Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Eberle's last year of his contract. Where do you think he signs? I have a feeling Calgary........

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If I’m Davidson and PC wants to sign me I’d be demanding a full NTC just so I can actually stay with the team for a full season.
I'd then be phoning the next guy. Davidson shouldn't even be getting a one-way deal at this point in time, but PC could maybe give him that.,

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Didn't TM have Davidson playing top pairing with Larsson for a stretch last season? Davidson was playing quite well too. I'd absolutely call Davy first.
If that was the case you'd think they would've kept him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This I would be shocked if Hall doesn’t test FA in a couple years, guy is going to want to be on a contender, I don’t see NJ doing any real damage soon either
Hall will be careful. If he's happy I think he stays in NJ. He is enjoying not being criticized everyday of his life.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This I would be shocked if Hall doesn’t test FA in a couple years, guy is going to want to be on a contender, I don’t see NJ doing any real damage soon either

Would lol if he came back here. It'll be like the Why Hall was traded again thread all over again :lol:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

NJ has a pretty good stable of young players and tons of cap space to add to it, I think they can make a push in a couple of years.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Hall will be careful. If he's happy I think he stays in NJ. He is enjoying not being criticized everyday of his life.
Yeah. Some guys just don't have the mental toughness to handle criticism in a gate driven league where they are making 6 million US dollars per year. Feel for those guysss.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah. Some guys just don't have the mental toughness to handle criticism in a gate driven league where they are making 6 million US dollars per year. Feel for those guysss.
It's not even about mental toughness though. A lot of it is seeing the difference NHL cities really are when compared to each other. Hall was here for 6 years and really didn't know any better. He never really complained as much as he has been surprised at how much easier NJ is.

He now strikes me as a guy that will be doing a lot of homework before deciding to play for another team. He embraced a role as a leader as well in NJ and took Nico under his wing. Might be tough to convince him to leave now.

Although if NJ did have two bad seasons in a row he could start thinking twice.

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Benning playing top 4 next year will crater this team.
He's a guy that you want to see get some chances when other's are banged up, but ideally his on the bottom pairing for most the year.

If he were to end up there at the end of the year on a healthy roster that would've been fine, because he would've more than likely earned it beating out Russell and Sekera.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Girardi, TVR, Coburn, Erickson, Bouwmeester, Petrovic

Just at a quick glance I suspect this is what is going to be somewhat obtainable. But my god that's not even good. I mean maybe you get Petrovic and he bounces back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
For all the "Faulk can be had for a 2nd" talk ... really? So what's the hold up with such a trade?

The Oilers advertised everywhere during the season that they were looking to add a d-man, and now have Sekera with a torn achilles. If that was the price, he'd be on a plane to Edmonton for a press conference already multiple times.

If it's just some generic 2nd + lame prospect as the ask, plenty of teams like Chicago can offer that too, Faulk could just as well say "trade me to Chicago instead of Edmonton".

If that trade isn't made in the next couple of days, I'd say odds are high Carolina is asking for far more. Now that they know about the Oilers need on D the price likely also went up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
For all the "Faulk can be had for a 2nd" talk ... really? So what's the hold up with such a trade?

The Oilers advertised everywhere during the season that they were looking to add a d-man, and now have Sekera with a torn achilles. If that was the price, he'd be on a plane to Edmonton for a press conference already multiple times.

If it's just some generic 2nd + lame prospect as the ask, plenty of teams like Chicago can offer that too, Faulk could just as well say "trade me to Chicago instead of Edmonton".

If that trade isn't made in the next couple of days, I'd say odds are high Carolina is asking for far more. Now that they know about the Oilers need on D the price likely also went up.
That makes sense, though I doubt (as you seem to I think) that Faulk can be had for a 2nd.

I was thinking something along the lines of Benson, Jones, 2nd(2019) & 3rd(2020) has a possible package.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
With the extra cap I really think Nyquist is the ideal target. He could probably be had for a 2nd, 3rd, and Cagguila.

And a definite "no" to a rushed trade for a defenseman. We have some of the best D prospects we've had in a long time in Bouchard, Bear, Jones, Persson, Lagesson, Samurakov, and Berglund. Trading our 1st next year for a guy like Faulk would be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad