Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Pulju + 1st for Jaden Schwartz.

That’s my prediction for Chia’s Chia trade.
You know that’s not horrible. Hes under a pretty cap friendly term. He can put up close to a point per game. Chiarelli will make a trade that is a lot worse. Like JP for Backes.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I really like Schwartz as a player and that value seems to be about right, but man he's always hurt.

That is likely to be a very high draft pick, no way it should go for Jaden Schwartz. If that is moved, especially if you're chucking in a 4th overall pick from only 2 years ago, it better be a very high end player. And as you said, Schwartz is injury prone.

Matter of fact, the more I think of it, the more I think Chia would actually try to pull off a deal like that.:ha::eek:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That is likely to be a very high draft pick, no way it should go for Jaden Schwartz. If that is moved, especially if you're chucking in a 4th overall pick from only 2 years ago, it better be a very high end player.
So would you do Yammy and JP for Schwartz?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Chiarelli is an unmitigated disaster. The trades this year are just an exclamation point on why this man should not be put in charge of even a peewee roster. Talk of dealing our first shows how out of touch he is. Even making the playoffs gets you a first round sweep against SJ or Calgary. Actually start building a team.

I have no faith that anything will substantively change with Katz as the team's owner.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Not sure. As I said Schawartz's brittleness worries me. Based on that though, he's probably fit right in. Can share popcorn with Klef each year in the PB while recovering.
Ahhh just wondering. Hell I don’t even know myself. Even if he plays half the season he would still get more points than 90% of the current roster.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Reasoning?
For me I rather trade a pick and one of those guys, rather than move both. Simply because of developmental years.

Unless of course you don't think JP or KY are going to do anything. From our stand point moving picks is better than moving guys that are already developing.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
For me I rather trade a pick and one of those guys, rather than move both. Simply because of developmental years.

Unless of course you don't think JP or KY are going to do anything. From our stand point moving picks is better than moving guys that are already developing.
I would take a top 12 draft pick over KY any day. The little guy is just so little.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
If you're willing to trade a 1st for a top6 winger.. then you have to go all out and target a guy like Tarasenko. Package the first with other assets and see if the Blues will bite.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure. As I said Schawartz's brittleness worries me. Based on that though, he's probably fit right in. Can share popcorn with Klef each year in the PB while recovering.
Between Klef, Gretzky, Coffey, Messier etc... they are going to run out

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you're willing to trade a 1st for a top6 winger.. then you have to go all out and target a guy like Tarasenko. Package the first with other assets and see if the Blues will bite.
Thinking about Tarasenko playing with McDavid makes my mouth water. It would cost an arm and a leg but my god that would be a dream.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really think the conversation for Tarasenko has to start with LD or RNH.

Unless STL has internal cap coming down the pipe. You have to think they want to shore up center if they are moving such a core piece.

They themselves should really only be a tweak away or an actual goalie away from being back in the thick of things.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I really think the conversation for Tarasenko has to start with LD or RNH.

Unless STL has internal cap coming down the pipe. You have to think they want to shore up center if they are moving such a core piece.

They themselves should really only be a tweak away or an actual goalie away from being back in the thick of things.
Unless they want to rebuild. I agree though nuge would probably be gone.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We're not a Jaden Schwartz away from being a contender and should marshall our assets for better returns that fit our actual window of competition (3-4 years).
Lol there is no 3-4 years away. We need to be competitive now.

McDavid isn't waiting 3-4 years.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
We're not a Jaden Schwartz away from being a contender and should marshall our assets for better returns that fit our actual window of competition (3-4 years).
Yah but a five million possible ppg player is a start. It just depends how much you believe JP and Yam will become good NHL regulars. It’s a gamble for sure.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Unless they want to rebuild. I agree though nuge would probably be gone.
I wonder if they'd be open to moving Schenn. I think that's a guy I'd try target.

Physical, scorer, versatile in the forward positions.

Down fall is like Kreider only one more year left. Upside he is Canadian so easier to retain potentially,

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
An off-season team to watch would be Tampa. They have a lot of 5mil players and will need to re-sign Point. I suspect they probably want to keep Stralman as well.

Although I still wonder how likely it's Callahan+ back to New York

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So would you do Yammy and JP for Schwartz?
My gut reaction was no, but upon thinking about it, I think I would because in all likelyhood one of the two will be a bust and then I have to ask of the one that does succeed what is the likelyhood that the player will succeed to the point of being at Schwartz's level and I'd say that is quite unlikely. So this is a case where I'd take the proverbial bird in hand over two in the bush.

Reactions: joestevens29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad