Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I really like the potential in Grans - my ask would be for Faber, but I 100% understand the Kings not wanting to move him. I think Faber would play a style that would look amazing beside Hughes and he has the higher ceiling in my mind. I like Grans size so I would consider that deal, but I would drag my feet hoping for Faber. I'm also not a huge fan of Kupari, his offense never really seemed to develop after his draft year, but at 21 I'm not even close to writing him off, just a red flag in my mind.

I’d rather send a better forward prospect at that point, something like Grans and Vilardi. Faber’s value has never been higher so I’m not sure what a deal would look like including him. Hard to say.

A deal for Miller could include Faber, I just don’t know what other pieces LA would need to send. Maybe something like Athanasiou, Faber, and a first, but it just feels real bad moving Faber right now.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'd take 1st, Kravstov, Lundkvist for Horvat

I get why everyone wants Schnieder for Miller. Lundkvist is still an excellent RD prospect, who fills a huge hole in our lineup. I really like Kravstov, He could fit in very well with our top 6, and the Ranegrs pick could very well be in about 22-25 range.

Lundkvist doesn't fill a huge hole in the lineup, he fills a RHD position but he's completely the wrong type of player. Canucks have too many offensive mind guys and the D is already on the smaller and soft side. Lundkvist gives us more of what we have and nothing what we need, unless if all you're looking for is to tick the box of a RHD. I would be very annoyed with this management group if that's the best they could do, I think LA has way better options for the Canucks than Lundkvist.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I’d rather send a better forward prospect at that point, something like Grans and Vilardi. Faber’s value has never been higher so I’m not sure what a deal would look like including him. Hard to say.

A deal for Miller could include Faber, I just don’t know what other pieces LA would need to send. Maybe something like Athanasiou, Faber, and a first, but it just feels real bad moving Faber right now.
On the contrary you could be trading him at his peak value and gaining one miller…

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Lundkvist doesn't fill a huge hole in the lineup, he fills a RHD position but he's completely the wrong type of player. Canucks have too many offensive mind guys and the D is already on the smaller and soft side. Lundkvist gives us more of what we have and nothing what we need, unless if all you're looking for is to tick the box of a RHD. I would be very annoyed with this management group if that's the best they could do, I think LA has way better options for the Canucks than Lundkvist.
You are putting a lot of eggs in Rathbones basket, because aside from him and Hughes, we dont have any offensive minded d. We certainly don’t have any offence coming from the right side of our d.

Lundkvist isn’t a big, stay ar home rd that I agree we need, but he is far from a redundant spare part.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Van should just keep their players. They have a decent team on paper. Just continue to build and develop what you have.
Benning screwed us cap wise.Players will be moved.I don't think it will be big time players like Horvat tho..Pearson ,Scheen,Harmonic,,are sure to be traded tho...

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Almost 70% of his starts are in the offensive zone. He's used as a 4th forward, not a defenseman.

I am not getting into the pi$$ing match too deep.............

But he is a +10 with 20 PP points that is a net +30 while on the ice.................I wish we had more like that............

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Rangers need to add more, Schneider's potential is top 4 but Miller is a legit all star player, maybe add another prospect or first round pick.

Why?

Schneider, Kravstov, 1st is a very reasonable return for Miller. That’s a high end prospect that is NHL ready and fits an organizational need, another fairly highly touted prospect with a few question marks (boom / bust), and a late 1st.

I agree that type of return doesn’t replace what Miller brings, but if you think we’re getting much more than that then I’d say you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Why?

Schneider, Kravstov, 1st is a very reasonable return for Miller. That’s a high end prospect that is NHL ready and fits an organizational need, another fairly highly touted prospect with a few question marks (boom / bust), and a late 1st.

I agree that type of return doesn’t replace what Miller brings, but if you think we’re getting much more than that then I’d say you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yeah I agree completely........I see a lot of us thinking we should be adding to that but man I would be stoked with Schneider........even if we aren't maxing out (as I think that we are expecting more than this) shoring up our biggest position of need long term with a cheap young assett is a massive win right there. To me that alone is worth it.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Monahan+ for Miller. Gitr done.

upload_2022-3-2_23-24-30.gif

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Do the Avs need yet another prominent scoring threat? Miller wasn't all that great in TB. I kinda feel he's better in a role where by he's ''the guy'' or pert near.

He had 47 points as a 3rd liner, and when he was traded to the Lighting had 18 points in his first 19 games, pretty decent numbers really given context.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Or you could have strong puck-movers zipping it around on every pair, like Colorado.

I'm not saying Lundkvist will be on the level of someone like Girard. But focusing on player types at this stage is foolhardy. The Canucks have zero prospect depth. They need everything. Just take the best package of prospects you can get.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He had 47 points as a 3rd liner, and when he was traded to the Lighting had 18 points in his first 19 games, pretty decent numbers really given context.
Initially yes but over time his numbers and role dwindled a bit. To be clear I'm not suggesting he's a slouch by any means. But I don't think the AV's need such a guy. At best he'd be what 4th or 5th best forward?

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Initially yes but over time his numbers and role dwindled a bit. To be clear I'm not suggesting he's a slouch by any means. But I don't think the AV's need such a guy. At best he'd be what 4th or 5th best forward?

If you go by points, 3rd. The only Avs ahead of Miller by points are Kadri and Rantanen.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everyone available except the only ones everyone actually wants.

Typical Canucks fire sale.
What a stupid post, my lord
Canucks are trading a top 15 scorer in the league

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Schneider is not going anywhere. Gallant coached him at the Worlds before becoming the HC of the Rangers. Now, in a season where most thought he was going to spend probably all season in the AHL, he's playing 3rd pair minutes in the NHL. When Fox went down before the All Star break, he was logging ~20 minutes a night and looked pretty decent while doing that.

The Rangers also traded up to get him. Yes, Davidson and Gorton were leading the front office, but Drury was right there with them. He's been stylistically compared to Trouba, and some pre-draft comps stylistically were Shea Weber and Brent Seabrook.

While you do have to give to get an all star level player in Miller, the Rangers just aren't at the stage where moving that kind of a piece out is ideal. Schneider is the immediate Trouba replacement when he is in decline or when he is moved off the roster. Him and Othmann are the two guys I would not give up as a franchise. Their value has only skyrocketed since being drafted. Anyone else not currently in the NHL would be up for grabs, but these two would be off limits for players that will only be around for 1 and a 1/4 seasons.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yup watch lots. I live in the West. I don't think Hughes carries the team at all. Demko, Miller and Horvat are your most impactful players. EP is really good when he's on, but very inconsistent. I like Hughes to Barrie. Similar type of players.
Lmao:laugh:

Why do people pretend they watch the Canucks when clearly they don’t

Last edited:

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
The trend with proposals here has been "we cant give up this guy for Miller, he's too good". And it's like, if every teams good players are untouchable, where is there ever a deal to be made? Miller is an elite player. You have to give to get.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Schneider is not going anywhere. Gallant coached him at the Worlds before becoming the HC of the Rangers. Now, in a season where most thought he was going to spend probably all season in the AHL, he's playing 3rd pair minutes in the NHL. When Fox went down before the All Star break, he was logging ~20 minutes a night and looked pretty decent while doing that.

The Rangers also traded up to get him. Yes, Davidson and Gorton were leading the front office, but Drury was right there with them. He's been stylistically compared to Trouba, and some pre-draft comps stylistically were Shea Weber and Brent Seabrook.

While you do have to give to get an all star level player in Miller, the Rangers just aren't at the stage where moving that kind of a piece out is ideal. Schneider is the immediate Trouba replacement when he is in decline or when he is moved off the roster. Him and Othmann are the two guys I would not give up as a franchise. Their value has only skyrocketed since being drafted. Anyone else not currently in the NHL would be up for grabs, but these two would be off limits for players that will only be around for 1 and a 1/4 seasons.
Ya, because coaches make the deals. BB has said he doesn't want to see Miller gone, and if he gets the best offer, likely will be. BB won't be happy about it, but he will adjust and coach the team.
Gallant will be the same way if Schneider is traded to get Miller. Miller does WAY more for this team now and next season than Schneider does. If Drury thinks they might win the cup with Miller, he makes the deal. If he doesn't think it can happen, he doesn't. Simple as that.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Or you could have strong puck-movers zipping it around on every pair, like Colorado.

I'm not saying Lundkvist will be on the level of someone like Girard. But focusing on player types at this stage is foolhardy. The Canucks have zero prospect depth. They need everything. Just take the best package of prospects you can get.

Lundkvist being the main asset back in a Horvat or Miller trade is really underwhelming, we’re trading one of our best players in their prime on a great contract… it’s beyond underwhelming of a return. If that’s the best our management can do then we have big issues in Vancouver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad