Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Who's the Sabres 2nd best right shot dman again? They are hot at the moment but I wouldn't doubt they'd look into a depth RHD

After Risto there is Bogo and Casey Nelson as RHD with Redmond doing good in the AHL then on the left you have Dahlin, Scandella, McCabe Beaulieu, Guhle and Pilut dominating in the AHL.
They just traded away Fedun a RHD

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
STL might be ready to trade Pietrangelo. He's got connection with Hitch who made him the captain.
I would trade both Klefbom AND Nurse for him..

Right side of AP, Larsson, Bouchard
Will still have Sekera,Russell,Gravel,Jones etc for left side.

Klefa/Nurse +Benning/Bear + conditional 1st 2020 if AP signs with us.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Has to be another shoe to drop here. We’re only at 12 forwards and Rieder should still be a ways away.

Patrick Russell still with the team right? I think Oilers needed to move someone down to get within the roster limit after adding wideman.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Patrick Russell still with the team right? I think Oilers needed to move someone down to get within the roster limit.

He is, but with Rieder hurt:

Caggiula-McDavid-Drai
Spooner-Nuge-Chiasson
IDENTITY
Russell-Khaira-Rattie

No spare forward.

Russell plays a Hitch style game and Rattie sticks out like a sore thumb on that line. I don’t think he’s long for this team.

I’ll guess Puljujarvi and Gambardella up and maybe Garrison dealt or sent down. Gravel’s been pretty good.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
He is, but with Rieder hurt:

Caggiula-McDavid-Drai
Spooner-Nuge-Chiasson
IDENTITY
Russell-Khaira-Rattie

Russell plays a Hitch style game and Rattie sticks out like a sore thumb on that line. I don’t think he’s long for this team.

I’ll guess Puljujarvi and Gambardella up.

Could be. Unless he's planning to run 7D next game which would make sense too since the 4th line mostly plays with McDavid as their center.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Could be. Unless he's planning to run 7D next game which would make sense too since the 4th line mostly plays with McDavid as their center.

Maybe, but 7D doesn’t make a ton of sense either with a forward group as shallow as ours.

I think it’s Wideman in, Benning out, and Puljujarvi or Gambardella up.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
STL might be ready to trade Pietrangelo. He's got connection with Hitch who made him the captain.
I would trade both Klefbom AND Nurse for him..

Right side of AP, Larsson, Bouchard
Will still have Sekera,Russell,Gravel,Jones etc for left side.

Klefa/Nurse +Benning/Bear + conditional 1st 2020 if AP signs with us.

Would absolutely love Piet, but can't imagine the Blues dealing him. I'm also not sure what they could want that we could offer. Their forward depth is rock solid with Fabbri still getting back to 100% and players like Kyrou and Thomas battling for minutes.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Maybe, but 7D doesn’t make a ton of sense either with a forward group as shallow as ours.

I think it’s Wideman in, Benning out, and Puljujarvi or Gambardella up.

Well they'd only need to run 7D if a forward got hurt between now and Sunday. I think you're likely right they'll bring up another forward, just saying the way hitch has been running the forward lines 7D wouldn't be too crazy if they end up being a forward short.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Patrick Russell still with the team right? I think Oilers needed to move someone down to get within the roster limit after adding wideman.
They were carrying 1 less guy before the wideman deal and once again have a slot open with the trade of Marody

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seems likely JP is coming back. Stauffer has been trying to hint at it as much as he possibly could since Todd was fired.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Seems likely JP is coming back. Stauffer has been trying to hint at it as much as he possibly could since Todd was fired.

Chiarelli, Nicholson, and possibly more at the Ontario-Bakersfield game tonight.

I’m assuming they’ll be watching Jesse but man Caleb Jones has been good this year and Lagesson hasn’t been far behind. I am definitely not a fan of the idea at this time but I can’t help but wonder if they consider dealing a defenceman for forward help.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Chiarelli, Nicholson, and possibly more at the Ontario-Bakersfield game tonight.

I’m assuming they’ll be watching Jesse but man Caleb Jones has been good this year and Lagesson hasn’t been far behind. I am definitely not a fan of the idea at this time but I can’t help but wonder if they consider dealing a defenceman for forward help.

If they trade Jones before seeing him at the NHL level with the Oilers, I will be some PISSED. He's my favorite prospect and as I've said before, a steal of a pick for the 5th round.

I think it's because since the Oilers are in Cali, they're dropping in to say hi to Jay and evaluate his coaching and development of the prospects.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Would absolutely love Piet, but can't imagine the Blues dealing him. I'm also not sure what they could want that we could offer. Their forward depth is rock solid with Fabbri still getting back to 100% and players like Kyrou and Thomas battling for minutes.
They need top 4 LD apparently..would need a top 4 RD too once AP is traded.

Can we afford to lose Klefa AND Larsson?

Nurse-Pietrangelo
Russell-Benning
Gravel/Jones-Wideman

Sekera and Bouchard to join next year.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No interest in Pietrangelo. Exorbitant acquisition cost and a UFA in two years at age 30. We aren't a Cup contender in those two years, so why are we spending young assets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad