Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
My uncle Daryl partied with Wayne and crew back in the 80's, says he heard Oilers are looking at Phaneuf, says we are going to trade Patty Maroon for him but it's conditional on him signing there first. Take it with a grain of salt.

So LA acquires him and then trades him here for Maroon? Did uncle Daryl party really hard back in the day? :sarcasm: ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yea honestly Karlsson is one of if not my favorite player not on the Oilers. I’d be ecstatic if we got him. Of course, we gotta be careful with his foot problems, so hopefully our org does it’s due diligence in checking up on that, but we’re kidding ourselves if we think he would just fall out of the sky into our lap if there was no risk on the deal.

Karlsson + McDavid would be a treat for the entire league to watch.

Yes he did get married this offseason, and had the injury to take care of as well. And he’s still leading the Sens in assists in a season that’s been even more disappointing for them than us.

You don't just get the player though. You get the person as well.

The non complaining OEL is probably a better team guy to have than a D who leaked contract concerns during a season and with the suggestion that he wouldn't be back which pretty much deep-sixed any motivation the Sens club had this season. OEL has been playing in an winnable environment and has been a consummate pro and bringing topflight effort. A good case could be made that OEL is better team player, and that Karson is better on the ice. But I want the better team player.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
My uncle Daryl partied with Wayne and crew back in the 80's, says he heard Oilers are looking at Phaneuf, says we are going to trade Patty Maroon for him but it's conditional on him signing there first. Take it with a grain of salt.

Uncle Daryl? As in Katz?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

The non complaining OEL is probably a better team guy to have than a D who leaked contract concerns during a season and with the suggestion that he wouldn't be back which pretty much deep-sixed any motivation the Sens club had this season. OEL has been playing in an winnable environment and has been a consummate pro and bringing topflight effort. A good case could be made that OEL is better team player, and that Karson is better on the ice. But I want the better team player.

Lets be honest here, we don't know anything about either of these guys as "team players."

If Drew Doughty were rumoured to be available would you be saying the same thing about him? That you'd rather have OEL?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Considering how screwed up our cap situation is, trading a top 10 pick, a potential impact player on an ELC, should be the last thing we're doing. I wouldn't mind trying to go for a player like McDonagh/OEL, but if we don't have the assets to pry them away, we shouldn't bend over backwards to do so.

OEL is the only one I see that may become an Oiler . If they talk to him and he will to resign a deal like Klefbom + RNH for Domi and OEL . Gives us the cap space to sign a real good 3c and resign OEL

Reactions: fuswald

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
OEL is the only one I see that may become an Oiler . If they talk to him and he will to resign a deal like Klefbom + RNH for Domi and OEL . Gives us the cap space to sign a real good 3c and resign OEL

I don't think this proposal is too far off. I would be ecstatic if it happened.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just shut down Larsson, Sekera, Klefbom and RNH for the season. Let some of the kids in the AHL get some NHL experience now.

You don't shut down Sekera. You let him play through it (after his face heals) while the games don't matter. He needs NHL speed games to get his mental confidence back in his knee after ACL reconstruction. Remember Ryan Smyth sucking for a year after his surgery?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Good luck. Montreal could have had Russell for free 2 summers ago, but passed. Now he is on a bad contract, and older.

Considering how the team is playing this year, Id say Russell is the only dman worth his contract! Nurse as well I guess but he's on his ELC.

Ive been thinking about it and I wonder about the availability of Aaron Ekblad. I know it'd cost us a bit, but I think Ekblad for Larsson+2018 1st gets us in the conversation. Ekblad makes a pretty big cap hit, and isn't really performing to expectations. I could see Florida wanting to get out of the contract if they're getting a cost controlled dman they can pair with Yandle.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The player many of you imagine Russell to be is fascinating. The blind hate is really something to behold.
No doubt. Russell hasn’t been great but frankly he shouldn’t have to be anything more than our 4th best D man at best. He’s been probably our best guy this season. Him or Larsson.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Yeah how's that worked out for Montreal?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I was wondering if you could make a move like

To OTT: Klefbom, Nuge, Benning and Yamamoto

To EDM: Karlsson and Ryan ($2.25M retained)
The value is there but I don't like butchering our entire winger prospect depth when wings are a massive weakness for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad