Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If we move our 1st it had damn well better be for a very good level player that would either instantly be our best defenseman or compete with Nuge for the 3rd best forward on the team. I still think that Nurse goes, I don't know how many times I have seen players coming down the ice looking for a shot and he doesn't even try to deflect it with his stick. As others have said, where does all of this magical cap space come from?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Buying out spooner and Sekera isn’t as bad as it sounds. We’d have just under 5.5 mil of dead space next year with roughly 1.6 of that expiring the next year then about 2.4 expiring the next year then it’s just 1.5 mil for two more years. Gives us almost 5 mil in cap space this year so I think it’s worth it.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Tarasenko would be a solid pickup. Gotta think it would start with oilers 2019 unprotected 1st, samarukov + +....it would b nice if one of the + could be spooner.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Can we please get a real pp Dman that can move the puck first? This team has been lacking that forever. I know we need wingers bad but let’s try and build from the D out first for once....

Hard pass for me. A “real pp dman” is a lot smaller upgrade than a top 6 winger
Honestly they both work for me. I was pumping hard for a winger or two but watching Karlsson and Burns destroy the Oilers made me think. They both improved the forwards' play so much. So both winger and defenseman work, as long as they have a clue in the offensive zone.

I'd only move the 1st for a top-line winger though (a guy like Tarasenko, or a signed Stone/Duchene) or a stud puck moving defenseman (Dougie Hamilton-esque).

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Dreaming of Taresenko in an Oilers jersey on Thursday. Make it happen Chia.

1st + X?

I'm actually obsessed with this.

Edit: Just had a dark thought that we will trade our 1st for Frolik. 1 for 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Tarasenko would be nice. But really, we have the worst defence in the entire NHL. Combined with the worst winger depth in the NHL, it is genuinely insane how bad Chiarelli has made this team. What a shame our picks like Yakupov, Puljujarvi, Nurse, and Yamamoto have turned out to be absolute duds while other teams seem to be making the right picks. That is the real difference maker here.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Nurse + Spooner + 2019 1st for Tarasenko?

no idea if that's even close

6.3 mil out 7.5 in
That would probably work cap-wise if Sekera were to stay on LTIR, which I think is gonna happen.

I don't know if it's enough value though. It's not far off, but I think they'd want a young forward or forward prospect as well.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Chia will surely get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs. It's hard to imagine him not desperately trading the #1 to squeak in, and even harder to imagine him not losing the trade.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Chia will surely get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs. It's hard to imagine him not desperately trading the #1 to squeak in, and even harder to imagine him not losing the trade.
That’s the scary thing, he absolutely should not be allowed to make any more trades, especially ones that include the 1 round pick

Reactions: TB12

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
So we have shitty goaltending again, the worst secondary scoring in the league and a blue line that the gm is placing bandaids on mortal wounds. Not contending anytime soon. It’s the Oiler way to go and squander their draft picks yet too.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's hilarious that people can simultaneously see the type of players Chiarelli has historically moved 1st rounders for and think that he's going to swing a deal for an elite 1st liner like Tarasenko or Stone signed to an extension.

I'm really curious where Stauffer thinks the money to add a legit top 6 forward with term is going to come from considering we're already over the cap and using LTIR money to ice a full roster.
It's funny Neilsen talked about it this morning and just flat out asked the same. He said who are these guys that can fit here? Someone brought up Kreider to him. Neilsen said "fine, but who is New York willing to take back to make the fit work?" He then worried are we actually going to go after someone with one more year left?

I'd then add Kreider has a NTC of 11 teams, so he might not even be an option as Americans generally don't waive for us. I then ask okay Stauffer says term, so maybe Neilsen is wrong with a guy with one year left. However, how good of a player are you now getting if the guy does have term?

Even if this isn't Chiarelli doing the trade what can we seriously expect for our 1st?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nurse + Spooner + 2019 1st for Tarasenko?

no idea if that's even close

6.3 mil out 7.5 in
I honestly don't know what STL plan is, but if they can afford to they should retain 1-2mil. Open up the teams that would be willing to trade for him. As it is 7,5mil isn't exactly that bad, but at 5.5-6.5 you start getting more contenders willing to trade for him.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's funny Neilsen talked about it this morning and just flat out asked the same. He said who are these guys that can fit here? Someone brought up Kreider to him. Neilsen said "fine, but who is New York willing to take back to make the fit work?" He then worried are we actually going to go after someone with one more year left?

I'd then add Kreider has a NTC of 11 teams, so he might not even be an option as Americans generally don't waive for us. I then ask okay Stauffer says term, so maybe Neilsen is wrong with a guy with one year left. However, how good of a player are you now getting if the guy does have term?

Even if this isn't Chiarelli doing the trade what can we seriously expect for our 1st?
I've watched a couple of Rangers games lately, Kreider was looking awful. Takes stupid penalties in the neutral zone, comes out of the box and takes another one right away. Nah thanks, we've had our fair share of stupid with Pouliot.

I'm against giving up our 1st, won't help this team in any way, especially with Chia chia'ing the Oilers.

WIOiler

Apr 19, 2017
Right now the only moves I think we should make are people at the end of their contract that we know aren't coming back. It's not worth letting Chia screw the team up anymore when I don't think he'll be around next year. Play out this year, get a new GM, probably a new coach, and let them do what then need to do in the offseason. I don't think we'd do anything in the playoffs if we made it anyway.

Reactions: TKB21

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've watched a couple of Rangers games lately, Kreider was looking awful. Takes stupid penalties in the neutral zone, comes out of the box and takes another one right away. Nah thanks, we've had our fair share of stupid with Pouliot.

I'm against giving up our 1st, won't help this team in any way, especially with Chia chia'ing the Oilers.
The guy is on pace for 40 goals. Looks like he's had a rough 4 games, but overall the guy is top 20 in the league for goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad