Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I'm genuinely not trolling. The guy is a 4th forward. He plays very porous defense. His coaches shelter him as heavily as is possible among NHL defensemen. He's more sheltered than guys like Barrie and Gustafsson.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Horvat for 2022 1st, 2022 2nd (higher pick between STL/NYR), Kravtsov, and Robertson?

Definitely open to moving Horvat but this isn't really appealing. Although he doesn't have as much value as Miller there still needs to be something of value. A late first, a busting prospect (imo, Kravtsov didn't even make the Rangers this year) and a decent prospect doesn't move the needle here. Not demanding Schneider but this package will be easily beat if Horvat is available.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Do the Avs need yet another prominent scoring threat? Miller wasn't all that great in TB. I kinda feel he's better in a role where by he's ''the guy'' or pert near.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins trade for Dallas at 10 in 2013 got torpedoed by Canucks trading for 9 and taking Horvat

Bruins get their man now

giving up Lysell will be a crusher but I think they do it

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Grans, perhaps?
I really like the potential in Grans - my ask would be for Faber, but I 100% understand the Kings not wanting to move him. I think Faber would play a style that would look amazing beside Hughes and he has the higher ceiling in my mind. I like Grans size so I would consider that deal, but I would drag my feet hoping for Faber. I'm also not a huge fan of Kupari, his offense never really seemed to develop after his draft year, but at 21 I'm not even close to writing him off, just a red flag in my mind.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
this thread got really interesting.
one other factor that I think (hope) doesnt make Canuck fans look greedy and out of their minds -- this will be JR's first trade for the new club, and a franchise-defining one at that. I think that adds extra pressure to make it a killer for the team, so don't expect him to go for modest returns ...maybe wishful thinking, i know...

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Definitely open to moving Horvat but this isn't really appealing. Although he doesn't have as much value as Miller there still needs to be something of value. A late first, a busting prospect (imo, Kravtsov didn't even make the Rangers this year) and a decent prospect doesn't move the needle here. Not demanding Schneider but this package will be easily beat if Horvat is available.

I'd take 1st, Kravstov, Lundkvist for Horvat

I get why everyone wants Schnieder for Miller. Lundkvist is still an excellent RD prospect, who fills a huge hole in our lineup. I really like Kravstov, He could fit in very well with our top 6, and the Ranegrs pick could very well be in about 22-25 range.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I'm starting to come around on moving Schneider in a package for Miller @50%. It's so tough, but finding a 1-2 punch down the middle is what wins championships. It's not like the NYR don't have a solid top-4 already to build on. The bottom pair should be Jones and a rhD that is similar to Schneider, but I feel you can find that in FA for cheap. I don't know. It comes down to cost-controlled versus spending, and the Rangers are going to have to be smart about this over the next year.

EDIT: I would do 1st+Kravtsov+Schneider for Miller @50%

This actually seems very reasonable to me.............it's gotta hurt both ways and both sides probably feel like they getting jobbed a bit. Schneider really does fit what we need and Miller fits what you need. I know you guys aren't at all sold on Strome. Kravtsov probably has the value of a 2nd or 3rd but at least i feel he has some solid upside. Alot of our fans won't like this but I could live with it as it addresses long term the position we most need to shore up.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
This actually seems very reasonable to me.............it's gotta hurt both ways and both sides probably feel like they getting jobbed a bit. Schneider really does fit what we need and Miller fits what you need. I know you guys aren't at all sold on Strome. Kravtsov probably has the value of a 2nd or 3rd but at least i feel he has some solid upside. Alot of our fans won't like this but I could live with it as it addresses long term the position we most need to shore up.
Rangers need to add more, Schneider's potential is top 4 but Miller is a legit all star player, maybe add another prospect or first round pick.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

I get why everyone wants Schnieder for Miller. Lundkvist is still an excellent RD prospect, who fills a huge hole in our lineup. I really like Kravstov, He could fit in very well with our top 6, and the Ranegrs pick could very well be in about 22-25 range.

Disagree with everything you've said here. Kravstov is 22 years old and still couldn't make the Rangers, his production has never been that great and I personally think chances are (based on historical precedent) that he busts as opposed to turning into a regular top 6 NHL player. Lundkvist a decent prospect but we simply don't need another offensively oriented smallish puckmover, regardless of what side he plays.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Rangers need to add more, Schneider's potential is top 4 but Miller is a legit all star player, maybe add another prospect or first round pick.

I could see another 3rd as an add Mayyyyybe a second but you getting super greedy now. There's a reason why us Canucks fans have a boner for Schneider - he's exactly what we need. Soo many Nucks fans playing coy or demanding a kings ransom here. I just don't see how that would make sense for them. Schneider is a HUGE win imo - anything else is gravy.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Lundkvist has struggled this year. Ranger fans were expecting a better player and now that he's hanging in the AHL and not looking particularly great he's thrown in to every proposal.

Kravstov in his d+4 playing in the KHL who the hell knows what he wants to do in the future - plus he's shown he can't be an NHL'er thus far. Another totally over-rated prospect.

1st will be 22-28th most likely?

You're accepting two over-rated prospects and a late 1st for an established NHL captain having a bad year. It's a lousy but shiny quantity package that might dupe some fantasy hockey donkey.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Do the Avs need yet another prominent scoring threat? Miller wasn't all that great in TB. I kinda feel he's better in a role where by he's ''the guy'' or pert near.
I think you're right, but as a Canucks fan, I'm hoping NHL GM's don't realize this.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Van should just keep their players. They have a decent team on paper. Just continue to build and develop what you have.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Van should just keep their players. They have a decent team on paper. Just continue to build and develop what you have.
It’s a great thought but you can’t force a player to resign (miller) or to resign for cheap (Boeser).

Add in being right up against the cap and your hands get tied real fast. So next best idea is to trade and replenish your assets. Build out from Demko/ Hughes/ petey

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad