Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chiarelli has hinted at bringing in some UFA D-men on PTO's.

But let's remember this is the Oilers we're talking about, we all know it's Bouchard's spot to lose ATM
. My biggest complaint is that no matter who they bring in it automatically puts Benning at 2RHD and that is a bad thing.

Our defence is going to look like:

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Gravel
I don't get why people think that. They had no intention of playing KY in the NHL last year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't get why people think that. They had no intention of playing KY in the NHL last year.

Eh? Kailer Yamamoto was two empty net tap ins (that he blew because he got too excited as a youngster) from probably sticking with the team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'll join Jimmy in the minority. I take Larsson playing 22 min a night over Faulk...and I have nothing against Faulk, I think he's a good fit on our 2nd pair with Nurse and playing the PP but he's a bit of an adventure in his own zone.

Larsson would clearly be playing the hard minutes over Faulk. Faulk would be a 2nd pairing guy with heavy offensive zone starts IMO.

Reactions: OilDrop37

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
That's such nonsense, dude is one of the top 12 highest scoring D in the league the last five years, 3 time All-Star, and only 26.

He's not getting waived because he had one season that was a little down but still higher than every Oiler D by a country mile in offensive ability, where exactly is that fantasy coming from?

I'd say on top of all that there is a fair chance he's not willing to waive his NTC for Edmonton.

Like what exactly would be the hold up now? If he's available for a 2nd you make that deal now before Chicago or someone else steps up. He's obviously not available to the Oilers for that price.

This is like being stranded in the middle of the desert with no gas and opting not to buy gas from the first gas station in miles that's even offering the gas at a low price. Gimme a break. If a 2nd for Faulk was actually doable you'd have Chiarelli's dumb mug up on the podium at Rogers doing a press conference right now to announce it.
We shall see, no doubt the Canes are shopping him. I highly doubt he gets the Canes a 1st or a good prospect...his trade value has been on the decline.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We shall see, no doubt the Canes are shopping him. I highly doubt he gets the Canes a 1st or a good prospect...his trade value has been on the decline.

According to who? Because some kid in his basement on HFBoards says so? I don't think so. If the ask is what you say it is, then Faulk should be an Oiler by the end of the week. What's the hold up? I doubt it.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
A lot of the people trashing Faulk are going to be eating some major crow this next season. Its wild!

Reactions: A91

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
According to who? Because some kid in his basement on HFBoards says so? I don't think so. If the ask is what you say it is, then Faulk should be an Oiler by the end of the week. What's the hold up? I doubt it.
Maybe they don't want to ante up for the next Jason Garrison. Maybe the ask is too high, I dunno. I don't have to speculate about his value, it will be revealed soon enough.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe they don't want to ante up for the next Jason Garrison. Maybe the ask is too high, I dunno. I don't have to speculate about his value, it will be revealed soon enough.

I don't think he's getting traded period this summer. He's still the captain to boot. If the offers are some crap 2nd round pick, I'd hang up the phone if I were the Hurricanes. Carolina doesn't need to shed cap either, in fact trading Faulk likely puts them under the cap floor which is a problem.

You can get a 2nd + propsect for this player any day of the week for the next 1 1/2 years, there's no reason to do that trade this summer other than they feel like being a charity for the Oilers, which I doubt.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Then why was he here for so long? If they had no intention he'd have been sent back for the start of the WHL season.
:facepalm:

Without speaking completely for Joe, he probably means at this point in the OFF SEASON, they had no intention of having him on the team, he made his way on the team to start the year, that changed things.

He's suggesting and I agree, that anyone suggesting that it's Bouchard's spot to lose is fooling themselves into a false reality. Bouchard has a shot and it's made even better with Sekera's injury, but I don't think he's even "penciled" in by the Oilers organization for the big club to start the year, let alone having a spot to lose.

Reactions: joestevens29

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I said he'd be the Oilers #1 Defenseman, and I think you'd be in the minority by saying Larsson would be better suited to play top pairing minutes over Faulk.
Larsson was never a #1D until he arrived in Edmonton, and he hasn't been any better in Edmonton than he was in NJ. So you took a 2nd/3rd pairing guy, made him a first pairing guy out of necessity, and now say he's a better top pair d-man than a guy whose been a top pair d-man for the better part of half a decade with the stats to prove it.
Sure thing.

Larsson would no question play the harder minutes at even strength just like Pesce did in Carolina, this isn't even a debate. Faulk would slide on to the 2nd pairing with prime minute PP time.

Don't see the point in exhausting prime assets for Faulk anyway with Bouchard and Bear a year or two away. It would probably be the worst thing the Oilers could do to deal Puljujarvi or 1st+ for him which would likely be the ask IMO.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think he's getting traded period this summer. He's still the captain to boot. If the offers are some crap 2nd round pick, I'd hang up the phone if I were the Hurricanes. Carolina doesn't need to shed cap either, in fact trading Faulk likely puts them under the cap floor which is a problem.

You can get a 2nd + propsect for this player any day of the week for the next 1 1/2 years, there's no reason to do that trade this summer other than they feel like being a charity for the Oilers, which I doubt.
Used to be the Oilers favorite move, trading the captain. He's a bullet worth dodging imo.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Chiarelli has hinted at bringing in some UFA D-men on PTO's.

But let's remember this is the Oilers we're talking about, we all know it's Bouchard's spot to lose ATM. My biggest complaint is that no matter who they bring in it automatically puts Benning at 2RHD and that is a bad thing.

Our defence is going to look like:

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Bouchard
Gravel

Seems likely, but I pray its not.
Add in our horrid forward depth and we easily have another bottom 10 finish.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Seems likely, but I pray its not.
Add in our horrid forward depth and we easily have another bottom 10 finish.
That's dumb and they will not, unless Larsson has struggles and injuries again, Klefbom gets hurt and plays hurt all year and if Talbot and Kostinen are garbage.

Why some of you actually hope/expect for the Oilers to be just so bad, I don't understand

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

The Canes are in a position where they pretty well have to move a dman this summer. They've got Slavvin, Pesce, de Haan, Hamilton, Fleury, Faulk and van Riemsdyk signed for next year, all of whom were regulars last year. Plus Jake Bean will be pushing for games soon. They could keep Faulk for another year but there's the risk that Hamilton is going to take away some of his offensive minutes and his value could go down. I'm still expecting him to get moved in the next month, for something slightly higher than what Skinner returned.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
:facepalm:

Without speaking completely for Joe, he probably means at this point in the OFF SEASON, they had no intention of having him on the team, he made his way on the team to start the year, that changed things.

He's suggesting and I agree, that anyone suggesting that it's Bouchard's spot to lose is fooling themselves into a false reality. Bouchard has a shot and it's made even better with Sekera's injury, but I don't think he's even "penciled" in by the Oilers organization for the big club to start the year, let alone having a spot to lose.

Don't you face palm me mister....lol

Anyway, a quick look at the roster shows that the Oilers are going to have to do something to fill that open roster spot and the need for a PP, right handed shot d-man is the priority. Add in the salary cap situation and it seems fairly obvious that spot will be either Bear or Bouchard. Now maybe they try and get Enstrom as a stop gap? He's about the only real "free" option but after Nurse signs, can we even afford him?

I'm not slagging on the Oilers but c'mon... Bouchard is signed, right handed, elite offensively and by a lot of scouting reports, NHL ready. If you don't think it's not his spot to lose now that Sekera is out, I don't know what to tell you.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
That's dumb and they will not, unless Larsson has struggles and injuries again, Klefbom gets hurt and plays hurt all year and if Talbot and Kostinen are garbage.

Why some of you actually hope/expect for the Oilers to be just so bad, I don't understand

Hope and expect cannot and should not be used interchangeably ever lol

I hope we make the playoffs and win the cup.
I expect us to be a bubble team considering out roster build up and the competition in the West.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kind of a funny Brandon Davidson question, but has an NHL player ever been traded by the same team three times before? I'd kinda like to see that. We don't really need the guy, but he just keeps bringing us the goods. :laugh:

Reactions: Cypress

Former Referee 68

Aug 18, 2016
Canada
Whats this BS with Davidson... why Recycle a 6/7 Dman that cant stick with any team he is with... hell he couldn't be a regular with the Habs! set the bar higher

TheGhost

Jun 11, 2015
Salmon Arm, BC
Whats this BS with Davidson... why Recycle a 6/7 Dman that cant stick with any team he is with... hell he couldn't be a regular with the Habs! set the bar higher

For some reason he seems to play much better in Edmonton than he does anywhere else. Now if only he could somehow get the rest of the roster to do the same lol

Reactions: 780il

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
For some reason he seems to play much better in Edmonton than he does anywhere else. Now if only he could somehow get the rest of the roster to do the same lol
Eh. People remember the Davidson that had a good ~20 game stretch over 2 years ago. In the 50 odd games he's played in Edmonton since he's been pretty useless.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Why are we talking Davidson, cmon Chiarelli go get us a real defenseman to replace Sekera. Having Mcdavid in his prime is reason enough to pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad