RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Other than already mentioned MHL, probably none for years
And in the MHL he was a 4-5 times underager playing against 19-20 year olds. AND lead the league in goals despite going through COVID once and an additional layoff due to COVID protocole one more time effectively missing a month.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Loko's u16 Captain Daniil But just left the team. Gutik and Michkov left beforehand, what is it making prospects leave the system or fail to become established players in the parent Loko club? Seems they also often place their good prospects who are playing 3rd/4th line minutes on the MHL team in the NMHL, which some players might not be a fan of.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Loko's u16 Captain Daniil But just left the team. Gutik and Michkov left beforehand, what is it making prospects leave the system or fail to become established players in the parent Loko club? Seems they also often place their good prospects who are playing 3rd/4th line minutes on the MHL team in the NMHL, which some players might not be a fan of.

They used to use older players in the MHL, so no place for youngsters. But starting from this season, they get another MHL team, so But wouldn't have had problems with playing in the MHL. Probably, his agent thinks USHL is better for him.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
They used to use older players in the MHL, so no place for youngsters. But starting from this season, they get another MHL team, so But wouldn't have had problems with playing in the MHL. Probably, his agent thinks USHL is better for him.

It was weird that their system hasn't been bearing fruit despite being solid at the root.Interesting that they have 2 MHL teams now that should hopefully help. Those agents that encourage these types of moves well they don't seem to know much or look at the stats

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It was weird that their system hasn't been bearing fruit despite being solid at the root.Interesting that they have 2 MHL teams now that should hopefully help. Those agents that encourage these types of moves well they don't seem to know much or look at the stats

The root cause for the lack of fruits is their VHL team... the lack of it actually. But this is OT for this thread.

Reactions: Atas2000

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
SKA has started its 2nd pre-season camp in Sochi, but Michkov has to join the team later, because right now he's recovering after Hlinka.

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Only 1 goal Vs. Sweden.
2 Vs. Finland
2 Vs. Switzerland
2 Vs. Czech Republic
1 Vs. Slovakia

So the total is 8 goals as it is written there.
Do you have a breakdown of his goals? Power play/ penalty kill/ even strength / empty net

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do you have a breakdown of his goals? Power play/ penalty kill/ even strength / empty net
He did not play on the PK IIRC. The last one against Slovakia was a EN.

1PPG against Finnland. 1PPG against Switzerland.

Everything else ESG.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
*this time he has not beaten Bedard as he did at the U18 WC before.

Is that the asterisk you mean?:sarcasm:
I mean that this Hlinka was significantly weaker overall as a result.

Why would I care about Bedard? Not the point.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Your point was Canada was not there.

Both points are true and does it really matter?

There is alot of time before the draft and it's extremely exciting to have 2 prospects like Bedard/Michkov in the same draft class.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Btw Germany played instead of Canada, and Dvorsky scored 7 points vs them. I doubt, he would have scored as many vs Canada...
I mean Michkov is impressive as hell. When was the last time a prospect scored so many goals? He does it constantly. This is what amazes me the most. It doesnt matter if He is russian, canadien or from turky. He is at the Moment the most dominant prospect in hockey.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He has joined SKA training camp in Sochi, travelling to Kazan for KHL preseason tournament.

Reactions: Sagikev

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
His jersey already in the Hall Of Fame I saw today.

30 years away from induction I imagine.

I imagine he'll get inducted side by side with Bedard. :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_161641.jpg
    IMG_20210821_161641.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad