Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Boston Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
continue

Jets/Rangers

Boston again too.

Watch us not trade with Boston after wasting our scouting contingent there for the better part of 10 games following the big club and farm team. Or get bent overly badly as one last "gift" from the dip****s known as our pro scouts.

Monahan broke out the same year that Gaudreau did. He's a sniper, not a line driver.

Point is shooting at 22.9%, which is 8.5% higher than his previous two seasons. His most common linemates are Kucherov, Johnson, Gourde and Stamkos. When Draisaitl isn't with McDavid, his most common linemates have been Chiasson and Rieder.

This is without even touching on Calgary having Giordano and company on the back end and Tampa having Hedman and company. A similar argument can be made for Scheifele and Aho, but I'll grant you them.

Draisaitl in the 16-17 playoffs played centre on his line, and he was fantastic.

To be fair, he very well could have continued to look as terrible as when he was here. There’s no guarantee he’d regain some offense like he has in New York. He was on pace for 9 points. That’s somehow less than Spooner even.

I was fine with trading Strome, and Spooner looked good on paper, but he was clearly the wrong guy to acquire

I mean if you want to pretend like those players dont play with good to great players themselves than sure. This team could swap Mcdavid/Drai for 20 games where Drai carries all the center duties and hed still produce offensively what hes producing. Do you think any of those centers would put up anywhere close to what they are putting up right now if they had the options Drai has as a 2c?

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Draisaitl is great but has proven absolutely nothing at center.

Has he ever played Centre with wingers that are halfway decent? Chaisson has been good (dropped back down to earth lately though) and Reider has been horrendous offensively. Give the guy a winger who can score and you never know.

Reactions: dawunderboy

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think it was obviously implied he meant tasks and roles not certain trades.
I think it's implied that little has changed in many, many years in Edmonton--pre-dating Peter Chiarelli's employment with this organization. They still work here. Which blows my f***ing mind.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
1. Trade Sekera and Nuge
2. Draft Hughes/Kakko
3. Sign Hall in 2020 free agency

McDavid and Hughes/Kakko on 1st line
Hall and Draisaitl on 2nd line
One can dream

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Has he ever played Centre with wingers that are halfway decent? Chaisson has been good (dropped back down to earth lately though) and Reider has been horrendous offensively. Give the guy a winger who can score and you never know.

Exactly. He's not McDavid or Crosby level. We badly need a guy to help out our 2C whether it be Nuge or Drai.

Reactions: B33K33PING

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
My point is we don't know

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015

aRiMXudbkTEUNqx-800x450-noPad.jpg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well yeah, but I don't think we find out until this team has competent wingers. If he's still performing poorly at centre with good wingers, then just be happy he's an elite winger and go from there...
This whole thing stemmed from someone saying that they would only take 3 centers in the league over Drai

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Draisaitl accomplished a lot at centre during the 16-17 playoffs.

He did well in his second season as a centre with Hall.

He doesn't do well with **** wingers when there's nothing on the line, i.e. lost seasons.
One playoff series and a 50 point season at center doesn't prove much. Draisaitl is a great winger. His NHL ability at center is massively unproven.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ya, except that time him and Hall carried the team for half a season:huh:

Or when he dominated on his own line in the playoffs

But other than that...you may be on to something:)
A 50 point season where Hall drove the line and a single playoff series proves nothing

I love Draisaitl and think he could in fact be a great center. I'm just saying be hasn't proven it yet cause our wingers suck.

But yes if we want to talk about sample sizes Yakupov is a high end NHL forward cause he had a good rookie season

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You know who's season at center is massively unproven?...Nathan MacKinnion, but then they got smart and got him some wingers....kinda like Drai had w/ Hall
Except MacKinnon actually played center for most of his time so far. Draisaitl has for one season and the occasional game.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I still maintain that the way you try to get rid of Manning is to overpay when acquiring a winger with a similar caphit. Something like Manning, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Wood or Bjorkstrand. Nobody is going to just take Manning.

The new GM might set a record for most players bought out.

A buyout screws us longer than just suffering through the shorter contracts though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad