RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 10th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOL
That 8th overall pick barely got ice time, and it was a measly secondary assist.

he was chosen 10th overall
And it was a primary assist

at least try to sound knowledgeable like you watched the game.

Reactions: lawrence

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Uh... George is a Finnish stathead, all he does is quote stats. Almost certain he didn't watch the game. His icetime is still a bit low, but he is already contributing unlike last year, he will play a much more prominent role under Bragin, who saw what Marchenko and him can do together.

Reactions: dh99, SiZ and bagsw

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kind of crazy how the Canucks have this guy also.
Exactly the type of player we need as well, fits like a glove.

he plays like the style Vegas wingers play like. Non stop aggression heavy forechecking machine.

what a steal at 8th overall.:)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
First in person eye test today. Podkolzin comes as advertised. He has amazing vision and understanding of the game. And if I did not know I would never have guessed this is a player who just turned 19. He is not particularily big, but he holds up perfectly well against men at the boards through hits and hits people effectively. He can't be physically intimidated even by two players pressuring him. And he would make a smart play under pressure. He has that thing you can't teach. He knows where the play is going and what he will do a couple of moves ahead. And that's from the limited showing as Bragin wasn't giving his line much icetime today.

His "awkward" skating might need improvement. I hope being that young he can make some progress there. While if it limits him at all remains to be seen given his other talents.

Last edited:

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
No way is he close to 6’4. Probably around 6’1-6’1 1/2.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
No way is he close to 6’4. Probably around 6’1-6’1 1/2.

If its not a typo, then its a correct measurement on the KHL website.

At the NHL Combine, Podkolzin's exact height and weight was 185cm (6 feet, 0.75 inches, 190lbs) which is also what KHL listed in 2018. It definitely in the realm of possibility that an 18 year old grew 2 inches in a year.

CambieKev

Scout. Future Considerations, Dobber Prospects.
Aug 26, 2019
Here's a look at Vasily Podkolzin's entire performance in SKA's season opener (vs Neftekhimik, Sep. 4, 2020). Look for #92 in white.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Am I the only one who see his comparable as Radulov?
People here might not get it(or like it), but he reminds me of Alexei Kaigorodov, but Podkolzin is way more physical(at age 19 already). Otherwise, same build, great hands and hockey IQ and the same talk about "awkward" and "slow" skating that followed Kaigorodov throughout his career.

wearing 55

Reactions: Magnifico and bagsw

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
People here might not get it(or like it), but he reminds me of Alexei Kaigorodov, but Podkolzin is way more physical(at age 19 already). Otherwise, same build, great hands and hockey IQ and the same talk about "awkward" and "slow" skating that followed Kaigorodov throughout his career.

wearing 55

I like this comparison, never thought about it before. I'd like to add that Podkolzin plays more dynamic style, bet there is definitely something common in their style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad