Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They mentioned on Headlines tonight that Carolina has too many goalies now. McElhinney won't get traded, he's winning games for them. Darling is awful and has a bad contract. Mrazek would be the only one interesting ($1.5M this season, UFA in July).

Sounds like something on Page 1 of Chiarelli's playbook.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Jimmy Valentine is saying that there is no interest around the league for Benning and Talbot to Philly is picking up steam.

Just based on his posting history I'm assuming he's pretty unreliable, but apparently has enough cred to be a guest on Gregor's show.

If there is any truth to that Philly rumor I'm assuming it would be built around Talbot for Lehtera, who Hitch liked previously.

I posted earlier that Talbot for Simmonds makes sense. Both UFA's that probably won't be resigning with their current team. Fills a need for both teams as well. Benning probably has a similar trade value to Wideman.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I looked at most of the youth forward prospects on their roster - most of them are doing pretty well this year for rookies/second year guys. I doubt they move any of them unless we package Talbot with something more enticing like a 2nd round pick or a prospect like Benson/Bear.

As desperate as the Flyers are for a change in goal, maybe Talbot + 3rd for Laughton & Pickard?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I posted earlier that Talbot for Simmonds makes sense. Both UFA's that probably won't be resigning with their current team. Fills a need for both teams as well. Benning probably has a similar trade value to Wideman.
Given Talbots save percentage I don't think he's even one tenth of the way getting you to Simmonds.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Talbot + Benning
For
Elliot + Gudas

Rattie + Spooner + Maksimov + 2nd
For
Toffoli + Amadio

Something conditional
For
Ho-Sang

Toffoli-McD-Drai
Rieder-Nuge-Pulju
Ho-Sang-Amadio-Chiasson
Lucic-Brodz-Kass/Caggiula

Klef-Lar
Nurse-Gudas
Gravel/Russell-Wideman

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Blockbuster:

Nurse + Talbot + Yamamoto + 1st
$7.36M

for

Schenn + Parayko
$10.625M

Though I might be overestimating how much value Talbot has. Or how easy it would be for the Blues to offload Allen elsewhere.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Given Talbots save percentage I don't think he's even one tenth of the way getting you to Simmonds.
Talbot has been a legit starter in NHL the past couple yrs.. not many of those available these days
PHI can't do much better than him
Talbot is not worth Simmonds but he is worth a lot more than Jori Lehtera

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Matt Benning for Colton Sceviour
Lucic and a 2nd for Callahan

Puljujarvi-McDavid-Draisaitl
Reider-Nugent Hopkins-Chiasson
Spooner-Sceviour-Callahan
Caggiula-Brodziak-Kassian
Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Russell-Wideman
Gravel, Garrison

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Todd McLellan, Joel Quenneville drawing interest around the league - Sportsnet.ca

Expanding on this, Kypreos also says Quenneville could’ve taken the reigns in Edmonton instead of Ken Hitchcock and that
Los Angeles Kings interim coach Willie Desjardins’ immediate future at the helm shouldn’t be guaranteed with top-tier candidates like McLelland and Quenneville possibly available.
“Prior to Hitchcock being named in Edmonton we believe that there might have been some discussions in Edmonton for Quenneville,” Kypreos said. “And starting to hear some talk for Todd McLellan with the L.A. Kings. Of course, they’ve got Willie Desjardins as an interim coach, but no promises there. At any given time I think, if L.A. feels like they’ve got the right guy they’ll make the change as early as tomorrow.”

Hmmm.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Todd McLellan, Joel Quenneville drawing interest around the league - Sportsnet.ca

Expanding on this, Kypreos also says Quenneville could’ve taken the reigns in Edmonton instead of Ken Hitchcock and that
Los Angeles Kings interim coach Willie Desjardins’ immediate future at the helm shouldn’t be guaranteed with top-tier candidates like McLelland and Quenneville possibly available.
“Prior to Hitchcock being named in Edmonton we believe that there might have been some discussions in Edmonton for Quenneville,” Kypreos said. “And starting to hear some talk for Todd McLellan with the L.A. Kings. Of course, they’ve got Willie Desjardins as an interim coach, but no promises there. At any given time I think, if L.A. feels like they’ve got the right guy they’ll make the change as early as tomorrow.”

Hmmm.

This ties in with whoever it was saying other coaches wanted long term deals to coach the Oilers but they just wanted someone to finish the year with GM uncertainty.

I've always loved Hitchcock and isn't the #3 winningest coach by fluke.
If he can get this team into the playoffs, the org has a tough decision to make if Quenneville is still on the market and interested in coaching the Oilers.

But I'd extend Hitchcock first. From what I've read, all he wants to do is coach and if he gets this team finally going the way it should have been already going, it's a no brainer.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'll say what I said this past summer. I have a feeling that Talbot actually asked for a trade this past summer and since he is playing poorly the oilers are looking to accommodate. I have no clue at all who we would bring in as a 2nd goalie. (I see that Micheal Leighton played vs bakersfield the other day.... :D )

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'll say what I said this past summer. I have a feeling that Talbot actually asked for a trade this past summer and since he is playing poorly the oilers are looking to accommodate. I have no clue at all who we would bring in as a 2nd goalie. (I see that Micheal Leighton played vs bakersfield the other day.... :D )

A couple czechs in philly would be nice.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Benning has no trade value then try to sneak him through waivers and see if he can get his game going in Bakersfield.

I see Gudas in a lot of proposals, is he having a tough season or rumored to be on the block?

Reactions: 780il

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Someone mentioned Lehtera, guy has a $4.75 million cap hit this season and then is an UFA, Do NOT Want! Unless they decide to retain 50% of his contract that would be hideous.

Reactions: 780il

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Hmmm.

Sounds like the rest of the season could be an audition to Quenville, and if he likes what he sees he might jump aboard.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Talbot has been a legit starter in NHL the past couple yrs.. not many of those available these days
PHI can't do much better than him
Talbot is not worth Simmonds but he is worth a lot more than Jori Lehtera

One year. He was a legit starter one year.
He was a good backup for the Rangers.
His first year in Edmonton he won 5 of his first 20 games, and improved in the calendar year after we were eliminated.
His second year he was a legit starter.
His third year he was one of the worst goalies in the league.
And now we're at his 4th year, a worse version of his third year.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Someone mentioned Lehtera, guy has a $4.75 million cap hit this season and then is an UFA, Do NOT Want! Unless they decide to retain 50% of his contract that would be hideous.
Hasn't he been a healthy scratch lately?. I would flip Spooner for him.. Spooner just doesn't work here.. getting rid of the additional year would be worth it

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we do make the playoffs with Hitchcock I would rather keep him and sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal. We seem to always dump a perfectly good coach in search of something "better" . See Krueger, Ralph; Nelson, Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad