Russia Defeats Canada on All Levels in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
That's funny, I guess the website doesn't provide emoticon's for: We got our ****ing ***** kicked in Vancouver and we're gunna embaress ourselves infront of our home crowd in Sochi too.

I agree that Russians are totally oblivious that they're a totally average hockey nation when in best-on-best tournaments and that our all-time level of success across all levels of international hockey is unmatched (at the moment), but you're going a little too far now. I think alcohol might have something to do with it. :naughty:

Last edited:

VladNYC*

That's funny, I guess the website doesn't provide emoticon's for: We got our ****ing ***** kicked in Vancouver and we're gunna embaress ourselves infront of our home crowd in Sochi too.

Come on 6 post...This is a team Russia fan.

observerspb*

If you do not want to carry the strongest part, this is your problem.

24stanleycups*

He IS a Habs fan afterall... :sarcasm:

I must agree with one thing though. It does seem a little silly for the tournament to be called the "World Championships" when it does nothing to determine which country actually has the best hockey team. I'm in favor of renaming it the "European B-Cup Championships". :sarcasm:

Exactly.

observerspb*

If the best Canadian team beat the WC, it will be a severe blow to the prestige. Therefore, they are afraid to go into a fight.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Fortunately I've been through grade 1 so i've learned the art of full sentences. The point of the original post was to boast about the irrelevent achievement's that Russia has accomplised. Mine were to retort with Canada's success in the true measuring sticks and provide some clarity for those too dimwitted, blind and ignorant to understand it.

I'm Canadian, and I'm slowly hating everything about Canada and hockey.

We boast we're so good, yet it took our best overtime to win Olympic gold. Against a country that really doesn't care much about hockey.

We brag about our C, D, E, F teams being able to compete. yet when we lose we say, we're missing players. What does that say about our C, D, E, F teams?

Imagine a true best on best in basketball or baseball, the USA would annihilate everyone.

Our players are the least patriotic of all. How many millionaire players turned Canada down? Many, and Hockey Canada treats them like gold. And their fans in Canada do too.

Any player saying no to representing Canada at the World Championships should not be invited to the Olympics. They can't give 2 weeks out of their lives for their country?
They live a lifestyle none of us ever will. They forget the sacrifices volunteer coaches and others made so they can play.

I'll never forget a player who said a few years ago after the World Juniors...."I want to play for my country at the next world juniors and I'll talk to my agent to get it written into my contract"

Then I'll never forget last year another player when asked what if he was sent back to junior and played for his country, he said....I'd be disappointed, it was always my dream to play in the NHL.

The first player was an American, the 2nd Canadian and I can guarantee you that if the second player was American, he would have added, but it would be a privilege to play for my country.

And, by the way, see how many registered hockey players there is in Europe COMBINED and compare it to Canada.

24stanleycups*

I agree that Russians are totally oblivious that they're a totally average hockey nation when in best-on-best tournaments and that our all-time level of success across all levels of international hockey is unmatched (at the moment), but you're going a little too far now. I think alcohol might have something to do with it. :naughty:

Couldn't have put it better. Accept the alchohal part. i haven't been drinking.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

We boast we're so good, yet it took our best overtime to win Olympic gold. Against a country that really doesn't care much about hockey.

We brag about our C, D, E, F teams being able to compete. yet when we lose we say, we're missing players. What does that say about our C, D, E, F teams?

Imagine a true best on best in basketball or baseball, the USA would annihilate everyone.

Our players are the least patriotic of all. How many millionaire players turned Canada down? Many, and Hockey Canada treats them like gold. And their fans in Canada do too.

Any player saying no to representing Canada at the World Championships should not be invited to the Olympics. They can't give 2 weeks out of their lives for their country?
They live a lifestyle none of us ever will. They forget the sacrifices volunteer coaches and others made so they can play.

I'll never forget a player who said a few years ago after the World Juniors...."I want to play for my country at the next world juniors and I'll talk to my agent to get it written into my contract"

Then I'll never forget last year another player when asked what if he was sent back to junior and played for his country, he said....I'd be disappointed, it was always my dream to play in the NHL.

The first player was an American, the 2nd Canadian and I can guarantee you that if the second player was American, he would have added, but it would be a privilege to play for my country.

And, by the way, see how many registered hockey players there is in Europe COMBINED and compare it to Canada.

are you drunk? Where are these people of which you speak?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
The butthurt is strong in this thread. Why do i have a feeling that a few of you destroyed your living room a few hours ago?

Didn't even watch the game but I would be lying if I said that I was not slightly disappointed by the QF loss. Nonetheless, it is nice the International Tournament board has returned back to its 2008-2009 level. For some reason, the Team Russia fans had become quiet the past year. ;)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
are you drunk?

Probably less drunk than someone who would post this:

Yes, it's exaclty what it is. A gimmick organized by a bunch of europeans for europeans in favour of seeing a european team winning as is everything that's organized by the IIHF. That's all it is. It's not even worthy of the title championship, or hockey. It's the game we made turned into some ****ing pansy show with mandatory visor's, death penalties for fighting, and diving princesses, and it's played on a ****ing soccer field so the russians, the czech's, swede's and every other european team can avoid one of the most important aspect's of the game in physical play. It's a ********* tournament, and I wish to **** canada, and the US for that matter would just leave it to europe to play *****puck amongst themselves, and wait for the real championship every four years, so that they can take each other on in the gold medal game. ****, what a ****ing joke!

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008

What does fan interest have to do with anything. The US only has to care slightly about hockey with a population 10 times that of Canada. Bottom line is Canada won. WHo ever boasted that Canada would win every game easily?

It says absolutely nothing. Just because the C team loses a game in the quarter finals, does not mean the C team could not "compete". And missing players do make a difference, that's why it's brought up.

Not true. You don't follow basketball much, do you?

I've got to admit this rubs me the wrong way too. But the Americans do the same thing and decline invites. US iced an AHL team this tourney. Let's face it, North American's don't care much about the WHC.

This stat always gets thrown around, and it's meaningless. I'm 40 pounds over weight, can barely skate, and I'm a "registered hockey player" because I play in an organized men's beer league.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
This stat always gets thrown around, and it's meaningless. I'm 40 pounds over weight, can barely skate, and I'm a "registered hockey player" because I play in an organized men's beer league.

Wouldn't over weight beer league players in other countries be registered too?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
You missed the point entirely. This is a HOCKEY forum. Why are you bringing up basketball? Quite possibly the worst sport on earth.

Why? Because so many Canadians think we're the greatest of the great in hockey and when we lose we come up with every lame brain excuse to why. (not saying you have done it)

Damn, we even had Ottawa fans blaming Leaf players on Team Canada and Toronto fans blaming Senator players. Man, we are one dysfunctional country at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad