Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
I would do Bear + Chiasson + JP for Hamilton.
Let's be real.. other teams are going to be offering more than 2 B grade prospects and a recent PTO for Hamilton.... And they want to win now not rebuild.

Nuge for Hamilton straight up is very close to fair value IMO.. then add the chia tax

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
'Crippling' the forward depth? We traded Drake Caggiula.

I'm not a fan of adding cap for a defenseman who likely isn't in our top six, but be real. This trade had little to no impact on the active roster beyond the cap spending.

This trade still leads me to believe that Sekera is done here.
We aren't deep up front as it is and Drake was a scrappy guy that could pot a few goals.

Manning brings nothing to this team but dead cap space and was healthy scratched both in his old and new homes.

There wasn't a single damn reason to make that trade. Unless the goal was to make Chiarelli look foolish again.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
LeBrun again saying Hamilton is available, not that we didn’t know that already. Crying shame they want a top 6 forward for him, something we don’t have. They’re trying to make the playoffs so picks/prospects won’t do it.
The possibility of making it a 3 way trade does exist.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
If Carolina really wants to make the playoffs, I’d be willing to make a dramatic deal that lands us a winger and defenceman:

to Edm: Hamilton, Svechnikov
to Car: Draisaitl, Benning, Yamamoto

The value would depend on how highly Carolina views Svech but I feel like this deal fills two holes and lets RNH become the true second line centreman.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Let's be real.. other teams are going to be offering more than 2 B grade prospects and a recent PTO for Hamilton.... And they want to win now not rebuild.

Nuge for Hamilton straight up is very close to fair value IMO.. then add the chia tax

I think that's pretty fair value considering the optics of trading Hamilton so soon after acquiring him, as well as this being a down year for him.

Calling Chiasson a recent PTO as opposed to basing his value on his performance this year, which is what most rentals are valued on, is just trying to put a negative spin on his value for no good reason.

I understand the negativity on these boards, but nuge for Hamilton would be Hall for Larsson levels of bad.

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
I think that's pretty fair value considering the optics of trading Hamilton so soon after acquiring him, as well as this being a down year for him.

Calling Chiasson a recent PTO as opposed to basing his value on his performance this year, which is what most rentals are valued on, is just trying to put a negative spin on his value for no good reason.

I understand the negativity on these boards, but nuge for Hamilton would be Hall for Larsson levels of bad.
Disagree considering
Hall >> Nuge
Hamilton >> Larson

Reactions: Patch101

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We aren't deep up front as it is and Drake was a scrappy guy that could pot a few goals.

Manning brings nothing to this team but dead cap space and was healthy scratched both in his old and new homes.

There wasn't a single damn reason to make that trade. Unless the goal was to make Chiarelli look foolish again.
Drake was a scrappy guy who potted goals when given opportunities up in the top six. He was a direct result to a number of GA when placed in those roles though. And when he was in the bottom six, he was a total black hole. What value does that bring to your team?

This was a nothing deal in terms of on ice impact.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I just want to say that I'm pleasantly surprised that HFOil has managed to keep the vote evenly split. Shows way more coordination than any of the threads on here would suggest we're capable of :D.

Reactions: Cloned

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Disagree considering
Hall >> Nuge
Hamilton >> Larson

We'd be trading a known character/locker room guy, for a guy with supposed issues, which is the opposite of the hall for Larson swap.

Obviously it's not exactly the same, but

Hall + supposed character issues for Larsson

Vs

Nuge for Hamilton + supposed character issues

Sways it a bit as well.

You also have to factor in our forward depth when trading hall, vs our forward depth know and trading nuge.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I just want to say that I'm pleasantly surprised that HFOil has managed to keep the vote evenly sleep. Shows way more coordination than any of the threads on here would suggest we're capable of :D.

This is called voter fraud and I won’t stand for it. :sarcasm:

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Drake was a scrappy guy who potted goals when given opportunities up in the top six. He was a direct result to a number of GA when placed in those roles though. And when he was in the bottom six, he was a total black hole. What value does that bring to your team?

I disagree. Drake was is his 3rd pro year (not a lot different that JP). He deserved more time and patience. Maybe he doesn't grow anymore, but if he does i will be yet another young player not given time to develop here.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Gonna need some more hotdogs to pay for the court challenge though.

upload_2019-1-22_16-6-52.jpeg

Just pretend those are Canadian flags.

Reactions: DaGap and Aerrol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

More than a dman who is paid more and gives up more scoring chances. Manning is negative value. A healthy scratch on the worst team in the league and had Hawks fans floating about how they managed to offload such a previously unmovable deal. It’s jusy another in a long line of crappy Chiarelli deals that have made the team worse.

Impact isn’t big but it’s still there. Maybe we can take Brent Seabrook off their hands for RNH or Chiasson.

Reactions: Aerrol

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
More than a dman who is paid more and gives up more scoring chances. Manning is negative value. A healthy scratch on the worst team in the league and had Hawks fans floating about how they managed to offload such a previously unmovable deal. It’s jusy another in a long line of crappy Chiarelli deals that have made the team worse.

Impact isn’t big but it’s still there. Maybe we can take Brent Seabrook off their hands for RNH or Chiasson.

chiasson is getting 4 years from peter

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I disagree. Drake was is his 3rd pro year (not a lot different that JP). He deserved more time and patience. Maybe he doesn't grow anymore, but if he does i will be yet another young player not given time to develop here.
Caggiula was undrafted. There's not much else to his game, because these college UFA signings almost always end up like this. The upside is negligible.

And even if there was a bit of upside with him, where do you put them? You're doing your roster a disservice when you're bogging it down with players hoping that one day they'll 'figure it out'.

Caggiula was what he is. We got a player we were able to plug into the lineup on an ELC and squeezed out a 100 or so games of whatever he was. Thank you poor drafting.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Disagree considering
Hall >> Nuge
Hamilton >> Larson
oh you mean a troll thinks Oiler players are less value colour me shocked. RNH is having a better year right now than Hall put up his last year here and Hamilton has basically fallen flat on his face in Carolina compared to his past production but sure disregard current Oiler performance when it doesn't serve your trolling.

Reactions: North

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The interesting thing with a Talbot trade is we'd need to get a backup back.

The team basically shut down Montoya, so he's out of the picture. He hasn't played since November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad