RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Playing and succeeding with the men's national team would improve his stock dramatically.

Reactions: Husqvarna

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Rumor confirmed. Kakko will play in the EH Tournament in February.

Amazing news. I've been looking for a reason to watch those EHT games with more focus. Previous two EHT tournaments were boring to say the least.

Hopefully Kakko is not injured then. I know that he is battling some small injuries now or at least I read today that he will skip tomorrow's SM-Liiga game.

Playing and succeeding with the men's national team would improve his stock dramatically.

Kakko vs Hughes showdown in senior's WHC this spring would be awesome. Same way it was with Laine and Matthews.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Amazing news. I've been looking for a reason to watch those EHT games with more focus. Previous two EHT tournaments were boring to say the least.

Hopefully Kakko is not injured then. I know that he is battling some small injuries now or at least I read today that he will skip tomorrow's SM-Liiga game.

Kakko vs Hughes showdown in senior's WHC this spring would be awesome. Same way it was with Laine and Matthews.
Hughes didnt have anything like the WJC Matthews did, so I have tough time seeing him getting a spot. Matthews also played vs men in NLA compared to Hughes who is still in the boy leagues

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Hughes didnt have anything like the WJC Matthews did, so I have tough time seeing him getting a spot. Matthews also played vs men in NLA compared to Hughes who is still in the boy leagues

Would suck if we don't get them to face each other one more time in same tournament before the draft. Kakko's agent said he'd rather see him in WHC than U18 this spring and that there's absolutely no chance Kakko plays in U18 if TPS goes deep in the playoffs. I guess the latter part of what I said is quite obvious though.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The World Junior is overrated. Jack's brother Quinn had 3 assists in 7 games last year and was called up to the Men's World's.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

I'll be damned. I've been cursing for not getting to watch him on the TPS jersey and he's still out? I hope it's another cut like the one before he had in the hand instead of something less superficial.

As for the WHC, the only reason USA might pick Hughes would likely be if Kakko was chosen to represent Finland. I just have to wonder if they'd go to that extent just for the sake of attempting to secure his draft position. After all, since Hughes had troubles in the WJCs, it'd look far worse in the actual men's world championships. Kakko on the other hand has the physicality to challenge grown ups as we've seen. It's still not enough to warrant any huge expectations from him either even if he made the final team.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
There is rumours that he has a concussion from strong sources. And he made two goals after the hit.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
There is rumours that he has a concussion from strong sources. And he made two goals after the hit.

Can't say this thought didn't occur to me, especially since he started missing games after that nasty hit on the wall. Crazy to think this kid still managed to bring his team back to the game despite of that. That's some bad ass warrior mentality. If it's indeed concussion, lets just hope it's a really, really mild one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can't say this thought didn't occur to me, especially since he started missing games after that nasty hit on the wall. Crazy to think this kid still managed to bring his team back to the game despite of that. That's some bad ass warrior mentality. If it's indeed concussion, lets just hope it's a really, really mild one.

Dangerous to play through if true.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
The Euro Hockey Tournament men's national team was named today. Coach Jukka Jalonen stated that Kakko would have made the team if he was healthy. He feels that Kakko should rest and instead focus on continuing his play with TPS. He will be under consideration again next time.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
F* with this concussion. For once there was an actual reason to watch EHT but w/o Kakko I doubt I'll even bother. I've always hated the recovery period when one of my favorite prospects/players go down. Still the kid gets concussed and immediately after scores two goals? Don't think I've ever heard/seen such a thing. He must have felt slight effects/dizziness at the time before it got worse later (not sure since I don't recall ever getting one). At least if it indeed is just mild, he should be back pretty soon should we be looking at the bright side.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
F* with this concussion. For once there was an actual reason to watch EHT but w/o Kakko I doubt I'll even bother. I've always hated the recovery period when one of my favorite prospects/players go down. Still the kid gets concussed and immediately after scores two goals? Don't think I've ever heard/seen such a thing. He must have felt slight effects/dizziness at the time before it got worse later (not sure since I don't recall ever getting one). At least if it indeed is just mild, he should be back pretty soon should we be looking at the bright side.
You gotta be kidding me?!

I bet they are sorry for not playing a concussed 17-year-old for your amusement.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Had a concussion at baseball.. my first, wasn't sure what it was. I stayed in the game, had a hit and scored. Puked after the game and couldn't go down the stairs to my room. Concussed for 2-3 days. It happens.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'd rather want him play u18 wjc than wc, but maybe that's just me.

Its great that Jukka Jalonen selected him for the EHT, but i wouldn't choose him
to play 3rd or 4th line role at the worlds. Its pretty obvious we'll get more than just few
NHL:ers to the worlds, so he won't get to play top 6 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad