Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Chias really firing those bullets eh? I guess if he gambles enough something’s got to hit.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
There's at least a chance that Spooner gets hot at some point. This team needs more NHL players, if they can bring in a legitimate third line centre for a pick or two, that would be great.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ryan Strome was not a centre, let alone a good 3C.

They've needed a 3C for every second of this year and most of last.
They have this guy named Ryan Nugent Hopkins that could play that role and they could roll three scoring lines...

space321

May 11, 2011
Ryan Strome was not a centre, let alone a good 3C.

They've needed a 3C for every second of this year and most of last.

When I pointed out Strome was useless by like game 7 or 8, many people told me he was a perfect 3C because he's defensively responsible. Now that he got traded that narrative sure changed fast.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Except we don't have close to the wingers to do so and if you play Nuge long term as the 3c he auto walks as a ufa.

"Terrible group of wingers but let's just roll 3 scoring lines"
I mean they scored one goal today despite loading up the top line yet again.

Have we ever tried the 3 line depth plays? Might work.
I’m sure If we didn’t have the worst crop of wingers in the league maybe we could try it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean they scored one goal today despite loading up the top line yet again.

I’m sure If we didn’t have the worst crop of wingers in the league maybe we could try it.
You contradict yourself so often.beven within a single post.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You contradict yourself so often.beven within a single post.
I want the Oilers to do this but I know they won’t because of what I just said. Sticking McDavid with two plugs seems like a bad idea but they should try to spread out the offense. You shut down the top line and you win.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Why would the Wings trade their top goal scorer for a 3rd pairing defenceman though? Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't have to be Benning was just an example (although Wings fans were semi interested in him)
He's having a good year, but hes proven to be a 0.5ppg scoring forward, if he was targeted a 2nd + Benning would likely be enough to land him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad