Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
If Chevy can work his magic and sign trouba to a long term deal I will buy a Chevy jersey.... and sign and trade Myers when he goes on a tear in the playoffs :thumbu:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Detroit or Florida acquire him, it seems very likely he'll sign long term with them. He gets a bigger payday next year, and up to 8 years of security. If both teams want him, they'll need to secure him in a trade. There might also be other wild cards. Whatever transpires, Trouba having a really strong season is good for the Jets in a few ways.

Not sure what argument you are making here Whileee.

Certainly, a good season from Trouba increases our chances of winning this year at the same time as it boosts his market value.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Depends by how much and how much is an overpay. Considering our alternatives - how do you not afford it?

OTOH, what Trouba gets will influence what JoMo gets. If Trouba gets an extra mil, Morrissey will also want an extra mil - and with PP1 time he is going to have the scoring to command more money.

True, and so very very sad. Chevy has no one to blame for letting the situation develop to this but himself. I just hope that he doesn`t now grossly overpay to keep Trouba, with all the team salary structure problems that creates. He had an opportunity to put on his big boy pants and begin adjusting the D with a well considered Trouba trade when his market value was substantial ( long before the scheduled arbitration and public vetting of Trouba`s positioning) but he clung to his original plan instead in the belief that he could make it work. He may yet accomplish that - but "at what cost?"

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Perhaps Chevy is getting some trade offers for January, and needs clarity on which teams Trouba would extend prior to the trade

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
True, and so very very sad. Chevy has no one to blame for letting the situation develop to this but himself. I just hope that he doesn`t now grossly overpay to keep Trouba, with all the team salary structure problems that creates. He had an opportunity to put on his big boy pants and begin adjusting the D with a well considered Trouba trade when his market value was substantial ( long before the scheduled arbitration and public vetting of Trouba`s positioning) but he clung to his original plan instead in the belief that he could make it work. He may yet accomplish that - but "at what cost?"

Your description of Chevy's strategy and state of mind is plausible but entirely speculative. We just don't know. Correct or not though, I agree there were times when this process might have been brought to a head earlier with a better result. That is, unless Chevy still manages to pull off an acceptable deal with Trouba. Or - the favourite around here, Trouba helps us win a cup this year and then is traded for a lesser but still substantial return.

These last 2-3 games Trouba has played some of his best ever, IMO. Maybe Morrissey's play is pushing him to be better. (be best? :laugh:) It could push the cost of both of them higher than what we have been projecting. That would be one of those 'good to have' problems.

Maybe Trouba demonstrates that he is worth closer to what he is asking and Chevy pays enough to get him signed. Alternatively, maybe Trouba has a great season and boosts his trade value for next off-season. Good either way.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I’d imagine a simple phone call would suffice then.
Perhaps a chart which requires some explanation?
Detroit 7 x $7.8 or 6 x. $8.6 but will only play there if Mantha is not part of return package but won't play there if DeKeyser is still there and won't play for Bhashill unless Copp is part of trade.
Florida 6 x $7.4 unless g/f gets job in Tampa which means 6x$8 to cover weekend flight expenses or lifetime free Uber for her to go to his games

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The question is for those with knowledge of the Jet's cap situation is this ? If Trouba signs for big bucs--say $ 7,5 mil over 6 -7 years-- who's upcoming contracts will be affected by this ?

I would think Myers, Connor and Laine would be affected somehow ? I would guess if Trouba is signed, they lose Myers, or maybe someone like Connor. I would think someone will have to go ?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The question is for those with knowledge of the Jet's cap situation is this ? If Trouba signs for big bucs--say $ 7,5 mil over 6 -7 years-- who's upcoming contracts will be affected by this ?

I would think Myers, Connor and Laine would be affected somehow ? I would guess if Trouba is signed, they lose Myers, or maybe someone like Connor. I would think someone will have to go ?
Perreault, Myers, Kulikov (buyout?) . Kc bridged potentially

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: