Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Boston Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
See my edit. I’ve done a fair bit of research on it actually because people keep claiming he’ll just get LTIRed at 30. It’s well documented that, when treated, Scheuermann’s isn’t something that just keeps getting worse over time.

If he’s on LTIR, he’d be paid by the insurance company, and the insurance company isn’t just going to fork out millions because we want capspace

Are you sure? I thought it was a the team option to pay him or put in a claim.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
:facepalm:

You missed the recounting of who's been producing since Jan 1st it seems.

And not, he's too expensive for his role, if you can move him, move him. I really like the guy, but they trade him.
And where did he get the bulk of those points? It wasn’t on the first line

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Again, because everyone else put there has been putting up points, which is why he's holding them back?
Everytime some guy gets going we stick them on the first line and then wonder why there’s no secondary scoring, happened with Chaisson and Cags too

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Are you sure? I thought it was a the team option to pay him or put in a claim.

I doubt it. And if you said “no trust us. He suddenly has a bad back now. But we don’t want to involved the insurance company” there’s no way the league doesn’t get an independent doctor (like with Lupul, Hossa, etc), who then says we’re full of it. That’s a massive red flag.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
Kassian is a useful player and should be kept unless it's an offer we can't refuse.

Kassian is a 4th line player who can be easily replaced by a cheaper player. If someone offers us anything for him we should take it and free up salary for next season.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kassian is a 4th line player who can be easily replaced by a cheaper player. If someone offers us anything for him we should take it and free up salary for next season.
I don’t think Kassian is easily replaced otherwise he wouldn’t be 3rd in scoring of all the wingers. However he should be moved considering his value is at an all time high.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don’t think Kassian is easily replaced otherwise he wouldn’t be 3rd in scoring of all the wingers. However he should be moved considering his value is at an all time high.
Kassian's stats are skewed by this recent hot streak he's on. He had a single goal as his only point in the first 25 games he played this year. I wouldn't give him away by any means but if there's a market I'm definitely looking at it.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
I think the Oilers need to keep Kassian. He brings toughness with speed. The new GM will most likely be buying out the contract of Milan Lucic, therefore, you still need someone to look out for Connor.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I think the Oilers need to keep Kassian. He brings toughness with speed. The new GM will most likely be buying out the contract of Milan Lucic, therefore, you still need someone to look out for Connor.

Nurse can be the punching bag. I like Kass but I echo he’s over paid. Not by much I guess but thanks to Chia every cent counts. Kassian at 1-1.5 I’m fine with

Last edited:
Reactions: destro909

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

You can't buyout Lucic, the only way to get rid of him is to retain salary and package him with a pick.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008

I like Kassian but he is only 3rd due to the sorry state of our wingers. He would not be a top 9 winger on most other NHL teams

destro909

Jan 3, 2008

A Lucic buyout is actually unlike due to the way the contract is structured - it would not provide much cap relief. It’s possible that the new GM finds a creative trade this summer but it’s more likely that Lucic is an Oiler for one more season. Next summer his contract is far more appealing to a cap floor team.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Ya lets trade Kassian, so we have one less quality depth forwards on this team.

Heck trade him for a 3rd rounder that will never pan out for us, sounds like a great move.

I think Kassian at 2 mil is the least of our worries when it comes to expensive contracts.

Notice how the only bright thing about this team right now is nobody takes runs at Mcdavid?

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I'm sure there'd be someone that comes knocking for Kassian. Teams love grit for the playoffs.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
I'm sure there'd be someone that comes knocking for Kassian. Teams love grit for the playoffs.
Ya knocking with draft picks.

When you draft as well as the Edmonton Oilers, you shut that door and try to re-sign Kassian.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
What contracts are most similar to Lucic? Could a busy GM redpaperclip/NHL19 him into nothing eventually?

Lucic: $6 x 4 ($300k/point)
Neal: $5.75 x 4 ($257k/point)
Nylander: $6.96 x 5 ($313k/point)

B. Ryan: $7.25 x 3 ($143k/point)
Kesler: $6.875 x 3 ($712k/point) YIKES
Eriksson: $6 x 3 ($209k/point)

Backes: $6 x 2 ($264k/point)
Dubinsky: $5.85 x 2 ($240k/point)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad