Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
10th for Rinne
Oilers reject this trade
aGQA399.gif

Reactions: McDrai

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Its tough to do, but I'm bored so f*** it. Who do you predict we sign this off-season? I know trades can change a lot of things, but let's pretend no trades happen.

I say Vanek and Roussel

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don’t know how you can look at our D corps and come to the conclusion that ‘yeah we can afford to move Nurse for a winger’.
Especially one like Nylander, who really isn't that much of a difference maker. Similar level of player as Eberle, but not as good a goal scorer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Especially one like Nylander, who really isn't that much of a difference maker Worse than a player like Eberle imo.

Agreed 100%. Marner can at least push the river on his own. Not the case with Nylander. He’s good, but more of a complimentary guy.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wouldn’t mind the coach from Swift Current. Maybe he would bring in some fresh ideas. Gulutzan seems redundant to me.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Wouldn’t mind the coach from Swift Current. Maybe he would bring in some fresh ideas. Gulutzan seems redundant to me.

Thing is, Gulutzan has proven he can coach at the NHL level. He’s not in the top tier by any means, but he’s no Eakins. If he’s on the coaching staff, he’s providing a hell of a lot of motivation for Todd to figure out a way to win. If not, Todd’s replacement (even just to the end of the year) is already behind the bench. And let’s face it, our team could use some of his fire so we don’t have a repeat.

Reactions: A91

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Thing is, Gulutzan has proven he can coach at the NHL level. He’s not in the top tier by any means, but he’s no Eakins. If he’s on the coaching staff, he’s providing a hell of a lot of motivation for Todd to figure out a way to win. If not, Todd’s replacement (even just to the end of the year) is already behind the bench. And let’s face it, our team could use some of his fire so we don’t have a repeat.
Atleast while McLellan is sitting there acting like its all fine, GG would be throwing shit at the refs, throwing sticks in practice.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
hahaha Chris Johnson of Sportsnet just said the Leafs #1 priority this summer is a RH defenseman
hmmm, that sounds familiar
I thought they filled that hole with Hainsey, One of their posters was claiming he was so good cause he played top pairing minutes on the pens and won the cup.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I get your logic but Gulutzan just seems completely average to me. So having him there in case TM fails doesn’t make much sense to me. They really should be looking for the best possible assistant. At least with Yawney he’s had some success so I can get behind that move. I think if TM fails I would prefer Yawney to take over rather than Gulutzan.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think most of the time I was more pissed at McLellan for not having a reaction, than the ref for screwing the call up.

Ya I think that applies to most of the fan base. I wonder if we could bring back the Wagon? I know Matty is still playing, but he’s the 13th forward, and turning 37. It might be time. Especially if the Jets go all the way. He’s a guy who always struck me as a future coach. If he knows 3 things, it’s defense, hard work, and leadership. He’s another one of those guys who can show a little fire, and if we’ve got an experienced staff, we can maybe afford to take a gamble on a guy who’s never coached.

I get your logic but Gulutzan just seems completely average to me. So having him there in case TM fails doesn’t make much sense to me. They really should be looking for the best possible assistant. At least with Yawney he’s had some success so I can get behind that move. I think if TM fails I would prefer Yawney to take over rather than Gulutzan.

I don’t think the answer is necessarily just one or the other, but both. We did just can 3 assistants

Reactions: BarDownBobo

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If all we do is bring in Yawney and Gulutzan we still don't have a PP coach as none of them can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->