Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
When Rutherford took over as POHO of the Canucks in December he said he will need about a month to fully assess the team and who he can build around. However, there was cancellation of games so the process took longer. Now it looks likes Rutherford and Allvin have completed their assessment and are ready to pull the trigger.

It sounds like that only Pettersson, Hughes and Demko are the only untouchables on the team and the 3 pillars the Canucks will build around.

This means that the following players might gain some interest and can be moved for the right price:

Miller
Horvat
Garland
Boeser
Myers

Now this doesnt mean they are going on a full rebuild and will be trading ALL those players away. For example, if they move Horvat, I believe its because they have indication from Miller that he wants to stay and will sign long term. If They move Miller then Horvat isnt going anywhere.

However, its interesting to see that the Canucks are willing to listen to see what the best offers are for these players and if it makes sense for them for their window of wanting to be cup contenders in 2 years.

Lets see some offers that can possibly peek the interest of Rutherford!

Canucks Needs:

- At this point Right D is their biggest Need but D in general is something that needs upgrade. Winger and Goalie is probably their strongest position.

-Rutherford has mentioned Speed and Skill during many many interviews as the type of player he wants to trade for.

-Rutherford has also mentioned clearing cap

- 23 yrs-ish is the age range of players the Canucks are supposedly targeting in any trade return

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Allow me to begin the flood of ripoff proposals that don't bother to even begin to consider the Canucks' needs by suggesting you send Horvat to the Jackets for Emil Bemstrom and a 1st. ;)

But seriously, I'd love for the Jackets to get involved, but the needs the Canucks have are pretty much the same ones we have. :(

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Allow me to begin the flood of ripoff proposals that don't bother to even begin to consider the Canucks' needs by suggesting you send Horvat to the Jackets for Emil Bemstrom and a 1st. ;)

But seriously, I'd love for the Jackets to get involved, but the needs the Canucks have are pretty much the same ones we have. :(

Yeah I dont think there would be a shortage of interest for Horvat.

26 yrs old
Captain
Not a rental
One of the best face-off guys in the NHL
Good for over 20+ goals a year

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I could see Ottawa interested in Podkolzin, especially if they sign Kuzmenko.

If Ottawa drafts 8-10 would a 1st round pick do?

Pod/Stu/Kuz could be hella fun to watch.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Podkolzin was drafted 10th just a few years ago and is trending fine. Fits more with our age group.

Doesn't really make sense for us to trade him for about the same pick we used to acquire him.

Assuming we trade away an older winger, a spot opens up for him in our top-6 going forward.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

It would depend if the Canucks really really like a player ( Maybe a Dman?) at the draft? That would be a draft table trade to see if the player the Canucks want would still be available.

Id hate to lose Podkolzin, he really plays a style that is very needed with the Canucks core. Puck hound, heavy, smart and has playmaking abilities

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Garland is available again?
Surprising.

He shouldn't be but the rumor came out a few weeks ago that he was.

I hope it was more just the management team doing their due diligence.

I think most Canucks fans like what Garland brings @ his AAV and would prefer to move Boeser if we are trading a RW.

Reactions: BillyZito

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Cost on Horvat/Miller to NYR? I get both have different values but I don’t see how Vancouver keeps them both with EP40 there as well

Horvat for Lundkvist+1st+2nd?

Miller for ???

Schneider and Kakko are off limits.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I could see horvat to the rangers more so than Miller. Wouldn’t cost as much to get horvat

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Schneider is not being moved for a player that has only 1.5 years on his deal. He’s stepped in and is looking like a future top pair defenseman. Maybe before he made the NHL I could see him being moved but even with our RHD depth Schneider isn’t going anywhere unless it’s for a true top talent that you can’t turn down. There’s a reason why every team is trying to get at him right now. I can’t even remember the last time a Schneider level prospect was traded

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Schneider is not being moved for a player that has only 1.5 years on his deal. He’s stepped in and is looking like a future top pair defenseman. Maybe before he made the NHL I could see him being moved but even with our RHD depth Schneider isn’t going anywhere unless it’s for a true top talent that you can’t turn down
Oh i agree....i'm just setting up for the shitstorm that's about to come...

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad