Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I hate all the pi$$ing matches on here........

What I am looking for is the what's and why's...........

So, basically, if I propose a trade...........tell why it won't work...............did I over-value, or did I over-inflate?

But the answers back, well because, or some a$$hate makes fun of the proposal........just hate it

People say, you don't know, but will not teach, if they are good..........

IMO, when you look at the possibility of a Miller trade.........

.........it should include a decent 1st, good prospect and a decent roster player (not a cap dump) that has term or is a RFA

Selling a top 30 player, is selling gold, and gold have value...........

A first, outside of the top 5-6 most seasons are what if's, or turn out not as good as promised, prospects who have not played

many NHL games are unproven, and can still faulter.........(keep in mind they start out in sheltered positions most time).

A decent roster player is a 3rd line player, who has skill, but is missing that something that could elevate him higher..........

Again, a top 30 forward/dman, are rare and are gold................

Now, in saying that, most posters know their own players and prospects much better than the player suggested, and unless the player is

hated, posters will have a certain bias ( Hey, I fall into that)

So with all that said............here is my proposal, and why

JT MIller, and Jett Woo

for

Domi (UFA), Chicago's 2022-1st, and Corson Ceulemans

IMHO, I see Columbus really liking Miller, and I see Miller resigning, as I think they have the cap to do so.......I would go as far as letting

Columbus talking to Miller's agent, pre trade. will go for around 8.25 to 8.5 Million per X 7 or 8 years.....similar to Zibanejad

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I hate all the pi$$ing matches on here........

What I am looking for is the what's and why's...........

So, basically, if I propose a trade...........tell why it won't work...............did I over-value, or did I over-inflate?

But the answers back, well because, or some a$$hate makes fun of the proposal........just hate it

People say, you don't know, but will not teach, if they are good..........

IMO, when you look at the possibility of a Miller trade.........

.........it should include a decent 1st, good prospect and a decent roster player (not a cap dump) that has term or is a RFA

Selling a top 30 player, is selling gold, and gold have value...........

A first, outside of the top 5-6 most seasons are what if's, or turn out not as good as promised, prospects who have not played

many NHL games are unproven, and can still faulter.........(keep in mind they start out in sheltered positions most time).

A decent roster player is a 3rd line player, who has skill, but is missing that something that could elevate him higher..........

Again, a top 30 forward/dman, are rare and are gold................

Now, in saying that, most posters know their own players and prospects much better than the player suggested, and unless the player is

hated, posters will have a certain bias ( Hey, I fall into that)

So with all that said............here is my proposal, and why

JT MIller, and Jett Woo

for

Domi (UFA), Chicago's 2022-1st, and Corson Ceulemans

IMHO, I see Columbus really liking Miller, and I see Miller resigning, as I think they have the cap to do so.......I would go as far as letting

Columbus talking to Miller's agent, pre trade. will go for around 8.25 to 8.5 Million per X 7 or 8 years.....similar to Zibanejad
I get that Miller is from Columbus, but you're really not respecting where Columbus is at in terms of their cycle.

They are 10 or so points out of the playoffs and are rebuilding. Trading for a player with 1.5 years of team control would be a catastrophic mistake.

They won the lottery on getting Chicago's pick this year (i.e. the Hawks grossly overestimated where they were at), why would they trade that winning lottery ticket for something that doesn't even match their competitive window?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I get that Miller is from Columbus, but you're really not respecting where Columbus is at in terms of their cycle.

They are 10 or so points out of the playoffs and are rebuilding. Trading for a player with 1.5 years of team control would be a catastrophic mistake.

They won the lottery on getting Chicago's pick this year (i.e. the Hawks grossly overestimated where they were at), why would they trade that winning lottery ticket for something that doesn't even match their competitive window?

I think that is a fair question.............

I think Miller re-signs in Columbus, and gives them a real first line center for Laine, who can PP, PK, is strong on F/O's, and is a team leader.

In short, he is what every team wants. True he is 28, but he is still on his last contract for a year, before having to be re-signed.

As for the Columbus assets traded. IMO, there is risk in the Chicago 1st, in that there is always the bust or late development factor that

is present. The Canucks need to move someone, and a Miller to Columbus makes sense for him. As for Domi, I believe he will go to free agency,

and would only not for something like a play with Horvat move. ( Because they are good friends). Ceulemans for Woo part of the package is to

even up the trade. Both are unproven at this point. Neither have are on the top 100 prospects not in the NHL list.

IMO, with all the young talent in Columbus, they are close to breaking out, and they would still have their own 1st, in which to build with.

It is true that the 8th OA has value, no argument, but Miller has a hell of alot more.

Miller for a 8th OA and Ceulemans is fair value, and is favor of Columbus, but the Domi for Woo, albeit Domi being a UFA at the end of the year, evens it out...............

PS..............If we had cap room, I would not suggest this trade, Miller is that good and top 10/15 scorers do not present themselves often. Benning was very lucky on acquiring him..............so would Columbus............he would be your best forward, by a mile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad