Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Threadmark Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There's no way he re-signs unless they REALLY overpay him.

I don't think there is a number that would get him to sign with a team that would leave him out of the playoffs.

I do think he will sign for a shockingly low number in the end, but only for a team that he feels will contend.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't think there is a number that would get him to sign with a team that would leave him out of the playoffs.

I do think he will sign for a shockingly low number in the end, but only for a team that he feels will contend.
I'm getting that sense a bit more now, but I still won't be surprised or disappointed if he just gets paid in the offseason.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Buying low on Kase would be perfect. Give them Marody and a 2nd (divisional tax). We'd need to dump Manning on them.
Then ship out Pulju or Jones for Zacha. (Cap dump Chiasson)

Boom there's your top 6 winger and 3c...

Kase - Mcdavid - Kassian
Nuge - Drai - Yamo
Benson - Zacha - Neal
Archibald - Sheahan - Gagner
Nygard/Haas

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
How would you guys feel about a deal around Bouchard/Dumba?

I know this year has been a down year for him but I think he's a very good top 4 defenseman signed at a reasonable 6x4.

I'd much rather move Broberg, but I don't think Holland will.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
No I'm saying just because he has 1 more year on his contract isn't going to increase the return to a Broberg plus a first plus whatever else went through your head while making that post.

My point, and I'll say it was overstated, I don't see a Getzlaf deal or any monster deal for that matter. I've been consistent on this thread.

We've seen the market for Hall as a UFA. The next market seems to be Kreider and Pageau as UFA. So let's say a potential first round pick and prospect for their range. They are straight rentals.

Pageau 32 points (20 goals), 52.55% face-off, 17% shooting percentage
Getlaf 35 points (11 goals), 51% face-off, 9.6% shooting percentage
Kreider 35 points (18 goals)

Getzlaf's salary and cap hit are prohibitive and includes next year on the books. His production is within range of Pageau and Kreider. So let's say a first round pick and a prospect are equitable. The Ducks would then have to take on likely maximum salary retention AND take on a contract like Russell which is $4 million this year and next. This is a massive premium that I think the Ducks would be crazy to not demand a massive premium - that's where I see asking for the sky in terms of an elite prospect back.

Now if it came that the Flamers had interest, I could see them having more flexibility cap wise, maybe some NHL assets like Jankowski and other(s) secondary players. Their GM has never been afraid to throw draft picks for proven players. Getzlaf's size, experience could potentially help including maybe moving Lindholm to wing.

There's just no way Holland would be in on this. And there's really no evidence I can find that this is even remotely a credible rumour. I likely overstated things but the Oilers would not be in a very good position at all to bid if Getzlaf went to market. Would require a overpay which we saw when Holland passed on UFA Hall. The Oil prospect pool after blue chip Bouchard and Broberg is pretty average.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Holland will need to get fired into the sun if he gives a 1st for Getzlaf soon to be Lucic with no backbone. 8mill salary on top. If getzlaf is a UFA today, only an idiot gm would pay more than 2mill. Getzlaf is pretty much Khaira with a bit more hands at this point in his career.

Just posted on this. And my entire initial premise was I don't see this being a realistic trade option. Nor have I seen credible information 'out there' that Getzlaf is on the market.
His production though, low by his standards, is comparable to Pageau and Kreider. I don't think he's as bad as you portray but a lot of miles on that elite 6'4" power centre frame. But the Oilers are not positioned to trade for him. Holland has smartly held to his elite prospects.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
My point, and I'll say it was overstated, I don't see a Getzlaf deal or any monster deal for that matter. I've been consistent on this thread.

We've seen the market for Hall as a UFA. The next market seems to be Kreider and Pageau as UFA. So let's say a potential first round pick and prospect for their range. They are straight rentals.

Getzlaf's salary and cap hit are prohibitive and includes next year on the books. His production is within range of Pageau and Kreider. So let's say a first round pick and a prospect are equitable. The Ducks would then have to take on likely maximum salary retention AND take on a contract like Russell which is $4 million this year and next. This is a massive premium that I think the Ducks would be crazy to not demand a massive premium - that's where I see asking for the sky in terms of an elite prospect back.

Now if it came that the Flamers had interest, I could see them having more flexibility cap wise, maybe some NHL assets like Jankowski and other(s) secondary players. Their GM has never been afraid to throw draft picks for proven players. Getzlaf's size, experience could potentially help including maybe moving Lindholm to wing.

There's just no way Holland would be in on this. And there's really no evidence I can find that this is even remotely a credible rumour. I likely overstated things but the Oilers would not be in a very good position at all to bid if Getzlaf went to market. Would require a overpay which we saw when Holland passed on UFA Hall. The Oil prospect pool after blue chip Bouchard and Broberg is pretty average.

I would keep an eye on Arizona. If they fall out of the race, they have a lot of forwards (even excluding Hall) they could trade. And Chayka has never been afraid of taking on a seemingly failed project (like Pulju) or moving away on a once promising player (like Domi).

Dvorak
Keller
Garland
Hinostrosza
Soderberg

These guys could move.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

You want to trade a player who is basically going to be a cost controlled Matt Dumba (that doesn't need to be protected from Seattle) for the 6M dollar struggling, 26 year old version?

I have zero interest in the Oilers bringing in a defenseman of any kind tbh. Unless Drew friggin' Doughty shakes out or something. They're expensive and the Oilers have very little reason to deviate on the plan and grow their defense from within.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would keep an eye on Arizona. If they fall out of the race, they have a lot of forwards (even excluding Hall) they could trade. And Chayka has never been afraid of taking on a seemingly failed project (like Pulju).

Dvorak
Keller
Garland
Hinostrosza
Garland is the one I might want to get, I really think he could be a great fit on the left side of McDavid and Kassian (not better then Hall) just a good fit.

Could you imagine getting the Yotes to retain 50%, getting Hall for $1.5M :biglaugh:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Arizona may have to put Hall back on the market, but I don't see why they'd move another young core piece. They still want to be competing in the short term.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Every single NHL team would love to have him, so I doubt he’d come here. I also strongly doubt he plays this year and it wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if that’s part of his Mutual termination agreement.

I can't imagine what sort of shape he's in after 8 months off when he gains like 40 lbs in his normal 2 month off-season

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I would keep an eye on Arizona. If they fall out of the race, they have a lot of forwards (even excluding Hall) they could trade. And Chayka has never been afraid of taking on a seemingly failed project (like Pulju) or moving away on a once promising player (like Domi).

Dvorak
Keller
Garland
Hinostrosza
Soderberg

These guys could move.

Interesting. I'm not yet willing to bury the dogs in the desert. If/when their #1 tender gets back I think it can right the ship. Don't see Keller moving though. Chayka does seem all over the map though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Garland is the one I might want to get, I really think he could be a great fit on the left side of McDavid and Kassian (not better then Hall) just a good fit.

Could you imagine getting the Yotes to retain 50%, getting Hall for $1.5M :biglaugh:
Garland is like a better shooting, less forecheck-effective version of Yamamoto. It'd be an interesting fit.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Arizona may have to put Hall back on the market, but I don't see why they'd move another young core piece. They still want to be competing in the short term.

I'm not sure what they'd consider a "core" piece though. Chayka isn't exactly predictable.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I know this year has been a down year for him but I think he's a very good top 4 defenseman signed at a reasonable 6x4.

I'd much rather move Broberg, but I don't think Holland will.

I would be tempted by this. He plugs immediately into the Oiler roster and PP. Better skater and hitter than Bouchard. Defensive zone coverage might be a wash. Question/issue is Dumba's health and durability after his injury last year. But I've also really like Dumba having seen him a ton in the Dub.

EDIT: don't know though how/if that would effect the expansion draft plan. I think Bouchard is exempt? And some salary juggling to fit Dumba on existing cap.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Interesting. I'm not yet willing to bury the dogs in the desert. If/when their #1 tender gets back I think it can right the ship. Don't see Keller moving though. Chayka does seem all over the map though.

They are having both GA and GF problems right now though. Kessel and Keller have essentially turned into Caspers.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They are having both GA and GF problems right now though. Kessel and Keller have essentially turned into Caspers.

Ya, I get Keller going through some drought as a younger player. But Kessel has really hit the wall. This team is teetering on the brink. Oil game will be big. But getting a dialled in Kuemper would be huge to re-instil confidence and belief. But they could definitely drop out of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->