Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Ullmark for Danault could make some sense but I'm not putting Poitras in that deal. Why would a center-starved team would trade their most promising center prospect?

Danault is a good player but he's a 3C on the wrong side of 30. Kinda redundant with Coyle. Feels like he should be a last resort option. I do like the Stephenson signing.
I like Danault, but I like Trevor Moore more. ;-)

I'm all in on Elias Lindholm. If you get both Danault and Lindholm, you could move both Zacha and Coyle to wing.

I'd also try to beg Nosek back for 4th line center.

Marchand - Lindholm - Pasta
Zacha - Danault - Geekie
Heinen - Frederick - Coyle
Beecher - Boqvist/Nosek - Braseau

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So you're willing to try Necas at Center even though he's taken 640 draws over the last 3 years and only won 42% of them....but Stamkos is basically a LW despite taking 2,636 draws over the last 3 years and has won 53% of them
I never thought Pavelski would leave SJ so anything is possible but Stamkos leaving would surprise me more then if the Bruins won the Cup

2 biggest questions are what do they do with DeBrusk & Ullmark

They probably already know

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I like Danault, but I like Trevor Moore more. ;-)

I'm all in on Elias Lindholm. If you get both Danault and Lindholm, you could move both Zacha and Coyle to wing.

I'd also try to beg Nosek back for 4th line center.

Marchand - Lindholm - Pasta
Zacha - Danault - Geekie
Heinen - Frederick - Coyle
Beecher - Boqvist/Nosek - Braseau
You're maybe the only person in the Bruin fandom viewing moving Coyle to wing as a positive. Congrats on a fresh take that I really haven't seen anywhere else.

Coyle and Danault are redundant. Both are ideally a 3C. Zacha-Danault-Geekie is not a 2nd line in any universe.

And Lindholm may be a good short term option but he's going to get a horrible contract this summer and I'm tired of trying to get out of bad UFA signings when they go stale after a couple seasons.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Ullmark for Danault could make some sense but I'm not putting Poitras in that deal. Why would a center-starved team would trade their most promising center prospect?

Danault is a good player but he's a 3C on the wrong side of 30. Kinda redundant with Coyle. Feels like he should be a last resort option. I do like the Stephenson signing.

I don’t think Ullmark is enough to get Danault, and I want Englund too, he’s like a cheaper option for Zadorov. I always overpay in my proposals because I think that’s more realistic. And if I’m bringing in two centers and already have a few on the roster then I have no space for Matt.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
So you're willing to try Necas at Center even though he's taken 640 draws over the last 3 years and only won 42% of them....but Stamkos is basically a LW despite taking 2,636 draws over the last 3 years and has won 53% of them
i think based on his age and his upside, absolutely would i take a chance on necas. probably moot since i doubt carolina is going to
move him.

and yes, stamkos plays LW and takes faceoffs. certainly he'd be a nice guy to have, but doesn't really solve the "center" problem.
he also spends most of his time on the PP where pastrnak plays.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
i think based on his age and his upside, absolutely would i take a chance on necas. probably moot since i doubt carolina is going to
move him.

and yes, stamkos plays LW and takes faceoffs. certainly he'd be a nice guy to have, but doesn't really solve the "center" problem.
he also spends most of his time on the PP where pastrnak plays.

The center problem really boils down to having a lack of guys who can win face-offs and put up points. Stamkos solves both of those problems. While he may setup where Pasta does, it opens up the opportunity to make the PP more mobile and less stationary. The PP could flow where Stamkos and & Pastrnak rotate within the PP so that one of them is always there. Imagine trying to take away that one spot only to have either Pastrnak or Stamkos slip backdoor for a goal.

I never thought Pavelski would leave SJ so anything is possible but Stamkos leaving would surprise me more then if the Bruins won the Cup

2 biggest questions are what do they do with DeBrusk & Ullmark

They probably already know

I think Ullmark is still up in the air. They could go through the off-season and if they miss on some big fishes, they could have cap room to keep both Swayman & Ullmark. DeBrusk I'm sure they know where they stand and what it'll take to sign him.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think Ullmark is enough to get Danault, and I want Englund too, he’s like a cheaper option for Zadorov. I always overpay in my proposals because I think that’s more realistic. And if I’m bringing in two centers and already have a few on the roster then I have no space for Matt.

Danault seems like a near clone of Charlie Coyle, who is a bit better at the dot. I am not sure i see that solving any of the Bruins needs, and certainly don't want to give up 12 years in age between Poitras and Danault, especially when I think Matt could be a better player by 2025

And honestly if a charlie Coyle type if the best I can get for a Vezina winning goalie, I think I'd rather just get picks

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The center problem really boils down to having a lack of guys who can win face-offs and put up points. Stamkos solves both of those problems. While he may setup where Pasta does, it opens up the opportunity to make the PP more mobile and less stationary. The PP could flow where Stamkos and & Pastrnak rotate within the PP so that one of them is always there. Imagine trying to take away that one spot only to have either Pastrnak or Stamkos slip backdoor for a goal.
Probably a moot point as I think Stamkos is a long shot to leave Tampa, and even longer shot to come here... But I agree.

Opens the possibility of something like running Marchand-X-Pasta on line 1, and if we run with Poitras on the 2nd line again, gives him an incredible weapon and he can take the tough draws for him.

No such thing as too many shooters, in my opinion. Can always put them on different PP units regularly, but they're a nightmare to manage if we're down 1. One can dream...

Reactions: Kegs

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So do we like debrusk? I like debrusk. I hope he gets resigned.
I do too. I think he'd be missed a lot. As inconsistent as he is, he shows up when it matters and has probably been our most consistent F in the playoffs. Good in all situations.

The inconsistency needs to be accounted for in his contract and I'm not sure how willing he is to do that after requesting a trade multiple times. Things have changed since then, so hopefully he wants to stay.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I do too. I think he'd be missed a lot. As inconsistent as he is, he shows up when it matters and has probably been our most consistent F in the playoffs. Good in all situations.

The inconsistency needs to be accounted for in his contract and I'm not sure how willing he is to do that after requesting a trade multiple times. Things have changed since then, so hopefully he wants to stay.
He requested a trade  once during a rough time in his mental health that Bergeron was trying to help him.. Sweeney too.

He has stated he's VERY happy to be here and wants to stay. The guys love him in the locker room despite how people don't believe that and want to bring up his dad every chance they get.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Will depend on the money I guess

Two games in a row he didn’t score on a breakaway though

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Read that the Jets are gonna let Dillon walk (he's 33 tho) and are gonna look at Ehlers trades this summer
Came on here to mention this. I've like Dillon but the age scares me. Sounds like a new deal will be less than the 3-4 he gets paid now. Don't know where he can play. Sounds like a bottom pairing guy but may be wrong. Want a tough stay at home to pair with Mac

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I do not believe you will get Englund from Kings.
He is the only physical player on the team and has very low salary.
I think LA will trade one on one Moore for Ullmark, but not Danault.
Ulmark is almost 31 years old good, but not very good goalie.
Also, he has only one year left on his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and SPV

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I like DeBrusk too, but I also am not willing to overpay for him. My biggest concern with JDB is which guy are we getting if we sign him long term? Are we get last years DeBrusk, a guy who was playing at a 34G/64P pace....or are we getting the 22G/42P DeBrusk that he's been the year before and after last year?

Its tough to even find a comp for him.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
JDB has been one of our better players this post season IMO. He always seems to have the most chances - doesn't bury them as much as I'd like but he's often the one on a breakaway or 2 on 1 and he's had some slick passes. I'd like him back.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

How is Ullmark not a very good goalie ? He's 88-26-10 with a 924 save percentage, and 2.32 GAA over the last years , plus a Vezina. Even in his years languishing with last place Sabres, he put up a solid 912 save percentage, and that was with no talent at all around him

JDB has to be under 6M or it will backfire.

So at 5.75 it's ok, but 6.25 is a disaster?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Any GM who signs Debrusk this season has to do so understanding that he will be inconsistent during the regular season, but will be more effective and more consistent in the playoffs.

What is that worth on the open market? Hard to say really.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Any GM who signs Debrusk this season has to do so understanding that he will be inconsistent during the regular season, but will be more effective and more consistent in the playoffs.

What is that worth on the open market? Hard to say really.
6.5 million per for three years

I would rather have picks and your right Ullmark is not a good goalie he's a great goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad