RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
We would take care of him in Colorado. We love the gift Finland gave us in Rantanen already. Maybe then some Finnish NHL fans will finally pick the correct team in the Colorado-Minnesota rivalry.

I never got the Minnesota "crush" anyway.

Wasn't that big of a fan of Granlund and Koivu seemed not all that interesting. The Avs could break their first line and instead have two top lines with Kakko on board. Don't you guys have the copyrights for the Forsberg prototype anyway? ;)

Reactions: Murzu

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I never got the Minnesota "crush" anyway.

Wasn't that big of a fan of Granlund and Koivu seemed not all that interesting. The Avs could break their first line and instead have two top lines with Kakko on board. Don't you guys have the copyrights for the Forsberg prototype anyway? ;)
I’d certainly like to think so :naughty:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Minnesota is a ”very Finnish/Scandinavian” state immigrant wise.. We all know Swedish Fargo from the hilarious movie with the same name. And also we should know Suomi/Finland, Minnesota. Thus we are obliged to root for the Wild as Finns acknowledging the Nordic demographic history of the region, Minnesota.

Yet, their brand of hockey has been the best sleeping pill for me for last seven years and that is quite an achievement. Kudos for that. No kidding. Countless are the cold lonely nights I have fallen asleep a glass of Scotch beside me watching or rather listening or rather hearing Koivu Granlund and then that Swedish d man hustling the puck frantically back and forth exemplifying high work ethic as they should as Nordics - until the lights go off without a notice, without the buzzer signaling a goal or the end of the game which never came for me. Only the big sleep. Dreaming of beautiful women naked. And some good ol hockey. Slap shot revisited.

Oh and what was the thread? Kaapo Kakko... Great young player with lots of Forsberg in his style. Very promising. And sorry for the OT. But it is a good read anyway. So be it.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Minnesota is a ”very Finnish/Scandinavian” state immigrant wise.. We all know Swedish Fargo from the hilarious movie with the same name. And also we should know Suomi/Finland, Minnesota. Thus we are obliged to root for the Wild as Finns acknowledging the Nordic demographic history of the region, Minnesota.

Yet, their brand of hockey has been the best sleeping pill for me for last seven years and that is quite an achievement. Kudos for that. No kidding. Countless are the cold lonely nights I have fallen asleep a glass of Scotch beside me watching or rather listening or rather hearing Koivu Granlund and then that Swedish d man hustling the puck frantically back and forth exemplifying high work ethic as they should as Nordics - until the lights go off without a notice, without the buzzer signaling a goal or the end of the game which never came for me. Only the big sleep. Dreaming of beautiful women naked. And some good ol hockey. Slap shot revisited.

Oh and what was the thread? Kaapo Kakko... Great young player with lots of Forsberg in his style. Very promising. And sorry for the OT. But it is a good read anyway. So be it.
I liked it

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
While watching the game I was just telling my gf about how Kakko has this strange ability to just steal pucks along the walls even when it doesn't look likely, then at that same moment he is behind the goal battling for that small damned black thing, knocking a guy out to get it (borderline according the rules) and feeding it to a team mate who scores from his own rebound. Couldn't help but to laugh at the timing. Kakko took over the Friday night premium game and almost had one of the nastiest goals of the year, but the puck slipped away at the last minute.

He has that same will-power and that same hunger I saw in Laine during the draft year and the ability to lift a gear towards the end of the final whistle.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think Palve and Kakko should play on the same line. Both like to hang onto the puck.
Maybe not. But we shall see how the line-o-mat goes if TPS could soon actually for the first time this season get the top players back. Filppula and Korpikoski should be returning soon...

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Had a dominant third period today. Solid 1+1 and then this:

Holy crap. Too bad he didn't score of that. 1+1 is a decent outcome from the night though. He was very close to have a second assist as well while his team scored 3 goals total in the game.

Kaapo's assist and goal can be found here. Finnish IP might be required:

Maalikooste: Tappara–TPS

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Mountlaine

Feb 8, 2018
He scored again and there's still +30 minutes left to make it a hatty.

E: And it's a hatty. Soft goal but it counts. One period left to play.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He just can score in multiple ways, very impressive. Two totally different kind of goals. Beauty shot in the second one.

E: You can see his confidence is sky high. These things he does on the ice.. Like just seconds ago he dangled past Lukko's defenseman and Lukko needed 3 played to knock Kakko off the puck.

Last edited:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
9 points in 8 games since coming back from WJC. One goal away from reaching Laine's goal totals in Liiga despite playing 11 less games.

Reactions: LAINEC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad