RW/LW Vasili Podkolzin - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 10th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Although my natural inclination is to drool at the thought of this kid on Pettersson's wing, could there be a more perfect winger for Bo Horvat?? I mean, he'd fit well with both players because he's that kind of player. His best attribute, like his motor and bullishness on the ice along with his natural skill, makes him an ideal winger for almost any skilled centre. However, it feels like he and Pettersson would be yin and yang, whereas he and Horvat are two peas in a pod.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I see a lot of Zemgus Girgensons in him, lots of power and strength. Better puck skills at that age by a significant margin though.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Although my natural inclination is to drool at the thought of this kid on Pettersson's wing, could there be a more perfect winger for Bo Horvat?? I mean, he'd fit well with both players because he's that kind of player. His best attribute, like his motor and bullishness on the ice along with his natural skill, makes him an ideal winger for almost any skilled centre. However, it feels like he and Pettersson would be yin and yang, whereas he and Horvat are two peas in a pod.

I think it's the opposite. Podkolzin is the Ying to Pettersson's yang, and that's exactly why they would compliment each other so well. As opposed to with Horvat where they're the same type of player and would make more sense give Horvat a playmaker like Miller. Baertschi was a good chemistry fit for Bo and he was a pure playmaker.

Podkolzin is destined to be Pettersson's winger Imo.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I think it's the opposite. Podkolzin is the Ying to Pettersson's yang, and that's exactly why they would compliment each other so well. As opposed to with Horvat where they're the same type of player and would make more sense give Horvat a playmaker like Miller. Baertschi was a good chemistry fit for Bo and he was a pure playmaker.

Podkolzin is destined to be Pettersson's winger Imo.
I agree here, having Pod and Horvat on the same line would be very hard for other teams but they both play so similarily that I think it would be best to spread that kind of play to the other lines.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
What an exciting prospect. Looks absolutely dynamic. Protects the puck well and seems to have the ability to consistently create something out of nothing. Watch those clips you just want to see the puck end up on his stick, because something exciting would happen everytime it did. Looking forward to tracking his development this year.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Looks faster, smoother, and more dynamic from last time I've seen him. Excited to see him as a top guy at the WJC and how he does against men in the KHL.

Reactions: Canucks LB

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What an exciting prospect. Looks absolutely dynamic. Protects the puck well and seems to have the ability to consistently create something out of nothing. Watch those clips you just want to see the puck end up on his stick, because something exciting would happen everytime it did. Looking forward to tracking his development this year.
So exciting. 0 points. Really not a fan of him. Frequent poor decisions. Seems to have no idea where to be. But perhaps that's exciting. Or hey, perhaps I'll be wrong. It'll be fun to see, too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Highlights looks awesome but it’s the same story with him: where’s the production? Hope it’s just bad puck luck. Based on those clips you really can’t blame him for anything, those are some terrific moves.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
So exciting. 0 points. Really not a fan of him. Frequent poor decisions. Seems to have no idea where to be. But perhaps that's exciting. Or hey, perhaps I'll be wrong. It'll be fun to see, too.

OMG he didn’t get any points in a meaningless summer tournament??? My god.... but seriously, he played really well in those 3 games, created quite a few chances, hard on the puck and played his usual agrivating game. Like I said, a meaningless summer tourney but looks to be getting into form.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Highlights looks awesome but it’s the same story with him: where’s the production? Hope it’s just bad puck luck. Based on those clips you really can’t blame him for anything, those are some terrific moves.

And some terrific passes where his teammates such couldn’t finish!

Reactions: Love

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Some Canuck fans are worried he’ll turn into another Jake Virtanen. I’ll be the first to say he’s a better player in every regard minus say straight ahead speed (Podkolzin a lot more shift though)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I bet you were saying the exact same thing after his Hlinka performance too right?

Reactions: Canucks LB

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Some Canuck fans are worried he’ll turn into another Jake Virtanen. I’ll be the first to say he’s a better player in every regard minus say straight ahead speed (Podkolzin a lot more shift though)

I have no such fears as he is a very good passer and his hockey IQ is quite a bit higher.

Reactions: Nabrules

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like every highlight is him just trucking to the net in a straight line. It’s the same way Nichushkin drove offence in juniors. I just can’t see that style being very effective in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad