RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kravtsov also played on a team that only scored 102 goals last season, there was literally no offense on that team...Podkolzin will be playing on an absolute powerhouse who scored 202 goals last year. I would be disappointed if he only scored 20 points.
So with similar ratios that'd be 14 points, right? Perhaps we have different opinions on Podkolzin if you'd consider 20 disappointing. Kravtsov scored 21 this past year.

SKA is full of stars, which also means Podkolzin will likely get a smaller role. Well, that remains to be seen. I think making KHL would be a good first step for him.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So with similar ratios that'd be 14 points, right? Perhaps we have different opinions on Podkolzin if you'd consider 20 disappointing. Kravtsov scored 21 this past year.

SKA is full of stars, which also means Podkolzin will likely get a smaller role. Well, that remains to be seen. I think making KHL would be a good first step for him.
I shouldn't have said 20 points would be disappointing, it wouldn't. Regardless of the role that would be impressive.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Not a rumour, Benning confirmed that they had a deal in place to move down if he wasn’t there.
I wonder who he had as his guy? I'd imagine it would have been AZ that was trying to move up into the 10 spot to get Soderstrom.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder who he had as his guy? I'd imagine it would have been AZ that was trying to move up into the 10 spot to get Soderstrom.

Speculation was Colorado's 16th. Maybe part of Barrie trade.

But Podz was too much to pass up on w. The 10th pick and rightfully so especially if it can potentially be for 1 year of Barrie.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Speculation was Colorado's 16th. Maybe part of Barrie trade.

But Podz was too much to pass up on w. The 10th pick and rightfully so especially if it can potentially be for 1 year of Barrie.

Lot's of rumors that Barrie is personally interested in signing with the Canucks next offseason. He's the next 7M Dollar man.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Can the Canucks buy out his last year of his contract? I feel like he will play 1 year in KHL and his last year they will bring him over.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
It’ll be exciting to see him on either Pettersson or Horvat wing. In 2 years time you’d think he’d be excited to join the Canucks with having the young skilled forwards we have and a D man like Hughes feeding the puck. Pod also plays a style of game the Canucks need, look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Reactions: NuxFan09

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can the Canucks buy out his last year of his contract? I feel like he will play 1 year in KHL and his last year they will bring him over.

He has alot to work on and prove still, let him stick out his contract in the KHL.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Agreed. Letting Tarasenko and Kuznetsov season overseas worked out just fine.
With the exodus of talent SKA is suffering right now Podkolzin might easily get his chances as early as next season in the KHL. If he is not ready VHL and MHL are still an option. That's the goid part of the MHL/VHL/KHL system. No restrictions like in NA for the prospect to move between those leagues.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
No. Only the player can buy out a contract (i.e. not likely to happen)

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
With the exodus of talent SKA is suffering right now Podkolzin might easily get his chances as early as next season in the KHL. If he is not ready VHL and MHL are still an option. That's the goid part of the MHL/VHL/KHL system. No restrictions like in NA for the prospect to move between those leagues.

Yup. Let him grow his game over the next 2 seasons, and come over for a cup of coffee in the spring of 2021 (after KHL playoffs).

Cquant

May 14, 2015

They just signed Jori Lehtera, Dimitri Kagarlitsky and Vladimir Tkachyov. They have a decent line-up, and quite some depth. It won't be a walk in the park to make the big team. But I do hope he manages it!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
They just signed Jori Lehtera, Dimitri Kagarlitsky and Vladimir Tkachyov. They have a decent line-up, and quite some depth. It won't be a walk in the park to make the big team. But I do hope he manages it!
...after losing Datsyuk, Gusev, Prokhorkin and if you count the subtractions before Kovalchuk, Shipachyov they hardly could replace them with the guys they got in this offseason. Their depth is nowhere near where it was.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

No. He might not play much this season for SKA either. I think he’ll need at least two seasons in the KHL. Maybe more.

FromRussiaWithLove

Jul 9, 2019
Saint Petersburg
No. He might not play much this season for SKA either. I think he’ll need at least two seasons in the KHL. Maybe more.
I agree he will need two seasons in KHL, I believe he will have a full role on team this upcoming season though. There is room for him to play high or low in the lines and I expect him to take advantage. It would be surprising if he is unable to have staying power in the KHL. His game is already very mature and his strength on the puck is better than most D+1 Russian prospects. Kravtsov has a similar ability with his puck strength and handling, as well as his poise, which allowed him to stay the whole season with Traktor in Chelyabinsk. I believe Podkolzin is ready to perform in the KHL right from beginning of season and his skill and determination should keep him there all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad