ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
WJHC: Russia - Canada 5:3

WJHC U18: Russia - Canada 6:4

WHC: Russia - Canada 2:1

Considering that Russia also won the Subway SuperSeries, it's safe to say that this has been the best year for Russian hockey against Canadians since Soviet times.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
It's a nice stat, but it doesn't make up for Vancouver. Best-on-best is what really matters in my books.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
For sure a good year for the Ruskies.

These things happen in cycles though, im sure not too far away will be seeing a sweep from Canada against Russia as well.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Ha, Russia totally blows on WHC 2011. They were incredibly lucky to win against Canada today.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
Congratulations? The WJHC was an amazing game. I love Kitsyn, really hope he ends up in the NHL. And that breakaway goal today was awesome.

Pretty sure it should have been 3-1, too :laugh:

Anyways, at least I got to watch some good hockey. Good luck the rest of the way, and look forward to next year and, more importantly, the Olympics a couple years after that.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Ha, Russia totally blows on WHC 2011. They were incredibly lucky to win against Canada today.

I'll be honest with you. For many Russians, beating Canada is as much as winning the gold medals. At least for me, that's the case. I won't be very disappointed if we don't win the gold as we defeated Canada on the way.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
I'll be honest with you. For many Russians, beating Canada is as much as winning the gold medals. At least for me, that's the case. I won't be very disappointed if we don't win the gold as we defeated Canada on the way.

Nice to see that you respect us that much.

gasp

Aug 20, 2007
The Canadians were lucky there wasn't a more definitive camera angle, or it would've been 3-1 Russia.

Russians were lucky that canadians didnt have Getzlaf, Perry, Toews, E.Staal, Letang, Iginla, B, Richards, M.Richards etc ?

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

I can understand the world juniors but why the world championships? Russia had a far superior team on paper.

The Big Swede*

Congrats on beating Canada while most of our best players are still in the playoffs or hurt.

Canada beat Russia in the Olympics were it really matters.Canada has also dominated the World Juniors for 5+ years,one fluky year doesn't mean much.

Mod: del

Last edited by a moderator:

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
The Canadians were lucky there wasn't a more definitive camera angle, or it would've been 3-1 Russia.

Russia had like 17 or 18 shots. I think they were really lucky to get away with such a poor effort. That said, I expected Canada to play much better. Phaneuf's defensive ability is laughable.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russia had like 17 or 18 shots. I think they were really lucky to get away with such a poor effort. That said, I expected Canada to play much better. Phaneuf's defensive ability is laughable.

The final shots count was 37-20 in favor of Canada. That being said, Russia only had 4 shots in third period and scored 2 goals.

However, that is always the case that Canada outshooting Russia badly. It's just the way the teams play. Canadians shoot whenever they get a chance and try to get a deflection or rebound while Russians try to shoot only when they think they have a decent chance at scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad