Russia Defeats Canada on All Levels in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

pouskin74*

Russia had like 17 or 18 shots. I think they were really lucky to get away with such a poor effort. That said, I expected Canada to play much better. Phaneuf's defensive ability is laughable.

actually 20 but as we know icehockey is more than just shots you know:sarcasm:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
IIRC, Canada has only beaten Russia ONCE since 2006.

2006 OG: Russia - Canada 2:0 Italy

2008 WC: Russia - Canada 5:4 Canada

2009 WC: Russia - Canada 2:1 Switzerland

2010 OG: Russia - Canada 3:7 Canada

2010 WC: Russia - Canada 5:2 Germany

2011 WC: Russia - Canada 2:1 Slovakia

That being said, Russia has 5 wins against 1 loss. On the best vs best level we are tied 1-1 with Canada winning on its own ground. Russia won all 4 games at WC with 1 being held on Canadian soil.

The conclusion is Russia is better than Canada at senior's level. :sarcasm:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
IIRC, Canada has only beaten Russia ONCE since 2006.

2006 OG: Russia - Canada 2:0 Italy

2008 WC: Russia - Canada 5:4 Canada

2009 WC: Russia - Canada 2:1 Switzerland

2010 OG: Russia - Canada 3:7 Canada

2010 WC: Russia - Canada 5:2 Germany

2011 WC: Russia - Canada 2:1 Slovakia

That being said, Russia has 5 wins against 1 loss. On the best vs best level we are tied 1-1 with Canada winning on its own ground. Russia won all 4 games at WC with 1 being held on Canadian soil.

The conclusion is Russia is better than Canada at senior's level. :sarcasm:

It has taken slightly more than 14 months, but it is nice to see Russian pride has returned. Reminds me of the International Tournaments board around 2008-09.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Funny little Russians. They are so cute.

Yep. As I started in the GDT. The Russians have ONE best-vs-best tournament win in their entire history. And it came 30 years ago, in 1981. Let them have their second rate WC victories for now, maybe they'll be able to look back at these in a few years to help them ease the pain from the ass reaming they'll be receiving in Sochi. :sarcasm:

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
i dno bout best year for russian hockey since the soviet time but they definitely got the best of the canada/russia rivalry this year. canadas third period is killing us

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Wow! Quite a few defensive Canadians in this thread.:laugh:

Russia got the best of Canada at all levels this year...big deal. At the very least, I'm glad the rivalry is renewing. It's good for the sport.:handclap:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Wow! Quite a few defensive Canadians in this thread.:laugh:

Russia got the best of Canada at all levels this year...big deal. At the very least, I'm glad the rivalry is renewing. It's good for the sport.:handclap:

Based on the thread title what did you expect? One could also create a thread that titled "Russia can only beat Canada in second-tier tournaments" and what would be the response from Russian fans?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Based on the thread title what did you expect? One could also create a thread that titled "Russia can only beat Canada in second-tier tournaments" and what would be the response from Russian fans?

well, that would not be true because since 1998 when NHL started participating, Russia vs Canada score is 1-1.

Lux Aurumque*

There's nothing I hate more than losing to the Russians, but the Russians have been better than us, and they've wanted the wins more than we have. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

24stanleycups*

I don't think the stupidity of the IIHF can be put into words, but I'll try my best. The World Hockey Championship is like rattle for a baby. The baby being the european audience who invest themselves so heavily in a tournament in which canada and america send primarily checking lines and rookies to compete with swiss, swedish and russian leagues of the top talent, that have been made available because of their season's end. Meanwhile in North America, NHL playoffs are still ongoing with our best players helping their teams towards the stanley cup.

These are the twelve men's tournament's in which every country has sent their best. (With the exception of 1972 which was just Canada and Russia). Canada has won 8 of the 12. Russia has won 1.

1972 Summit Series,
1976 Canada Cup
1981 Canada Cup
1984 Canada Cup
1987 Canada Cup
1991 Canada Cup
1994 World Cup of Hockey
2004 World Cup of Hockey
1998 Olympics
2002 Olympics
2006 Olympics
2010 Olympics

The Subway Summit Series is a tournament where the best Junior Players in Russia come to Canada to take on the CHL. The CHL consists of three leagues. The QMJHL, the WHL and the OHL. Our top talent is divded into three. So a thrid of our best take turns facing them and still we've beaten russia 7 of the 8 years that the tournament was held. Our record in the stretch is 38-8-2, and the OHL selects, by far our strongest league has never lost to them. Utter dominance.

The Under 20 Tournament has been a good tournament for both Canada and Russia, but unlike Russia, Canada is missing top talent on a yearly basis because of elite prospect's who join their NHL clubs. However Canada still lead's with 15 gold's. Russia's next with 13.

2009 we were missing Matt Duchene, Ryan O'reily, Michael Delzotto, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Tyler Myers, Evander Kane

2010 We were missing Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, Jordan Eberle, Evander Kane.

Not exactly checking lines.

The Under 18 Tournament takes place during the CHL playoffs so once again Canada's top talent is unavailable. Our record show's it as we've only won the tournament twice in 13 tries. However if you skip ahead to august, to the Ivan Hlinka tournament when canada's best are available, we have won 15 of 20 tournaments. Russia has won it just three times.

The U17 Tournament consists of every major hockey country as well, but with one difference. Canada breaks it's country into 5 different divisions. So only a portion of the country's top talent play's against the rest of the worlds best. 13 of the 19 years Canada has won it. Russia has won it twice.

Canada is, always has, and forever will be an insurmountable shadow cast infront of the rest in the hockey world. You will never accomplish even a fraction of the nessecary feat's to come close to holding yourself as highly as us, and these idiotic tournaments only fool you into thinking you will. Are we going to have challenges? Yes. But nobody will ever change the fact that we made this game, we own this game, and we are this game. Get over it, but more importantly, get used to it, because that is something that will never change. EVER. See you in 2014.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't think the stupidity of the IIHF can be put into words, but I'll try my best. The World Hockey Championship is like rattle for a baby. The baby being the european audience who invest themselves so heavily in a tournament in which canada and america send primarily checking lines and rookies to compete with swiss, swedish and russian leagues of the top talent, that have been made available because of their season's end. Meanwhile in North America, NHL playoffs are still ongoing with our best players helping their teams towards the stanley cup.

These are the twelve men's tournament's in which every country has sent their best. (With the exception of 1972 which was just Canada and Russia). Canada has won 8 of the 12. Russia has won 1.

1972 Summit Series,
1976 Canada Cup
1981 Canada Cup
1984 Canada Cup
1987 Canada Cup
1991 Canada Cup
1994 World Cup of Hockey
2004 World Cup of Hockey
1998 Olympics
2002 Olympics
2006 Olympics
2010 Olympics

The Subway Summit Series is a tournament where the best Junior Players in Russia come to Canada to take on the CHL. The CHL consists of three leagues. The QMJHL, the WHL and the OHL. Our top talent is divded into three. So a thrid of our best take turns facing them and still we've beaten russia 7 of the 8 years that the tournament was held. Our record in the stretch is 38-8-2, and the OHL selects, by far our strongest league has never lost to them. Utter dominance.

The Under 20 Tournament has been a good tournament for both Canada and Russia, but unlike Russia, Canada is missing top talent on a yearly basis because of elite prospect's who join their NHL clubs. However Canada still lead's with 15 gold's. Russia's next with 13.

2009 we were missing Matt Duchene, Ryan O'reily, Michael Delzotto, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Tyler Myers, Evander Kane

2010 We were missing Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, Jordan Eberle, Evander Kane.

The Under 18 Tournament takes place during the CHL playoffs so once again Canada's top talent is unavailable. Our record show's it as we've only won the tournament twice in 13 tries. However if you skip ahead to august, to the Ivan Hlinka tournament when canada's best are available, we have won 15 of 20 tournaments. Russia has won it just three times.

The U17 Tournament consists of every major hockey country as well, but with one difference. Canada breaks it's country into 5 different divisions. So only a portion of the country's top talent play's against the rest of the worlds best. 13 of the 19 years Canada has won it. Russia has won it twice.

Canada is, always has, and forever will be an insurmountable shadow cast infront of the rest in the hockey world. You will never accomplish even a fraction of the nessecary feat's to come close to holding yourself as highly as us, and these idiotic tournaments only fool you into thinking you will. Are we going to have challenges? Yes. But nobody will ever change the fact that we made this game, we own this game, and we are this game. Get over it, but more importantly, get used to it, because that is something that will never change. EVER. See you in 2014.

It will change. In three generations the majority of players will be American.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
24stanleycups, there is nothing original in that post. The same gets posted every fricking year and we still love the World Championship.

It's what it is.

Fulcrum

1972 Summit Series,
1976 Canada Cup
1981 Canada Cup
1984 Canada Cup
1987 Canada Cup
1991 Canada Cup
1994 World Cup of Hockey
2004 World Cup of Hockey
1998 Olympics
2002 Olympics
2006 Olympics
2010 Olympics

This is what happens when Canada looses. Some fans start defending their "DOMINANCE" until their blue in the face. I can only imagine how long it took write all that- completely missing the point of the original post. Which was a fact.

Way to strike a chord OP!

24stanleycups*

24stanleycups, there is nothing original in that post. The same gets posted every fricking year and we still love the World Championship.

It's what it is.

Yes, it's exaclty what it is. A gimmick organized by a bunch of europeans for europeans in favour of seeing a european team winning as is everything that's organized by the IIHF. That's all it is. It's not even worthy of the title championship, or hockey. It's the game we made turned into some ****ing pansy show with mandatory visor's, death penalties for fighting, and diving princesses, and it's played on a ****ing soccer field so the russians, the czech's, swede's and every other european team can avoid one of the most important aspect's of the game in physical play. It's a ********* tournament, and I wish to **** canada, and the US for that matter would just leave it to europe to play *****puck amongst themselves, and wait for the real championship every four years, so that they can take each other on in the gold medal game. ****, what a ****ing joke!

VladNYC*

Yes, it's exaclty what it is. A gimmick organized by a bunch of europeans for europeans in favour of seeing a european team winning as is everything that's organized by the IIHF. That's all it is. It's not even worthy of the title championship, or hockey. It's the game we made turned into some ****ing pansy show with mandatory visor's, death penalties for fighting, and diving princesses, and it's played on a ****ing soccer field so the russians, the czech's, swede's and every other european team can avoid one of the most important aspect's of the game in physical play. It's a ********* tournament, and I wish to **** canada, and the US for that matter would just leave it to europe to play *****puck amongst themselves, and wait for the real championship every four years, so that they can take each other on in the gold medal game. ****, what a ****ing joke!

This HAS to be someone pretending to be a Canadian fan. No one is this stupid. :laugh:

24stanleycups*

This is what happens when Canada looses. Some fans start defending their "DOMINANCE" until their blue in the face. I can only imagine how long it took write all that- completely missing the point of the original post. Which was a fact.

Way to strike a chord OP!

Fortunately I've been through grade 1 so i've learned the art of full sentences. The point of the original post was to boast about the irrelevent achievement's that Russia has accomplised. Mine were to retort with Canada's success in the true measuring sticks and provide some clarity for those too dimwitted, blind and ignorant to understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
This HAS to be someone pretending to be a Canadian fan. No one is this stupid. :laugh:

He IS a Habs fan afterall... :sarcasm:

I must agree with one thing though. It does seem a little silly for the tournament to be called the "World Championships" when it does nothing to determine which country actually has the best hockey team. I'm in favor of renaming it the "European B-Cup Championships". :sarcasm:

Last edited:

24stanleycups*

That's funny, I guess the website doesn't provide emoticon's for: We got our ****ing ***** kicked in Vancouver and we're gunna embaress ourselves infront of our home crowd in Sochi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad