Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Threadmark Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Seems like you guys agree to disagree on the value and price of Getzlaf.
A couple pages back a poster asked what i thought of Athanasiou...I didnt reply....
Used to watch a lot of Detroit a few years back ...but lately not so much...
Anyways the few times i have watched Anthanasiou.... He seems like an enigma to me....
Hard for me to get a read on...
Im sure there are guys on here ....maybe some old scouts even ....that could assess his swot...

I was that poster. So ur saying the "enigma" shouldn't garner a 1st rnd pick, a high end prospect and another lower pick?

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
I just can't stand the posters on here ready to bend over and take it up the @$$ (nothing wrong with that if ur into it) in regards to trades. Oh the oilers need leafs top echl players, let's offer 2020, 2021 1sts, broberg, bouchard, and we'll throw in pulujarvi. Ready to bend over with their trade proposals. G○d dam/ have some respect for ourselves.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
I just can't stand the posters on here ready to bend over and take it up the @$$ (nothing wrong with that if ur into it) in regards to trades. Oh the oilers need leafs top echl players, let's offer 2020, 2021 1sts, broberg, bouchard, and we'll throw in pulujarvi. Ready to bend over with their trade proposals. G○d dam/ have some respect for ourselves.

1000% agree...!

space321

May 11, 2011
I wouldnt do Nurse for him now either....
But i would do Larsson plus JP + for him.... I realize we plug one hole and create another but at least on D we have prospects coming.....Maybe Chevy almost desperate enough to do this....

I mean of course YOU would do Larsson (a cap dump) and JP (disgruntled prospect who requested a trade) for Ehlers (a legit top 6 winger).

I don't think Winnipeg even considers Nurse for Ehlers tbh.

Reactions: Snowman

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
Chris Tierney and Tyler Ennis for Jesse Puljujarvi and a second round pick.

Ennis-McDavid-Kassian
Nugent-Hopkins-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Tierney-Neal
Haas-Sheanen-Archibald

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones/Russell-Benning

Ennis on the first line? If that's the best we can do, we might as well save the assets and stick with Neal there.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Ennis on the first line? If that's the best we can do, we might as well save the assets and stick with Neal there.
By himself or with a regular centre ur kinda right about Ennis especially when he lets others carry the play....but i also think that McDavid can make use of the particular assets he brings....
Dont get me wrong he is not good enough either as a gunner or a puck getter ...and for obvious reasons he cant make room for McDavid.....but for the price ---he is sneaky and can pass much better than average and is not afraid at all to go inside(mind you he does get hurt doing this).
In Short He can fill for the next while ...till we find something better...more permanent.
Neal except for a couple of games ....well he may as well be making puppies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
It's looking like Neal will score at least 21 and Lucic won't be anywhere near 10 goals, let alone being at least 10 fewer than Neal, so it's looking like Calgary will be getting Edmonton's 3rd round selection at this upcoming draft.
You can still do next year’s or outbid with the 2nd at most it doesn’t matter

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
3rd and a prospect for Kase do it Holland.
Proposed Kase during evaluating the evaluator....the crowd didnt think much of then....but i think he has untapped upside...
But while he can skate and pass....his shot is not elite...and he certainly is not physical.....
But he would do for a couple of years till we find something ....and with this guy maybe he surprises....
a 3rd (2021??) and what prospect??

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Proposed Kase during evaluating the evaluator....the crowd didnt think much of then....but i think he has untapped upside...
But while he can skate and pass....his shot is not elite...and he certainly is not physical.....
But he would do for a couple of years till we find something too....and with this guy maybe he surprises....
a 3rd (2021??) and what prospect??
LeBrun says Bruins 3rd and their prospect Oskar Steen (21 year old, 14P in 46 games in the A). I feel that could easily be outbid, even with the in-division tax.

And agreed on Kase, his defensive IQ, passing and jam is off the charts. He gets a lot of shots on net but his shooting % isn’t great, perhaps with McDavid finding him in better spots he’ll pot in 30 a season for sure. Plus he’s RFA. So much good about him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The Oilers currently have zero puck-moving defensemen in their roster. Bear is good, but the Oilers would be unwise to shoehorn him into that role in the playoffs.
Nurse, Bear, Klefbom and Jones all move the puck well. Sure they aren’t protypical Star PP QBs but they all move the puck well.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You can still do next year’s or outbid with the 2nd at most it doesn’t matter

You're right, but it is something Holland has to be cognizant of. Treliving, for example, almost got burned by trading a conditional 3rd round pick to AZ in the Smith trade. The condition was it became a 2nd if the Flames made the playoffs. A week later, he dealt the 2nd round pick outright to the Isles in the Hamonic trade. Calgary didn't make the playoffs in '18 so confusion was avoided, but imagine if they had :laugh:.

I don't follow or watch the Ducks unless they're playing Edmonton, is Kase worth giving up a 2nd rounder for?

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
You're right, but it is something Holland has to be cognizant of. Treliving, for example, almost got burned by trading a conditional 3rd round pick to AZ in the Smith trade. The condition was it became a 2nd if the Flames made the playoffs. A week later, he dealt the 2nd round pick outright to the Isles in the Hamonic trade. Calgary didn't make the playoffs in '18 so confusion was avoided, but imagine if they had :laugh:.

I don't follow or watch the Ducks unless they're playing Edmonton, is Kase worth giving up a 2nd rounder for?
I think so. Contractually, he has the extra year (at 2.6) and is RFA still. He has the speed, passing, hands, IQ to play with McDavid. While his shooting % is low, it will regress to normal and with McDavid it’ll probably regress to 15%+ :naughty:.

Moreover, his shot impact on the Ducks is unprecedented, his relative Corsi and expected goals are always positive despite playing on a horrible team (and last year it was around +10% for both, which is elite). Ducks are low on him because he’s going through a bad shooting phase (and because their GM is dumb). This guy is a potential long term solution that can be bought for next to nothing. Go for it Holland.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Wow. Huge exaggeration.

I don't get why posters post about posters or a poster at all. Everyone should be entitled to write about the team as long as it is reasonably tasteful. Nobody should be entitled to write about another poster.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
By himself or with a regular centre ur kinda right about Ennis especially when he lets others carry the play....but i also think that McDavid can make use of the particular assets he brings....
Dont get me wrong he is not good enough either as a gunner or a puck getter ...and for obvious reasons he cant make room for McDavid.....but for the price ---he is sneaky and can pass much better than average and is not afraid at all to go inside(mind you he does get hurt doing this).
In Short He can fill for the next while ...till we find something better...more permanent.
Neal except for a couple of games ....well he may as well be making puppies.

I suppose if he came cheap enough it would be pretty low risk, but I wouldn't give up much for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad