Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I just saw that. Faksa would be the perfect 3c. Physical, good skater, can score goals, selke level defense. A horse that can match up against the other top lines and be the teams most important/trustworthy pker.

I love the player so Id offer up to Benning + 2nd + prospect

He is a perfect 3C which is why Dallas would have no reason to trade him, especially for the scraps suggested. Posters need to start asking why the other team would do the trade before posting up proposals like that.

Reactions: MessierII

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He is a perfect 3C which is why Dallas would have no reason to trade him, especially for the scraps suggested. Posters need to start asking why the other team would do the trade before posting up proposals like that.
Yep, I agree. He's on a pretty sweet deal to boot. His production out of the gate this year is probably the only reason I could remotely see them making a brash decision on him. But he's the perfect example of what we should be looking for.

I'll mention Zack Smith as a player who fits that role as well. He's a character guy in their locker room though, so I'm not sure if they'd be willing to part with him that easily despite being thrown on waivers early this season.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We need to dump Lucic
We need to get a good 3c

This deal does both of those:

Lucic + Benning + 2nd
For
Sutter (50%) + Eriksson

Lucic sucks, Erikksson sucks as well but he has 1 less year of term and can skate/be good defensively. He has also been better than Lucic offensively the past 2 years without having to be fed pp minutes. Sutter is a great 3c, defensively very good, can chip in 30-40 points, decently physical. Pair him and Eriksson together on the 3rd line and we have 2/3 of a pretty decent shutdown line. Or try out Eriksson with Nuge and see if it works, if not, down to the 3rd line.

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Jimmy Valentine is saying that there is no interest around the league for Benning and Talbot to Philly is picking up steam.

Just based on his posting history I'm assuming he's pretty unreliable, but apparently has enough cred to be a guest on Gregor's show.

If there is any truth to that Philly rumor I'm assuming it would be built around Talbot for Lehtera, who Hitch liked previously.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jimmy Valentine is saying that there is no interest around the league for Benning and Talbot to Philly is picking up steam.

Just based on his posting history I'm assuming he's pretty unreliable, but apparently has enough cred to be a guest on Gregor's show.

If there is any truth to that Philly rumor I'm assuming it would be built around Talbot for Lehtera, who Hitch liked previously.

Didn't he have some investigation going on due to a drug thing in Finland?

I don't think Bakersfield wants Benning either.

If we're trading Talbot, we need a goalie back because Montoya has been shit in Bakersfield.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Kypreos mentions the possibility of McLellan going to the Kings, just minor speculation at this point. Always said it is believed there was discussions in Edmonton about Quenneville before hiring Hitchcock.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I laughed harder at that than I should have.

On topic, I have to think either Elliot or Pickard will have to be part of the return for Talbot.

Elliot seems to be hurt a lot, Flyers would get good production out of Talbot, seems like a good fit.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Kypreos mentions the possibility of McLellan going to the Kings, just minor speculation at this point. Always said it is believed there was discussions in Edmonton about Quenneville before hiring Hitchcock.

LA is in real trouble. Their vets are slow as f***, their young players aren't difference makers.

A veteran team would probably be in McLellan's wheelhouse but I'm not sure he would be able to do much with the Kings.

Regarding Quenneville, he'd be expensive. In addition to paying McLellan $3mill, imagine what we would have to pay Q in order to get him to give up his $6mill per.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I kinda guessed Talbot to Philly, although my guess was Talbot + Benning for Elliott + Gudas.

Guess everyone else in the league sees how bad Benning is lol.

I'm going to guess Talbot straight up for Gudas.

And then they trade a pick for a backup goalie.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I kinda guessed Talbot to Philly, although my guess was Talbot + Benning for Elliott + Gudas.

Gotta figure Pickard comes back in a Talbot deal. Wonder if they'd move Laughton?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

They mentioned on Headlines tonight that Carolina has too many goalies now. McElhinney won't get traded, he's winning games for them. Darling is awful and has a bad contract. Mrazek would be the only one interesting ($1.5M this season, UFA in July).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Gotta figure Packard comes back in a Talbot deal. Wonder if they'd move Laughton?

I looked at most of the youth forward prospects on their roster - most of them are doing pretty well this year for rookies/second year guys. I doubt they move any of them unless we package Talbot with something more enticing like a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Benson/Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad