Russia Defeats Canada on All Levels in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
This. I dont understand how can they even consider not going there. Sport is not a sports, if its not in olympis. And that league.. it would make NHL just look ignorant and stupid league. I really hope someone was just joking about talking not going to olympics, but if not i hope they will go... Players should just go to the olympics, **** the buttman and others who dont know anything about sports.

WCOH
WC
Olympics
WC
rinse repeat

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
This. I dont understand how can they even consider not going there. Sport is not a sports, if its not in olympis. And that league.. it would make NHL just look ignorant and stupid league. I really hope someone was just joking about talking not going to olympics, but if not i hope they will go... Players should just go to the olympics, **** the buttman and others who dont know anything about sports.

As a whole, the NHL doesn't care about hockey....only its hockey.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

There are a lot of owners who are against it. They don't care about what the fans want. Only profit.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
I can understand the world juniors but why the world championships? Russia had a far superior team on paper.
IMO, on paper Canada had the deepest and the most talented team in the entire tournament. I understand someone might like WJC more but the competition there is nowhere near as stiff. When these Canadians were on junior teams they were heroes when they are on the WCH team they are scrubs? Russia was filled with players you never heard of.

OceanAveOiler

Jul 16, 2008
Santa Monica
congratulations to Russia for winning another irrelevant game in another irrelevant tournament.
bring on the best on best and watch them disappear.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
I know I've never heard of Kovalchuk.
That's how some people usually judge Russian teams. They see couple star names and assume that it is a talented team and expect big things forgetting about depth that Russia usually lacks.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
It's kinda like when the US beat Spain at the Confederations Cup. (soccer)
I don't really think Spain cared as much as the US did...

Man Hole Inspector*

That's how some people usually judge Russian teams. They see couple star names and assume that it is a talented team and expect big things forgetting about depth that Russia usually lacks.

Kulemin is playing 4th line minutes. I don't see this lack of depth lmao..

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not too concerned about about the WC, Subway Super Series or WJC U18, all "tier 2" tourneys, but Russia's win over Canada in the real WJCs was definitely a big victory for Russia and a big loss for Canada, especially since Canada dominated hard for the first 1/2 - 2/3 of that game, then folded at the end in spectacular fashion.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Glad to see this rivalry coming back a bit.

Agreed. Unlike most on here who appear to be blatant homers, I value elite competitive rivalries.

Congrats to Russia. Full marks for their victory. Yes, Canada outshot them by a rather wide margin, but Russia had just as many scoring chances. The difference was Russia had a little more high-end talent.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
The reason canadians cares so much about hockey is because it's the only thing their country is good at.

Nice first post on the forums. :laugh:

Anyway, I'll admit I'm pretty sick of these pathetic efforts by the Canadian team at the WCs, even if it is a pointless tournament. At the end of the day, the Russians iced 11x more olympians than we did today, so the outcome isn't really surprising. Unless Canada ices a decent roster for a change next year, I will not be watching.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Kulemin is playing 4th line minutes. I don't see this lack of depth lmao..
Offensive dynamo Artyukhin gets more icetime on Bykov's team. But anyway, in this tournament Russia is not as far behind Canada in terms of depth at it is at the WJC or Olympics.

That's why it is sweet to see victories like at the WJC when a team with 5 drafted players in total winning against a team that almost exclusively consisted of 1st rounders. That is serious talent disparity.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Congrats on Russia for winning but Russians are showing their true colors once again....playing for their country is more important then the playoffs

Of course it's more important for them to play for their country then the playoffs, that's the way they were brought up, and I'm sure that in Russia the WHC is much more important then the SC playoffs. The emotional attachment is much more present playing for your country then playing for a city.

I wish a lot more Canadian players would have the desire and attachment that Russians have for their country. Where was E.Stall, B.Richards????

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
The reason canadians cares so much about hockey is because it's the only thing their country is good at.

WOW i can't believe you said that about Canada.
You don't know anything about Canada at all.
I can't tell just where your from so I can't correct you compared to your country.

pouskin74*

Ha, Russia totally blows on WHC 2011. They were incredibly lucky to win against Canada today.

get over it dude, you guys were manhandled by Artyuhkin and now your bitterness is getting overheated obviously:laugh: BTW there is more to come , czr will be manhandled by rus( in real game you know) if you get to finals:sarcasm:

pouskin74*

IMO, on paper Canada had the deepest and the most talented team in the entire tournament. I understand someone might like WJC more but the competition there is nowhere near as stiff. When these Canadians were on junior teams they were heroes when they are on the WCH team they are scrubs? Russia was filled with players you never heard of.

its problem for the people who havnt heard about them i would say, now they know. :)

pouskin74*

It´s kind of a shame that Russia made it all the way into the semifinals of the tournament despite the "efforts" they have put into their games so far.....

ohh my oh my..:shakehead what for is the Stanley Cup if there is a regular season winner ...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->