RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He looks as advertised just wondering on the quality of the team they are playing against and if he will get a bigger challenge this year.

The team they played against was bad, but he scored to good teams as well. And those defensemen are good enough to stop any 15 yo kid... if this kid isn't Michkov.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The team they played against was bad, but he scored to good teams as well. And those defensemen are good enough to stop any 15 yo kid... if this kid isn't Michkov.

I'm very excited to see how he does as the other top 22 and 23 draft guys, alot of skill coming up here.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's 7-0 at the start of the 2nd (Marchenko with 5 points), no point to watch the game any further, even if Michkov scores his first MHL hatty.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Miroshnichenko could have been playing right now. Like Michkov.

Instead he's sitting on his butt, wondering how much development time he will lose in the USHL.

For the longest time Russians have been screaming for their boys to stay and develop at home when they’re young in the Russian system.

I am more and more pursuaded by that argument, especially for forwards. They’re better off staying in Russia. It’s a massive culture shock coming from Russia to Canada or the USA. Even if the Russian boys are embraced by the hockey world and we open the doors to them and their families into our homes to these boys coming over.

However, for some reason I think it’s a good choice to come to Canada and Western Canada in particular for young Russian D men. The WHL is a D man factory for developing good, big, tough, and well rounded D men the NHL covets.

As for Michkov, thanks to the Russian guys keeping us updated. What a fantastic talent, him and Bedard should be competing for #1 in 2023. Love watching this Michkov kid play.

Reactions: JotAlan

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If he becomes a PPG player in the KHL BEFORE the NHL draft, it'll be pretty generational. And he definitely has potential to become one.

Yeah but until he reaches the NHL he's still a " generational prospect " for Russia not yet a generational player just as Ovechkin, Crosby, McDavid were before they did anything in the NHL . Depends how you look at it really , in the past there were Russian/Soviet players who chose to stay in Russia for their hockey careers made great accomplishments in the top Russian pro league and for the National team. It depends if we will judge Michkov for his accomplishments in Russia/NT or solely if he can be successful in the NHL.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah I really hope this kid stays in Russia until he’s ready. Seems like a truly special talent.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
For the longest time Russians have been screaming for their boys to stay and develop at home when they’re young in the Russian system.

I am more and more pursuaded by that argument, especially for forwards. They’re better off staying in Russia.

During COVID, Russian prospects are definitely better staying home. Miro should rip up whatever contract he's signed and head back.

Reactions: snipes and BMann

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
During COVID, Russian prospects are definitely better staying home. Miro should rip up whatever contract he's signed and head back.

I'm not sure how it works with junior prospects, I know if a player is under NHL contract they can be assigned or loaned to Europe . CHL players not under NHL contract i.e Daniil Chayka there must be some sort of clause that allows them to go back home as a decent amount of Europeans in the CHL have went home. I am assuming of course that the USHL would be have similar rules as the CHL.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not sure how it works with junior prospects, I know if a player is under NHL contract they can be assigned or loaned to Europe . CHL players not under NHL contract i.e Daniil Chayka there must be some sort of clause that allows them to go back home as a decent amount of Europeans in the CHL have went home. I am assuming of course that the USHL would be have similar rules as the CHL.

No idea, but he should leave.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Agreed.

European prospects should be in their home country. Covid has changed the calculus on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad