Dorofeyev created high danger chances consistently and actually got points. Denisenko got the best forward but it was Dorofeyev who drove that line. Podkolzin did do a good job on the pk at least and should be a good role player.

mrsgoldenknight

May 22, 2019
Las Vegas
That's simply incorrect but he can say what he wants to blindly defend him. Podkolzin struggled 5v5 while Dorofeyev created high danger chances consistently and actually got points. Denisenko got the best forward but it was Dorofeyev who drove that line. Podkolzin did do a good job on the pk at least and should be a good role player.
I’m really not sure how you could watch that whole tourney and believe Dorofeyev drove that line. As much as I’d love for that to be the case, Morozov had a stronger overall tournament and Denisenko was just on another level. Podkolzin was one of the best players for Russia as well. You must be a big Dorofeyev fan to hype up his performance that much. He was effective but definitely not the line driver.

mrsgoldenknight

May 22, 2019
Las Vegas
LOVE his puck skills and offensive instincts in general. Good playmaker and can finish too.

Don’t like his skating or decision making at times, but both will surely be improved in time.

FromRussiaWithLove

Jul 9, 2019
Saint Petersburg
I’m really not sure how you could watch that whole tourney and believe Dorofeyev drove that line. As much as I’d love for that to be the case, Morozov had a stronger overall tournament and Denisenko was just on another level. Podkolzin was one of the best players for Russia as well. You must be a big Dorofeyev fan to hype up his performance that much. He was effective but definitely not the line driver.
Agree with this. Top 5 players for Russia in order:
1. Denisenko
2. Romanov
3. Podkolzin
4. Morozov
5. Dorofeyev

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The fact he fell to the 3rd round is insane, wonder why teams were so down on him.
Lack of strength and power is an issue, this kid is all finess, he is fun to watch but you have to wonder how his game translate to N.A. down the road...

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Wow, what a goal he's just scored to Barys! 2+2 now in 10 games (10th game isn't over yet).

Good KHL numbers so far (2+2 in 8 games) considering he plays about 10 mins per game. Nice finesse and power move for that goal. Vegas looks good so far for snatching him up in the third round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad