Russia Defeats Canada on All Levels in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why? Because so many Canadians think we're the greatest of the great in hockey and when we lose we come up with every lame brain excuse to why. (not saying you have done it)

Damn, we even had Ottawa fans blaming Leaf players on Team Canada and Toronto fans blaming Senator players. Man, we are one dysfunctional country at times.

Having 1 olympian on our team while the Russians have 11 IS an advantage, any way you slice it. I'm not saying that the fact that we can't get players to commit to the team is anyone else's problem but our own, because it's not. I too wish more players were committed to the national team and we won't be very competitive at this event until that day comes.

I'm a Leafs fan, and I agree that the bickering back and forth was ridiculous. I don't care if Spezza score the game winner. I don't care if Reimer stands on his head to win the game. All that mattered at the end of the day was wether we got the victory or not. There were no Leafs or Senators in this event, only Canadians.

VladNYC*

Seriously, try to keep it at least somewhat civil.

He made a new account so it can be banned. I hope the mods IP ban him so he doesn't get around the TOS by making this ****** new account. I would love to see who this is. i have a good idea tho. Just look at past thread when Russia beats Canada :laugh:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Why? Because so many Canadians think we're the greatest of the great in hockey and when we lose we come up with every lame brain excuse to why. (not saying you have done it)

Damn, we even had Ottawa fans blaming Leaf players on Team Canada and Toronto fans blaming Senator players. Man, we are one dysfunctional country at times.

lol, what are the excuses being made? I think the general consensus was that the Russian roster was better and they won the game. No one is blaming the referee or the ice, etc.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Within 3 generations the majority of NHL players will be American and the best players in the world will be American and we Canadians.....oh well. Do we still have lacrosse? :laugh:

Damn, no we don't 9 of the last 12 world championships were from......the USA:laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Lacrosse_Championship

Well at least we have hockey to fall back on. Three of the last four best-on-best tournaments. :laugh:

pouskin74*

lol, what are the excuses being made? I think the general consensus was that the Russian roster was better and they won the game. No one is blaming the referee or the ice, etc.

thanks to referee they lost 1-2 instead of 1-3, so they just cant blame referees:)

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Well at least we have hockey to fall back on. Three of the last four best-on-best tournaments. :laugh:

I'll give all the credit in the world to teams that win the Olympics but the World Cup I don't really care about. In 2004 the Finns have to fly to NA after playing the first round in Europe to first play the Americans in Minny and then it's on to Toronto where some idiot sets off the fire alarm in the middle of the night at their hotel before the final game. That tournament was rediculously stacked against the Euros. It's a fun tournament but nothing more than an exhibition in my eyes.

pouskin74*

I'll give all the credit in the world to teams that win the Olympics but the World Cup I don't really care about. In 2004 the Finns have to fly to NA after playing the first round in Europe to first play the Americans in Minny and then it's on to Toronto where some idiot sets off the fire alarm in the middle of the night at their hotel before the final game. That tournament was rediculously stacked against the Euros. It's a fun tournament but nothing more than an exhibition in my eyes.

i just should say it again- agree!

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON

Still a more accurate representation of international talent than the WCs.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
im more mad at the loss in world juniors then this loss...i never pay much attention to wc... because its usually canada's second tier players going and just not that exciting hockey compared to olympics and world juniors.

but russia seems to be turning things around from choking in olympics last year..with a huge 3rd period win in world juniors and this world cup

gratz to them,

24stanleycups*

Seriously, try to keep it at least somewhat civil.

The water on the base of european rinks is actually fifteen feet deep because in the summer they let it melt and use it as a swimming pool. In the fall they refreeze it, but I guess the Russian team can never seem to grasp that as they still make numerous attempts at diving into it.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The water on the base of european rinks is actually fifteen feet deep because in the summer they let it melt and use it as a swimming pool. In the fall they refreeze it, but I guess the Russian team can never seem to grasp that as they still make numerous attempts at diving into it.

I can tell this loss is killing you.:laugh::laugh:

SP

Oct 24, 2006
Sure Russia beat Canada at the WHC, but last week I beat my buddy Sergei at Foosball so that evens it out.

SP

Oct 24, 2006
Surely you're not implying that your Foosball game is on the same level of importance as the WHC. :sarcasm:

Yeah, under normal circumstances the WHC would be more important, but the loser of the Foosball game had to buy the first round.

Last edited:

VladNYC*

btw, in august/september will be taken place IIHF World Club Junior Cup in Omsk, Russia. First in history. Tourney of national junior champions ... why does Canada sent second tier team? not CHL champion...cry, cry and cry

They want to have an excuse when our juniors beat them in Omsk.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Damn, Canada really disappointed me. I thought they will play way better. And that Kaigorodov goal...what a mistake by defenders.

I didnt have a time to buy Canadian flag somewhere (but I went nearby Canadian embassy, so there was a little chance to get it :D ) so I just took a maple leaf. I have even sworn that I would buy NT jersey of a player who nets the winning goal. At least we will play with Sweden today :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->