Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
SJ has Burns @ 8m and soon Karlsson @ 11m. Ekblad and Trouba would come much cheaper.

Yeah, an Ekblad and Trouba right side would be rock solid for years. Really allows you to have 45 - 50 minutes of game covered with two solid pairings.

It’s not unlike the Devils having a left side of Stevens and Niedermayer.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah, an Ekblad and Trouba right side would be rock solid for years. Really allows you to have 45 - 50 minutes of game covered with two solid pairings.

It’s not unlike the Devils having a left side of Stevens and Niedermayer.
Yup. The Jets would be thrilled to have Buff and Trouba on the right side. I think teams want to have at least two studs that can anchor a D pairing. Trouba and Ekblad would give that to Florida.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup. The Jets would be thrilled to have Buff and Trouba on the right side. I think teams want to have at least two studs that can anchor a D pairing. Trouba and Ekblad would give that to Florida.

Well if Fla would like to add Trouba they have assets to trade. Right now cap would be their problem. We would need to take some back. They will recover about 9 mil after this season. Of course that means having to replace some players. But they would probably have space. Then there is the possible cap increase. Beyond that, we would need to take cap back.

OTOH, Fla is the most obvious place for Trouba to want to go. They should be the most able to sign him as a UFA in 2 years time.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
made this out of intrigue... this is EW's WAR:
DnP-Y9OUYAAF36U.jpg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Am I underestimating Barkov? The way we talk about him here you'd think he was as good as Schiefle.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Apparently Stone wants out.

Should the Jets try bring this guy in at TDL? What would the offer have to be?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The idea sounds interesting, but after trading away last years 1st, personally I don't know if I would be willing to pay the price.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Can't see how the Jets fit him under the cap, either this season or going forward. He's very good, but he plays a position of strength for the Jets.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We can't compete with the bidding for Stone's services. He plays a position of strength and a more desperate team will likely pony up the cost to acquire.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I’d be willing to give up a 1st and a prospect not name Vesalainen or Samberg.

Then pray he re-signs around 7-8 and package Ehlers with Trouba for blue chip d prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->