Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
No interest in Pietrangelo. Exorbitant acquisition cost and a UFA in two years at age 30. We aren't a Cup contender in those two years, so why are we spending young assets?

In what world are we not a cup contender with a top 10 D?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’d do like Nurse, Benning Pulijaarvi + our first this year for Petriangelo. That probably wouldn’t even do it honestly but if we could get him for a package like that I’d be all over it.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Chiarelli, Nicholson, and possibly more at the Ontario-Bakersfield game tonight.

I’m assuming they’ll be watching Jesse but man Caleb Jones has been good this year and Lagesson hasn’t been far behind. I am definitely not a fan of the idea at this time but I can’t help but wonder if they consider dealing a defenceman for forward help.
Sounds about something in Chia's wheel house. Trade our second best d prospect for 10 cents on the dollar in a desperate attempt to shore up on a weak position.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
No interest in Pietrangelo. Exorbitant acquisition cost and a UFA in two years at age 30. We aren't a Cup contender in those two years, so why are we spending young assets?

Pietrangelo and a #1 goalie would absolutely make us a contender.

Klef + Larsson would make me nervous tho

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In what world are we not a cup contender with a top 10 D?
In a world where St Louis isn't, with two of them on their active roster.

I think people routinely overrate star players in regards to how much of an effect they have on a team being a 'contender'. Teams with star players win individual awards. Teams with depth win championships.

The Oilers trading away two young roster defenseman in a trade like that would be catastrophic long-term considering how difficult it's been historically for us to develop defensemen. That next Pietrangelo contract is going to be a doozy too--something the Oilers should want no part of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkleaker

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Has to be another shoe to drop here. We’re only at 12 forwards and Rieder should still be a ways away.

Writing was on the wall with his ice time. Don't think he was given a proper look with his ice time. But on the other hand I do think his speed is an issue. I think he's got the craftiness to produce, but the foot speed will hurt him. So no problems sending him down for more development.

Reactions: ujju2

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
A guy I would like to target would be Ekblad who put up 16 goals last season. He's currently on Florida's 2nd PP (hence his stats are down) but would obviously be on our top PP if we ever acquired him. I think a package of Puljujarvi+Nurse could get them to pull the trigger (a Barkov-Puljujarvi duo would probably be enticing to them).

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
BLH had a pretty good trade proposal that I saw.
Benning and NYI 3rd for Radek Faksa
Pretty good proposal for us. No reason for the Stars to do it though. Maybe trade Benning and the 3rd to Florida for Sceviour. The panthers need RD badly right now.

Reactions: North

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
BLH had a pretty good trade proposal that I saw.
Benning and NYI 3rd for Radek Faksa
I just saw that. Faksa would be the perfect 3c. Physical, good skater, can score goals, selke level defense. A horse that can match up against the other top lines and be the teams most important/trustworthy pker.

I love the player so Id offer up to Benning + 2nd + prospect

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I just saw that. Faksa would be the perfect 3c. Physical, good skater, can score goals, selke level defense. A horse that can match up against the other top lines and be the teams most important/trustworthy pker.

If that's all it takes I can't see it not being done.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
benning is getting us a 5th round pick at most. Other teams pro scouts are not as awful as our pro scouts.

Reactions: Yeah15

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I love the player so Id offer up to Benning + 2nd + prospect
I could see Dallas liking Caleb Jones. Not sure if that'd be enough to entice them to part with a solid defensive center in Faksa though.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I could see Dallas liking Caleb Jones. Not sure if that'd be enough to entice them to part with a solid defensive center in Faksa though.
I dont want to move Jones until we see him in the NHL but Faksa is the type of player I would move him for. Like I said before, I love his tools and playstyle. With him and Reider we'd have 2/3 of a matchup/pk 3rd line and we could throw Chia's son on the rw and call it a day.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Benning + 2nd/3rd for Sutter (50%)?

Sutter is another shutdown/pk 3c that can chip in 30-40 points offensively. Would be a great fit with Rieder on the 3rd line and would be making almost 2.2 million for 2 years after this one with retention.

I also love Gaudette and would try to pry him away from them:

Benning + 2nd + Lagesson for Gaudette + Sutter (50%)

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Tarasenko seems like he could shake loose from St.Louis 7.5m cap hit but still someone we should be interested in.
We dont have anything expendable to give them. Unless you want to do Nuge ++ and move Drai to 2c with Tank and run Mcdavid with scrubs. Also, if they considered trading him, it'd probably be for another elite winger similarly aged and similiar contract.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We dont have anything expendable to give them. Unless you want to do Nuge ++ and move Drai to 2c with Tank and run Mcdavid with scrubs. Also, if they considered trading him, it'd probably be for another elite winger similarly aged and similiar contract.
Drai + Nurse + Benning
For
Tarasenko+Pietrangelo

STL upgrades up front and adds a top 4 LD.. Benning as #6

EDM gets a shooter and shores up the RD esp considering Bouchard.

Salaries even out.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Drai + Nurse + Benning
For
Tarasenko+Pietrangelo

STL upgrades up front and adds a top 4 LD.. Benning as #6

EDM gets a shooter and shores up the RD esp considering Bouchard.

Salaries even out.

.... its good. But man giving up on Leo really?

Reactions: Stud Muffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad