Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We can't afford Stone... even if he was available.

I find it interesting... If there was no salary cap there would be no Jets, yet now that we have the Jets, people want to sign every player available as if we had no salary cap.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Long term is probably Stone over Wheeler but short term it is definitely Wheeler.
If we traded Laine we could afford him and it would open up a roster spot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Long term is probably Stone over Wheeler but short term it is definitely Wheeler.
If we traded Laine we could afford him and it would open up a roster spot.
I think Stone might end up costing 1 million more than Wheeler. I'm not sure why, but I have some gut feeling that Stone might not age that we'll, and would be a risk on an expensive 8 year contract. Maybe it's because his so-so skating, that might be an issue if he loses speed. Or maybe it's that he's been banged up quite a bit over the past couple of seasons and plays a taxing style.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Stone might end up costing 1 million more than Wheeler. I'm not sure why, but I have some gut feeling that Stone might not age that we'll, and would be a risk on an expensive 8 year contract. Maybe it's because his so-so skating, that might be an issue if he loses speed. Or maybe it's that he's been banged up quite a bit over the past couple of seasons and plays a taxing style.

Sticking with Wheeler, who's a leader and an elite player, and "very durable' is a hell of a lot smarter than aquiring Stone --in my opinion. Not even something I'd consider, if it meant choosing between the two. I'd take Wheeler all day long, but 4 years down the road --things may change.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Hmmm....

upload_2018-9-20_12-51-43.png

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
There a quick way to post those skatr comparisons on here? Or do you have to save them then upload em?
I just use the Windows Snipping Tool and paste the image into the message - although when you do that they always show up as "Attachment ######" when quoted.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I mean, if we're looking at Skatr comparisons check Ehlers v Stone, I'll go with the guys 4 years younger on a cheap deal :laugh:.

@Whileee do you use the same thing as gm0ney? How are ya posting those?
Nah, I just download and upload. Wish I was as tech savvy as GM.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's easier than downloading/uploading...just click the Windows Start button and start typing "Snipping Tool" and it should appear under Best Match.

upload_2018-9-21_9-34-9.png

Set the Mode to "Rectangular Snip" then click New - the Snipping Tool vanishes and your cursor turns into a cross. Just drag a box around the area of the screen you want to snip. As soon as it appears in the Snipping Tool window, it's on the clipboard and can be pasted into an HF post, document, email, etc.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It's easier than downloading/uploading...just click the Windows Start button and start typing "Snipping Tool" and it should appear under Best Match.

View attachment 141207

Set the Mode to "Rectangular Snip" then click New - the Snipping Tool vanishes and your cursor turns into a cross. Just drag a box around the area of the screen you want to snip. As soon as it appears in the Snipping Tool window, it's on the clipboard and can be pasted into an HF post, document, email, etc.

Not going to lie, the Snipping Tool saved my life.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Any word on what happened with Nic Petan's father? Such a shame... by the sounds of things, the death was "sudden."

Make's this year even tougher for Nic Petan. Condolences for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad