RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Only 3 though, so a bit less crazy.
hockeydb has 6'0 191 (looks like the older data)
Eliteprospects says 6'4 203lbs today
Probably based on this: KHL website has 192cm (6ft 3.48in) and 92kg (202.825lbs)
I think Eliteprospects rounded up to 3.5", then somehow rounded up again to 4"

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I don’t know how many times it’s been mentioned; but he’s grown 4 inches since his draft, that’s crazy!

Only 3 though, so a bit less crazy.

I had no idea he'd grown that big since great news indeed. This kid is gonna be a treat to watch playing in Vancouver one day. He might not be 40 goal scores as some thought but he's gonna be a bull that loves to hit and can score but his passing is actually better apparently. I'd love to see him in 21-22 in Vancouver to start the season.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I had no idea he'd grown that big since great news indeed. This kid is gonna be a treat to watch playing in Vancouver one day. He might not be 40 goal scores as some thought but he's gonna be a bull that loves to hit and can score but his passing is actually better apparently. I'd love to see him in 21-22 in Vancouver to start the season.
Growing 4 inches would make it hard to play one’s best, no? I see Pods doing wonders in Van. He’s going to be an extremely valuable player, and loved by his teammates.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Growing 4 inches would make it hard to play one’s best, no? I see Pods doing wonders in Van. He’s going to be an extremely valuable player, and loved by his teammates.
Yes, he'll have to go through some adjustments for sure growing so much. However, he will fill out and his newfound size will make his bruising style easier for him. Gritty talented top 6er is exactly what the Canucks need.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
hockeydb has 6'0 191 (looks like the older data)
Eliteprospects says 6'4 203lbs today
Probably based on this: KHL website has 192cm (6ft 3.48in) and 92kg (202.825lbs)
I think Eliteprospects rounded up to 3.5", then somehow rounded up again to 4"

His draft combine height was 6'0.75", now he is (at least according to the KHL data) 6'3.59".

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Prett sure that growth spurt was debunked by Cam Robinson (local Canucks beat writer/DobberHockey) and others around the time it first popped up.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Speaking of dimensions, does anyone know definitively what size is the SKA rink?

Like, is it the bigger European size (which I would expect, it being in Europe),
or is it the North American size? Sounds like a stupid question, except that there are some
NA-size rinks in Europe, or so I recall hearing. Worth checking since we're talking about
Podz looking even better on smaller ice.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
When I find an assessment from a professional hockey journalist or credible prospect analyst that supports your unparalled / unbiased expertise....I will be sure to re-post on here.

While I appreciate your perspective that the KHL operate immaculate developmental programs, in NA we enjoy critiquing incompetence in our local teams, the NHL and ALL related leagues where our prospects are being developed...try not to take it so personally.
LOL If you really want to enjoy failure, then so be it. The Ministry of Truth will reliably provide you with all the "professional" journalistic insights to please your expectations pre-cooked for you by the very same Ministry. Who cares bout our oldthink rationalism anyway?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Speaking of dimensions, does anyone know definitively what size is the SKA rink?

Like, is it the bigger European size (which I would expect, it being in Europe),
or is it the North American size? Sounds like a stupid question, except that there are some
NA-size rinks in Europe, or so I recall hearing. Worth checking since we're talking about
Podz looking even better on smaller ice.
It's 60x26m, i.e. inbetween the NA and olympic rink size.

Podkolzin looking better on the small rink is just another sad argument from the bunch wanting him to fly to Vancouver ASAP. This might be true for some less skilled players.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Oh man, the KHL site...

He is listed as 6'1'' at the SKA site and it sounds waaaay more accurate.

I'm actually also a bit sceptical of the 192cm KHL website measurement (although not like they had many issues with that in the past), but he clearly has grown recently and, to compare, at least doesn't look smaller than Marchenko anymore.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
His draft combine height was 6'0.75", now he is (at least according to the KHL data) 6'3.59".
Watching footage of him this season, no way is he almost 6’4”. 6’4” players look noticeably huge on the ice - Ryan Getzlaf, Eric Staal, etc. 6’3” looks pretty huge too - Auston Matthews, Mark Scheifele, etc.

Podz looks 6’1” to me, maybe 6’2”, though I think that’s a stretch. Good size, but he doesn’t look huge.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Bragin is a motivational genius (carrots & sticks)

Strong game??? Um...i guess people have different views what's a strong game and what's not...
or, there are people who mistakes him for some other SKA player???.
- who is Cam Robinson by the way?

In what world Podkolzin had a strong game???

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Strong game??? Um...i guess people have different views what's a strong game and what's not...

Hard to take you seriously considering your Pod hate obsession. You definitely didn't watch the game as he did have a strong game and was a key part of one of he goals. That said shouldn't he be worried about being cut from the U20 team like you said before or was it a mistake that he's on the team as a Captain?

Reactions: CanuckCity

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020

I know its tough for Leaf fans to appreciate hard skill & compete... but dont be a lazy Leafer, watch the game, do some research, put down your calculator and wash your stained Mitch Marner onezie.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
@0zone

He's not a leafs fan. He's a boxscore scout that has weird hate boners for certain Prospects. Should've seen him in the Bryam thread last season were he claimed he'd go 28th in a re-draft.

Reactions: CanuckCity

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I see him as a mix between Malkin and Kucherov, but hopefully with more offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad