RW Pavel Dorofeyev (2019, 79th, VGK)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm a little late because I didn't know people were still discussing him but man what a nice surprise he's been. After a pretty whatever first look in the NHL and from my observations of Silver Knights games I wouldn't even mention Doro among our best remaining prospects in a shallow pool. I typically focused on Brisson, Morozov, Thompson (graduated now), Dugan, Dean, Miromanov, and Quinney, all of whom I saw as long shots but still had potential to be NHL regulars.

Something about Dorofeyev just had be underwhelmed. He was getting NHL looks around the same time as Jake Leschysyn and neither guy looked to be making much impact at all.

Now in his second go at it he's playing like he has what it takes to be a solid second line player. Beyond just the unexpectedly good production, the kid has shown he more than fits in on the second line and is able to execute Cassidy's system in the neutral and offensive zones.

If/when Stone comes back, Dorofeyev is going to make it so Vegas can run three competent scoring lines in the playoffs

Barbashev-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Dorofeyev-Stephenson-Kessel

And with that set up they would have at least one defensively sound forward on each line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm a little late because I didn't know people were still discussing him but man what a nice surprise he's been. After a pretty whatever first look in the NHL and from my observations of Silver Knights games I wouldn't even mention Doro among our best remaining prospects in a shallow pool. I typically focused on Brisson, Morozov, Thompson (graduated now), Dugan, Dean, Miromanov, and Quinney, all of whom I saw as long shots but still had potential to be NHL regulars.

Something about Dorofeyev just had be underwhelmed. He was getting NHL looks around the same time as Jake Leschysyn and neither guy looked to be making much impact at all.

Now in his second go at it he's playing like he has what it takes to be a solid second line player. Beyond just the unexpectedly good production, the kid has shown he more than fits in on the second line and is able to execute Cassidy's system in the neutral and offensive zones.

If/when Stone comes back, Dorofeyev is going to make it so Vegas can run three competent scoring lines in the playoffs

Barbashev-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Dorofeyev-Stephenson-Kessel

And with that set up they would have at least one defensively sound forward on each line.
Dorofeyev is a beauty, don't forget that he did very well last year with Henderson. He was 21 last year and he's 22 this year, it's a normal age to establish yourself usually. The jump from KHL to AHL to NHL is a lot of hockey and system to learn. Im thinking he's definitely on your starting roster next year and he goes from there. Also 2nd line is selling his offensive skillset short, he is one of the smartest player Ive watched in recent years.

He's shooting like a sniper right now and his % are quite high but you guys haven't really seen what he can do playmaking wise, yet. Arguably the strongest part of his skillset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad