RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What’s a realistic season for him production wise next year? Around 20 points?
Kravtsov scored 7 points as a rookie after a stronger MHL season and they're similar picks. So 20 would be quite a success.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kravtsov scored 7 points as a rookie after a stronger MHL season and they're similar picks. So 20 would be quite a success.
Kravtsov also played on a team that only scored 102 goals last season, there was literally no offense on that team...Podkolzin will be playing on an absolute powerhouse who scored 202 goals last year. I would be disappointed if he only scored 20 points.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kravtsov also played on a team that only scored 102 goals last season, there was literally no offense on that team...Podkolzin will be playing on an absolute powerhouse who scored 202 goals last year. I would be disappointed if he only scored 20 points.

thus another reason why it will be hard for him to generate offence numbers since he is already on a stacked team.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018

Oh that’s right, Kravtsov should have been drafted in 2017 but his late birthday!

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018

To be fair Kravtsov probably got more playing time because of it, Podkolzin will have to deal with all the stats SKA has

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I have a bad feeling Canucks stole one of the best talents in the draft.
As a Canucks fan, I have no idea what we got. Intriguing player, but there are absolutely question marks with his production.

Definitely could be a boom or bust guy, although even if he busts, he's got the frame and work ethic to be a great 3rd liner.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
When a Bo Horvat is only the 5th most talented offensive player on the Canucks, in 2 years' time the rebuild will actually be a thing.

Last edited:

Minnesota Wild

Nov 16, 2018
Minny
as a wild fan i think your right , i was hoping he'd drop to my wild so i could watch magic between podkozlin & kaprizov.
Same, I yelled at my TV when Canucks picked him! I thought he was dropping to us and kept hearing rumours we were the team to take the shot.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Same, I yelled at my TV when Canucks picked him! I thought he was dropping to us and kept hearing rumours we were the team to take the shot.

I think the Flyers would’ve picked Podkolzin anyway if the Canucks didn’t. I heard a rumour on the radio here in Vancouver saying that’s why the Flyers traded down.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
In 5 years were going to wonder how this guy didnt go top 5 maybe 3.

He gives me a Landeskog- Forsberg vibe. Without the sceiling of a Forsberg skill but same tenacity and pitbull like style.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
In 5 years were going to wonder how this guy didnt go top 5 maybe 3.

He gives me a Landeskog- Forsberg vibe. Without the sceiling of a Forsberg skill but same tenacity and pitbull like style.

I don't see the similarity with Forsberg, since his strength is superhuman balance and a lower body that is made of concrete paired with Gretzky level vision.

But I do get heavy Landeskog vibes watching him, he doesn't utilize his teammates well yet. When Landeskog played for the rangers, he was not breaking any scoring records, but is known for tenacity and Mike Richards like leadership, I see Pod being a do-it-all type player for the line he's on. Because he moved around so much last year, I don't have a good gauge on how his offense will translate on the small ice, but being such a north south guy, I think if you pair him with a wizard like EP, he will flourish like nothing else below the hashmarks. I do worry about his vision, but his hands are elite, and his shot is well above average. He will elevate whomever he plays with. As Judd brackett mentioned, he offers a unique skill that the franchise lacks, I think he's a great pick at 10.

Last edited:

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Pettersson wasn't enough of a steal for you?
I think at the time Pettersson was rated eighth and we took him at five with a slight reach but the russian was rated high as third and fell because of being russian and the drafting team having no control over him for two years so he fell to us and was certainly no reach at ten and clearly a steal perhaps , cheers

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rumor was that if Podkolzin wasn't still on the board at #10 the Canucks had a deal to trade back in the draft. Rated in the top-three for most of the season, before being eclipsed by some of the Major Junior and USNDP players who had big post-seasons.

But make no mistake about it, this kid will be a beast in the NHL. Just turned 18 three days after the draft, and already has an NHL body at 6'1" and 192. Scary to think what he might be like when he hits 22 or 23.

Canucks have another premium forward prospect to add to the stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->