Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Threadmark Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Bonino and Kase please :nod:

Fantasy: Neal goes on LTIR. We fit Hall in while moving nothing off the roster but secondary prospects and a sliding conditional pick to the Yotes. Neal’s new cyborg foot is fitted and he’s ready for game 1 of the Playoffs, the Battle of Alberta.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Fantasy: Neal goes on LTIR. We fit Hall in while moving nothing off the roster but secondary prospects and a sliding conditional pick to the Yotes. Neal’s new cyborg foot is fitted and he’s ready for game 1 of the Playoffs, the Battle of Alberta.
How much are we missing to fit him?
Hall comes in at $2M @ TD and we have $3M in space, but is something hidden in Smith's bonuses and/or injuries?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't really see Arizona trading Hall unless they really fall out of the race like a 7 game losing streak or something.

Chayka's job could pretty easily be on the line this year.

Reactions: destro909

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
I don't really see Arizona trading Hall unless they really fall out of the race like a 7 game losing streak or something.

They might not be too far off. Lost 5 in a row, 2-5-3 in their last 10. They're 5th in the division and everyone has 1-3 games in hand on em.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If Buff can come back this year would anyone throw a 1 year deal at him to get him for the playoffs?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Please stop with the Hall talk. I DO think he could move again, I think I predicted that when they got spanked by the Oilers 2 weeks ago, but where does he fit here with the success of the second line?

He doesn't fit in with McDavid, so unless you want to put him in the bottom six, then what's the attraction?

We have 2 real needs, but I just don't think he fits either one.

Reactions: Ck1 and Aerchon

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Please stop with the Hall talk. I DO think he could move again, I think I predicted that when they got spanked by the Oilers 2 weeks ago, but where does he fit here with the success of the second line?

He doesn't fit in with McDavid, so unless you want to put him in the bottom six, then what's the attraction?

How does he not fit with Mcdavid?

This narrative keeps going on around here but looking at the numbers linked in these tweets

and further in the thread he specifies:

as well as:

We can clearly see that Hall and Mcdavid barely touched the ice together, and trying to say they simply don't work together based on a 70 minute sample size over their time on the oilers together seems unfair.
I'm not sure how I'd feel about re acquiring Hall, but I have absolutely no doubt that if we did, he and Mcdavid would work fantastic together.

Sorry I can't find the actual sources for the numbers, I have no idea where you get a hold of these specific advanced stats, but these are two guys pretty well versed in it, so I take their tweets at face value.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Every single NHL team would love to have him, so I doubt he’d come here. I also strongly doubt he plays this year and it wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if that’s part of his Mutual termination agreement.
Maybe in Chicago, but who knows. I hope the guy finds whatever he's looking for, honestly this whole situation doesn't seem like it's been a happy one for him.

Last edited:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

1. Hall will only be moved if he insists if they fall out of it. Tochett will go first, they have no strong offensive players and Hall is the only player there that can be a line driver. They play a boring defensive system that requires a goaltender. Kuemper is and will be what there season hinges on, if he’s injured for much longer or doesn’t come back strong there is no way they make playoffs.

2. As you pointed out, we don’t need Hall, he doesn’t play with Mcdavid well, that’s been proven, and we aren’t going to break up that second line anytime soon. We also can not afford the assets, hence why we didn’t make the trade the first time, or the money to re-sign him in the offseason.

Arizona is on a massive fan hunt right now, for those interested go listen to the Podcast there CEO Arhon Cohen did with Elliotte Friedman, they are trying to show there fans that they will do anything to ice a competitive team constantly and spend to do it. He admits that they are losing money but are not going to stop till they make it work there. You know what the opposite would be of all the work they’ve done trying to have an actual fanbase down there would be? Throwing in the towel now and trading Hall

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Daily Faceoff has Mark Pysyk listed as a 4th line winger on the Panthers depth chart. What is up with that? If Holland gets an offer for Larsson that is too good to pass up I think Pysyk could be an adequate stop gap, although I can’t say I’ve watched him that much down there.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If Buff can come back this year would anyone throw a 1 year deal at him to get him for the playoffs?

No to Hall. Not needed, too costly and couple mess with chemistry.

No to Buff. He is obviously not in game shape and most likely not in the right frame of mind.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Daily Faceoff has Mark Pysyk listed as a 4th line winger on the Panthers depth chart. What is up with that? If Holland gets an offer for Larsson that is too good to pass up I think Pysyk could be an adequate stop gap, although I can’t say I’ve watched him that much down there.
Pysyk's been a disaster as far as I know. He's like a slightly more useful Brandon Manning.

2019-2020 Regular Season Stats
[TR][TH]Mark Pysyk[TD]GP39[/TD][TD]G 4[/TD][TD]A 6[/TD][TD]PTS- 10[/TD][TD]+/- 0[/TD][TD]PIM 18[/TD][TD]TOI 473[/TD][TD]GF% 48.60[/TD][TD]DFF% 41.70[/TD][TD]Rel DFF%
-9.10[/TD]
[TD]CF% 43.40[/TD][TD]Rel CF% -7.40[/TD][TD]G60 0.51[/TD][TD]P60 1.14[/TD]
[TBODY] [/TH][/TR][/TBODY]
[TR][TH][TH]I'm no expert, but these are terrible numbers yes?[/TH][/TH][/TR]

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No to Hall. Not needed, too costly and couple mess with chemistry.

No to Buff. He is obviously not in game shape and most likely not in the right frame of mind.

So I am becoming more convinced that the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are going to come riding up any day now because this is the 2nd time I have agreed with you. ;)

Buff is absolutely not an option and the Hall ship has sailed.
Its time to move on.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I think bouchard would be the stopgap and pysyk would be riding pine.... .hard.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

I think they are rolling with 7 defenseman. When that happens daily faceoff places the dman on the 4th line.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Josh Anderson is having himself a year to forget, but he's still a 25 year old, big bastard of a winger that has scored 63 goals in his last 3 seasons.
That is like saying Lucic is having himself a year to forget. And if Anderson craps the bed again next season, he can be a waiver wire pickup where it would not cost us 10 bags of pucks now as opposed to 1 bag of pucks. If Anderson nets more than a 5th round pick, the idiot GM who makes that trade for Anderson should be fired.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Even if we can't get him for this season, I'd look at signing him of the price is right for next year as a stopgap that would enable us to deal off Russell and Larsson. I don't think he's in it for the money since he just walked away from $6M and he's not a sunbelt guy, so maybe the chance to go out on a high with a team with McDavid could appeal.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

Arizona's D is suspect with only a few decent forwards. They are treading water. If there is a time to net some gains on Hall, it will be in the next 2 weeks. Oiler fans will put enough pressure on Holland where we will overpay. Like how about those proposals with Yamamoto, a first, Samorukov and JP for Hall back then.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I am of two thoughts

1) Hall resigns with Arizona
2) If Arizona does not think he will resign with them and are more then 4 pts out of the playoffs 24 hours prior to the deadline? Hall goes on the market for a first and a prospect

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I am of two thoughts

1) Hall resigns with Arizona
2) If Arizona does not think he will resign with them and are more then 4 pts out of the playoffs 24 hours prior to the deadline? Hall goes on the market for a first and a prospect
There's no way he re-signs unless they REALLY overpay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad